These rumors of the PS4 and XBox720 not running used games. (Wall of text)

#21sejan12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:59:46 AM
I agree that there will be less sales over all. Imagine all the people that trade games regularly at Gamestop.

First, they won't be able to trade in games anymore. This leads to less purchasing power because of the lack of in-store credit. Now they can only purchase half the games they used to.

Second, people will be more wary about making purchases. Knowing that they have to keep the game regardless of the quality, they will make less purchases overall. Essentially, it'll hurt anything that isn't a top of the line AAA game.
#22PaladinrjaPosted 1/3/2013 11:00:40 AM
I'd say thats just an attempt to force all second hand games sales, from all revenues, to make sure MS & Sony get their cut.
Its no secret that MS are charging for backwards compatibility, Sony will as well. Both already looking to go cloud, will mean they can control this end.
EA, Activision & Co, will definately jump on this band wagon. Not that they would've had a choice either.
I can easily see Iwata telling anyone with this sort of idea to gfts. Afterall, theres making money & then theres this sort of thing.

Cloud is pretty secure, funny thing is that MS & Sony save even more money on network overheads with cloud, because every user on the cloud contributes.

Heh looks like MS, Sony & Publishers like EA, etc.. are gearing up to reap back every dollar they ever lost in software piracy & use as many consumers as they can to do it.

I was kinda hoping I could get a coupla more years now outta my PS3. Now I'm not so certain.
#23EastCoastKodyPosted 1/3/2013 11:02:36 AM(edited)
There are more (Sony blocking used games) topics on this Wii U board than there is on the PS3 or PS4 boards.

Heck there isn't even a topic on the PS4 board.
---
"Just cause someone trolls something doesn't mean they dislike it. I've wanted a Wii U since it was announced." -- lazycomplife
#24bleachgamer3Posted 1/3/2013 11:06:13 AM
Im not sure how this would hurt Nintendo better it would work in there favor.
#25DTY3Posted 1/3/2013 11:09:20 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It's not that big of a difference since most used game sales are from places like Gamestop, wow.. a $2-$5 savings on a used game..

and hell I've seen them sell used games more expensive than new if you were to purchase at Wal-Mart.

I got Metroid Prime 3 for $5 used at Gamestop...
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#26OzzieArcanePosted 1/3/2013 11:13:49 AM
Baha05 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It's not that big of a difference since most used game sales are from places like Gamestop, wow.. a $2-$5 savings on a used game..

and hell I've seen them sell used games more expensive than new if you were to purchase at Wal-Mart.

You're forgetting that prices over time tend to drop for used games.

Prices over time drop for new games too. If it's a game that Gamestop still has new copies of, the price difference is laughable.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#27IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/3/2013 11:15:56 AM
Used games have been negatively affecting the industry for a while. Plus like I said in the other thread if both the 720 and the PS4 do this then we can expect few games on the U as publishers have wanted this type of system for a very long time.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#28EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/3/2013 11:18:26 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Console gaming continues to evolve into PC gaming, soon consoles will be non-existant.

It's laughable honestly if they go this route.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#29IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/3/2013 11:20:11 AM
I'm fine with no consoles.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#30PaladinrjaPosted 1/3/2013 11:21:59 AM
EastCoastKody posted...
There are more (Sony blocking used games) topics on this Wii U board than there is on the PS3 or PS4 boards.

Heck there isn't even a topic on the PS4 board.

Yes there was. I posted a reply there less than 2 hrs ago. I have a PS3 too afterall.