These rumors of the PS4 and XBox720 not running used games. (Wall of text)

#121NairodmaticPosted 1/3/2013 3:12:21 PM
I guess I'm one of those old fogies stuck in the past and unwilling to change.

I don't know anything about Steam or Cloud-I like having a disk (or cartridge).

That being said, I don't "believe" in downloading games.

Also, shouldn't a downloaded game be cheaper than its digital counterpart?

I remember hearing about this used lock-out a while back.

Ok.

They want me to buy new? Drop the price for a new game in half, and maintain the quality.

BTW, 98% of the games that I own, from Gamestop, were used under $25.

Yeah, it was hard to wait for the drop, but to me it was worth it.
---
Maybe video games should cost less than 20 million and take less than 3 years to make. Because $60 a pop is some b*******!
#122JonnyBoyFFPosted 1/3/2013 3:18:38 PM
I'm mostly concerned with the possibility of not being able to bring my games to friends' houses (without taking my entire console), and vice versa. Also, what if my console breaks? I need to buy all of my games over again? I would quit gaming if that happened.
---
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
#123AugustDreamingPosted 1/3/2013 3:25:19 PM(edited)
I'm a Nintendo guy myself but I really hope these rumours aren't true :/. I bought a lot of used games for my PS2 and thanks to that discovered a lot of awesome series (like Persona & MGS).

If the rumours are true then I won't be picking up a PS4.
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#124Virtue777Posted 1/3/2013 3:21:58 PM
Virtue777 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It only effects poor people.

---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#125Zato InfinitePosted 1/3/2013 3:24:56 PM
Me and my kid brother live separately and we both on PS3 consoles. We also trade games ALL the time. We love our PS3's but if this technology gets put on PS4 then Sony can seriously kiss our asses because neither one of us will support a console where we can't even let each other try out a game the other one has. I don't even care about the used game businesses or anything like that. I just want to be able to bring my game over to my brother's house and play it with him or borrow something he has because 'it's the coolest game ever' and 'if you don't check it out you're a *****t'.
#126Raddy8Posted 1/3/2013 3:35:08 PM
I just don't get the attempt to ruin the used games business. Now I understand if everyone had to buy new, they are hoping to sell more games this way. I'm guessing it'll backfire though, and less games will be sold because people have to be absolutely sure they want a game.

Plus I get that a game company makes no money from a used game, but that used game was bought new from somebody and they made money. Every used game made the companies money at some point in time. Now if people were making copies and distributing them in a store, I could understand. I get fighting piracy.
---
Gamertag: Pickle Swift
3DS friend code: 4339-2579-4895
#127Sailor GoonPosted 1/3/2013 3:39:45 PM
Raddy8 posted...
I just don't get the attempt to ruin the used games business. Now I understand if everyone had to buy new, they are hoping to sell more games this way. I'm guessing it'll backfire though, and less games will be sold because people have to be absolutely sure they want a game.

Plus I get that a game company makes no money from a used game, but that used game was bought new from somebody and they made money. Every used game made the companies money at some point in time. Now if people were making copies and distributing them in a store, I could understand. I get fighting piracy.

The flaw in your point is that if someone pays for a new game, and yes the devs get that $50 for the game, once someone buys the used version of said game, the devs get $0 off that second sale. Whereas if the second person had bought new, the devs would have made $100.
So yes, devs lose a TON of money off of used sales. I for on am totally for the locking of used game sales.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#128GhostOfOdinPosted 1/3/2013 3:42:57 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It's not that big of a difference since most used game sales are from places like Gamestop, wow.. a $2-$5 savings on a used game..

and hell I've seen them sell used games more expensive than new if you were to purchase at Wal-Mart.

You are a liar
#129apocalyptic_4Posted 1/3/2013 3:45:41 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It only effects poor people.

not surprised by this response.

and people take him seriously!? LOL.
---
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse
#130Zato InfinitePosted 1/3/2013 3:49:25 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Raddy8 posted...

The flaw in your point is that if someone pays for a new game, and yes the devs get that $50 for the game, once someone buys the used version of said game, the devs get $0 off that second sale. Whereas if the second person had bought new, the devs would have made $100.
So yes, devs lose a TON of money off of used sales. I for on am totally for the locking of used game sales.

I don't care about used games and I don't care about who makes money off used games. I just care about bringing a game over to my brother's house so we can play it together and vice versa. If Sony decides it's ok for them to take away my right to do that then they can kiss my ass.