Will nintendo ever make mature games?

#1Murderstorm117Posted 1/3/2013 8:58:56 PM
You think that being in the industry for so long they would know that most of their fans have grown up and want more mature games opposed to the same old. Sony and microsoft do a good job at balancing family friendly games with games for the older crowd why can't nintendo do this as well? I hope that with the wii u they finally will
#2MathewMansonPosted 1/3/2013 9:10:13 PM
Bayonetta 2 is on its way. Nintendo said they wanted to go all out with the Wii U, and they added a fair bit onto Ninja Gaiden 3.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 1/3/2013 9:12:38 PM
I would hope not. Nintendo is great at what they do. Leave the "mature" games to other developers.
---
I like video games.
#4STN79Posted 1/3/2013 9:24:29 PM
You should see some of the stuff in Ninja gaiden razors edge. Enemies shout F you and there's literally buckets of blood everywhere. I'm surprised that even made it to a Nintendo system. As far as mature first party games no there will never be an M rated Nintendo game. That would be like X-rated Disney. It ain't gonna happen.
#5TheLightsAreOnPosted 1/3/2013 10:05:44 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I would hope not. Nintendo is great at what they do. Leave the "mature" games to other developers.

I think an experiment is in order here.

Nintendo could make two versions of the same game. One will be a blood and guts everywhere FPS game, and the other a Mario Paintball game.

The levels will be laid out the same. The physics will be the same. Just the graphics will be different.

Both would get released exclusive for the U.

I would bet the fanboys of 'the other systems' would call the FPS game crap, and would love for Nintendo to go third party so they could play that 'kick*ss paintball game' on their system.
#6Kentaro21Posted 1/3/2013 11:27:34 PM
Well, we have Bayonetta 2 coming, and Wii U's port of Ninja Gaiden 3 made it not suck.
#7bleachgamer3Posted 1/3/2013 11:38:30 PM
You should play No More Heroes.
#8RetroFanGirlPosted 1/4/2013 12:35:54 AM
bleachgamer3 posted...
You should play No More Heroes.

Nintendo didn't make that, there's even a PS3 version >_>
---
Hi.
#9SupaShigPosted 1/4/2013 12:38:03 AM
Eternal Darkness 2 please!
#10LightHawKnightPosted 1/4/2013 12:42:21 AM
I doubt that the TC even knows what mature is. I believe he thinks "mature" games are mature games.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."