#21ShadowSkill11Posted 1/4/2013 6:44:13 AM
zaakro posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
leeko_link posted...
- Geist
- Eternal Darkness
- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- Fatal Frame IV

I know you may say but Nintendo didn't make those, well Nintendo did had a hands in the creation of all of them so in theory those games are technically Nintendo made.

Wrong. 1/10 points for you. Do you even know how games are made?

Apparently you don't know what second party means.

Yeah, it means Nintendo still didn't make anything.
#22bleedingelitePosted 1/4/2013 7:30:43 AM
I think that a lot of kids think that a "mature game" is one where you run around and shoot bad guys and swear. I've actually pitched a real mature game to Nintendo. You play a guy in his late 20s, and your goal is to make it through each 8 and 1/2 hour day of work so you can go home to your girlfriend of 3 years and watch reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond together while you eat the delicious baked chicken she made. Then, you get to do the dishes on alternating days and maybe have a half-hearted argument about why you stopped going to the gym. Every few days you'll be presented with a minigame after you're finished reading in bed at night where you get to try and engage in lovemaking while pretending to have the same enthusiasm you did at the beginning of the relationship.

The high points of excitement in the game are when you get your tax return and have a little extra cash, and there's an exciting bit where you get a call from your father while you're at work and you learn that your mother just suffered a mild stroke and you have to leave early to visit her at the ER.

I'm calling the game "Mature Game for Mature Gamers: The Height of Super Mature Excitement Gaiden"
#23blangloisPosted 1/4/2013 7:44:30 AM
Murderstorm117 posted...
You think that being in the industry for so long they would know that most of their fans have grown up and want more mature games opposed to the same old. Sony and microsoft do a good job at balancing family friendly games with games for the older crowd why can't nintendo do this as well? I hope that with the wii u they finally will

I want you to think about that for a second. You are right, a lot of Nintendo fans have grown up, however, they are not nor will they ever be Nintendo's primary audience. Nintendo targets younger players because there is an endless supply of them. if Nintendo simply catered to tehir current aging fanbase, what would they do once all those people stop playing or expire? They would be stuck with no customers. instead they recruit new customers and gamers to the fold.

I get that that's unpopular since all gamers only want what they want to play and could care less if kids get anything, but it's smart business, and the business that Nintendo is in. Certainly there are adults that still appreciate family friendly games like I do, but I understand that at 34 I am NOT the target demographic for Nintendo. That is why it is good to have different choices in the market, so that everyone has something they can enjoy.
#24DTY3Posted 1/4/2013 8:28:34 AM
If you need to label a game as "Mature" rather than "fun" or "engaging" then I pity you.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#25Tsutarja495Posted 1/4/2013 8:31:42 AM
I doubt it. Sure, they will allow some third party M-rated games on their systems, but they won't make a 1st-Party M-rated game, it would clash with their family friendly image. And this is just fine by me.
#26SythisTaruPosted 1/4/2013 8:33:23 AM
Mario Manhunt, coming soon.