These rumors of the PS4 and XBox720 not running used games. (Wall of text)

#181Shinobi120Posted 1/3/2013 11:28:29 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It only effects poor people.

Dumbest post of the day, folks.

Pezofpower posted...
Accrovideogames posted...
I agree with TC and I approve of this topic. On a related note, it's illegal to prevent second hand sales and this is no different with gaming, digital or not. It's only a matter of time until the government intervenes and improves the law and its enforcement against such practices. Europe is currently in the process of doing so.

You don't own video games, you own the license to play them and the company clearly states they can terminate your ability to play at their discretion (their discretion being you attempting to resell their title). There's nothing illegal about this.

Wrong. Go look up the first sale doctrine. We may not own the games, but we do own copies of them.

Europe is already making their move in making practices like this illegal, so this would actually be good news for Europeans. Very soon, NA, Japan, & everywhere else will try it, too.
#182DTY3Posted 1/4/2013 4:33:25 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Dynheart posted...

Take that away? You are shoehorning people into buying a game in a limited window...unless everything goes digital. But most gamer's like to have that physical copy, especially for a console.

That's just old behavior, the physical copy thing. I use to be like that until I got older and decided it was a waste of space to keep all of that stuff, kind of like people who collect action figures, they eventually grow out of it.

Yep, these 'I like to look at the games on my shelf' guys are almost always 15-20 years old. Grown adults understand the convenience of DD

lol WOW. Hell no. That couldnt be anymore opposite from the truth.

And you post like a 12 year old. Seriously. Youve got this immature superiorit complex.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#183gary5105Posted 1/4/2013 5:45:06 AM
I don't know if its been said already, but these policies will render renting games useless. I like to rent before I buy often times so I don't get burned on a $60 game.

Which leads to the advantage of used games that I didn't see mentioned. They can be returned within 7 days if you don't like them.
#184PHEEliNUXPosted 1/4/2013 6:16:58 AM
If this ends up being true hopefully M$ and Sony bankrupt, It would be a mistake that they even entered gaming industry

I as well don't buy used games, But i go to my friend's house and play games with multiplayer

This isn't much of a problem IMO if they do something like online passes, You buy the game, It comes with a code, You can buy a code from the online store if you bought it used

Hopefully companies doesn't hit a new low by banning used consoles
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#185sejan12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 10:00:56 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
Wrong. Go look up the first sale doctrine. We may not own the games, but we do own copies of them.

Europe is already making their move in making practices like this illegal, so this would actually be good news for Europeans. Very soon, NA, Japan, & everywhere else will try it, too.

Actually, the US supreme court just heard a case on the first sale doctrine. Hopefully they'll side with consumers.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/10/scotus-first-sale-2/
#186Shinobi120Posted 1/4/2013 3:00:52 PM(edited)
sejan12 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...

Actually, the US supreme court just heard a case on the first sale doctrine. Hopefully they'll side with consumers.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/10/scotus-first-sale-2/

That's more to do with import products rather than products from this country.
#187MuryoPosted 1/4/2013 5:32:38 PM
My my Patcher says all will be well for Sony fans: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57562100-235/game-on-sony-wont-block-used-games-analyst/

So let me get this straight, he only predicts doom and fail for the Wii U, but Sony only gets good news?