These rumors of the PS4 and XBox720 not running used games. (Wall of text)

#131BuretsuPosted 1/3/2013 4:52:06 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Raddy8 posted...
I just don't get the attempt to ruin the used games business. Now I understand if everyone had to buy new, they are hoping to sell more games this way. I'm guessing it'll backfire though, and less games will be sold because people have to be absolutely sure they want a game.

Plus I get that a game company makes no money from a used game, but that used game was bought new from somebody and they made money. Every used game made the companies money at some point in time. Now if people were making copies and distributing them in a store, I could understand. I get fighting piracy.

The flaw in your point is that if someone pays for a new game, and yes the devs get that $50 for the game, once someone buys the used version of said game, the devs get $0 off that second sale. Whereas if the second person had bought new, the devs would have made $100.
So yes, devs lose a TON of money off of used sales. I for on am totally for the locking of used game sales.

I'm mixed on it. On one hand, I agree that it stinks that devs get nothing from used game sales. On the other, though, it gets kind of silly that you can go to a store and see games a year old or more that still cost $60. The entire burden shouldn't be placed on the consumer.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#132WygunPosted 1/3/2013 4:56:18 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It only effects poor people.

By the same logic consoles are for poor people. Most people own consoles because a 700-1200$ pc is too much expense. Not being able to cut cost by playing used games IS a huge deal.

That said, i dont believe these rumors. Too many people are against.
#133DarkAdonis123Posted 1/3/2013 5:00:39 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
The day all companies do this, I'll stop gaming.

This. I barely game a tenth of what I used to. Moving that to not at all would not be an issue.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#134NairodmaticPosted 1/3/2013 5:04:23 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Raddy8 posted...
I just don't get the attempt to ruin the used games business. Now I understand if everyone had to buy new, they are hoping to sell more games this way. I'm guessing it'll backfire though, and less games will be sold because people have to be absolutely sure they want a game.

Plus I get that a game company makes no money from a used game, but that used game was bought new from somebody and they made money. Every used game made the companies money at some point in time. Now if people were making copies and distributing them in a store, I could understand. I get fighting piracy.

The flaw in your point is that if someone pays for a new game, and yes the devs get that $50 for the game, once someone buys the used version of said game, the devs get $0 off that second sale. Whereas if the second person had bought new, the devs would have made $100.
So yes, devs lose a TON of money off of used sales. I for on am totally for the locking of used game sales.

How does a company lose money that they never had? I am a potential customer. Not a guaranteed customer. These aren't bootleg copies of a new game sold. It's a used copy.

It sounds like greed to me.

Others have posted that patents are filed all of the time and nothing comes of it. True, but if this isn't the first patent of this type, then it seems that something may be happening in the coming years.
---
Maybe video games should cost less than 20 million and take less than 3 years to make. Because $60 a pop is some b*******!
#135GunzleaderPosted 1/3/2013 5:06:28 PM
lol sorry maybe that joke was uncalled for but still...
i do agree with you tc.
anyway i'll be geting monster hunter on wii U maybe i'll see you online.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#136SgtInfinityPosted 1/3/2013 5:06:55 PM
- Used games become a thing of the past
- Retail price drops due to not having to make up for losses because of used game sales.
- To make more profit, companies start doing holiday sales similar to steam.

What the hell are you all complaining about.
---
HawkAndAnimal:a Shoryuken is a trowing star used by Ninjas............LOOK IT UP
#137BuretsuPosted 1/3/2013 5:08:09 PM
SgtInfinity posted...
- Used games become a thing of the past
- Retail price drops due to not having to make up for losses because of used game sales.
- To make more profit, companies start doing holiday sales similar to steam.

What the hell are you all complaining about.

The fact that parts 2 and 3 aren't a given.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#138Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/3/2013 5:16:46 PM
Outright lockouts of used games are never going to happen. Gamestop would probably refuse to stock any console or game that utilized such technology. I DO predict that next gen you will be seeing a lot more games that require online passes for multiplayer, but that will be the extent of it.
#139Zato InfinitePosted 1/3/2013 5:24:20 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
Outright lockouts of used games are never going to happen. Gamestop would probably refuse to stock any console or game that utilized such technology. I DO predict that next gen you will be seeing a lot more games that require online passes for multiplayer, but that will be the extent of it.

I sure hope you're right, bro.
#140Captain_NESPosted 1/3/2013 5:25:19 PM
Well most of the games I buy are brand new except for the odd rare game so this wouldn't affect me BUT if they go down this road then I will just quit gaming, which is really not hard to do, or invest in a PC and damn the console market to hell. This is not a question of the big companies fighting piracy but a dirty tactic of squeezing every possible penny out of all of us and I say NO to that!
---
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!