I wish Nintendo would go back to cartridge based systems

#21Baha05Posted 1/3/2013 1:15:07 PM
You know the funny thing is with things like SD cards and stuff I culd see them using those. Though I imagine it's still cheaper to use CDs then SD cards.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#22ElectricMolePosted 1/3/2013 1:19:18 PM
cartridges is what made 3rd parties abandon n64.

you guys who want home console cartridges again secretly want nintendo to fail, dont you?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#23CranberryPSOPosted 1/3/2013 1:27:49 PM
DS/3DS games are a kind of spiritual successor to cartridges.

You pop the game in and it plays, which from a user perspective is a lot like how the cartridges worked.

Cartridges are probably not going to be returning, but theres nothing wrong with looking back on them with some nostalgia. I was thumbing through my old shoe boxes of SNES cartridges yesterday and replaying a few of them.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#24thefabregas22Posted 1/3/2013 1:49:59 PM
Metal_Mercenary posted...
Yeah let's go back to cartridges, and return to having virtually no third party support.

We'd have cartridges though. Now let's take a second to think what's better. Okay?
In my mind cartridges beats third party. I predict your mind prefers third party. Different opinions same geni's I assume
---
Steam thefabregas22
Psn Admiral Classy Let's got down to the dirty!
#25Metal_MercenaryPosted 1/3/2013 1:53:18 PM
thefabregas22 posted...
Metal_Mercenary posted...
Yeah let's go back to cartridges, and return to having virtually no third party support.

We'd have cartridges though. Now let's take a second to think what's better. Okay?
In my mind cartridges beats third party. I predict your mind prefers third party. Different opinions same geni's I assume

You want cartridges out of nostalgia from an age where games cost up to 60 (sometimes 70) in the UK. I want third party because I actually want some bloody games to play on my console. I can't understand why people are so nostalgic for the N64. It had amazing games, but they were so few and far between and the only ones worth playing were made by Nintendo and Rareware. The N64 had some of the worst, if not the worst, droughts in releases because cartridges were so expensive to make and the storage space was extremely limited.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#26Tsutarja495Posted 1/3/2013 1:57:12 PM
I was happy with Nintendo's decision to stick with cartridges one more time with the N64, and I'd love it if it could have kept going forever, but I don't think it would work with how huge games have gotten in size now.