These rumors of the PS4 and XBox720 not running used games. (Wall of text)

#41IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/3/2013 11:57:12 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
ElectricMole posted...
Gabe Newell doesn't see what the problem is and wonder why pc gamers aren't whining about the inability to sell unwanted games bought on Steam.

Because Steam sales make up for it.

This. Steam provides sales that can't be found anywhere else or it's hard to find. Console games are expensive as it is.

Amazon, GamersGate, GreenManGaming have all had better sales this year than Steam. PC gaming is just more affordable.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#42MegagunstarmanPosted 1/3/2013 11:58:57 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
It only effects poor people.

In a positive way.

Used games often have nasty scratches and smudges that can harm the disc drive of a console. M$ and Sony are just looking out for the little guy with this innovative feature.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#43PerfectAkumaPosted 1/3/2013 12:01:11 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

In a positive way.

Used games often have nasty scratches and smudges that can harm the disc drive of a console. M$ and Sony are just looking out for the little guy with this innovative feature.

Okay, when your new games get scratched years from now, what are you going to do?
---
My Streetpass ID http://passid.ca/ss929 StreetpassNYC Group http://facebook.com/streetpassnyc
#44messhiaunedPosted 1/3/2013 12:01:35 PM
NettoSaito posted...
This is a rumor from about a year and a half ago lol

No, there was a rumor concerning this awhile back, but this is new info based on a recent patent filing.
#45maximumbarmagePosted 1/3/2013 12:01:57 PM
It's not going to happen. Neither Sony or Microsoft would implement such a system if they weren't 100% the other was going to be using it as well, and the chances of them being THAT informed of each other's plans is unlikely.

Not going to happen.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#46realzeldaPosted 1/3/2013 12:02:06 PM
its fine now but bad idea for years down the line, imagine that 4 years into life cycle of ps4 and you want buy launch game new but cant find it anywhere as all used. that means you will never be able to play that game.
#47IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/3/2013 12:02:50 PM
PerfectAkuma posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

In a positive way.

Okay, when your new games get scratched years from now, what are you going to do?

Well, seeing as how the PS4 and 720 are going to be using blurays which are difficult to scratch...
---
#48EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/3/2013 12:06:18 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
ElectricMole posted...
Gabe Newell doesn't see what the problem is and wonder why pc gamers aren't whining about the inability to sell unwanted games bought on Steam.

This. Steam provides sales that can't be found anywhere else or it's hard to find. Console games are expensive as it is.

Amazon, GamersGate, GreenManGaming have all had better sales this year than Steam. PC gaming is just more affordable.

You kind of made my point. PC gaming has options of purchasing games that are not available on consoles which is why this used game prevention thing is borderline idiotic if Sony goes this route. Steam is just one example I stated that you can find games at better prices than you can find on consoles.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#49IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/3/2013 12:08:02 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
ElectricMole posted...

You kind of made my point. PC gaming has options of purchasing games that are not available on consoles which is why this used game prevention thing is borderline idiotic if Sony goes this route. Steam is just one example I stated that you can find games at better prices than you can find on consoles.

You can't buy console games in different stores? Lol
---
#50EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/3/2013 12:13:32 PM
Sure but you won't find console games at the same prices that you can find PC games online.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls