Was it worth it? - Results (131 votes)
Yes
70.99% (93 votes)
No
19.85% (26 votes)
Not Sure
9.16% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I wanna know because i wanna purchase one, and if you voted yes, please recommend some games.
---
NINtENDO
#2lazycomplifePosted 1/3/2013 11:38:43 PM
NSMBU, Nintendoland, and ZombiU are a good variety of games.
---
Yoshi is my BFF
#3Rizaadon007Posted 1/4/2013 12:06:38 AM
Add Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed to that list.
---
"Welcome to the Velvet Monorail! This place resides between Dream and Universal Studios!" -Cantido on how the Velvet Room changes from game to game.
#4SupaShigPosted 1/4/2013 12:12:41 AM
nsmb u
nintendoland
blops 2
warriors orochi 3
is what i have already.
4-5 games I want by march, too.

yeah, i'm pretty impressed with the launch lineup so far and i love the off tv play on the controller. so useful with a wife and kid in the house. not to mention getting your own screen in 2 player local games. loving it so far.
#5DBPanterAPosted 1/4/2013 1:06:08 AM
SupaShig posted...
nsmb u
nintendoland
blops 2
warriors orochi 3
is what i have already.
4-5 games I want by march, too.

yeah, i'm pretty impressed with the launch lineup so far and i love the off tv play on the controller. so useful with a wife and kid in the house. not to mention getting your own screen in 2 player local games. loving it so far.

Off screen play during sporting events is AWESOME. I actually had a friend over and traded him my 2nd Wii U. I purchased it for a now ex-GF, and he agreed to take it in exchange for a suit (in his wedding this year and we are buying) along with some other items. It was a very far deal, and he can't stop playing it.

The thing most people forget is 2013 will not have many games being released, because game developers are creating for Wii U as well as next gen consoles. The Wii U will offer more opportunities for new games as well as new IPs. It is worth the purchase. Lastly, while it may seem like a lot of money, historically speaking the cost of the console and games are cheaper today than at any time (adjusting for inflation). I remember spending $50 on NES or $60 for a SNES game. Now they are $5 on the VC.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#6Petey_MeanisPosted 1/4/2013 3:13:10 AM
yes
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#7PaladinrjaPosted 1/4/2013 3:31:10 AM
I'm happy with what I got for my money now. Will the Wii U go strong for years? who knows, but kids enjoy the Wii tothis day. Thats a great outcome .
#8stekim40Posted 1/4/2013 3:39:13 AM
Right now I have to say no, it's not. But that's because I paid 400 for it and I barely use it 1 hour a day right now.

Hopefully in time it will come good.
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#9diving_devil46Posted 1/4/2013 3:42:30 AM
I'm still in the "not sure" category...

If my funds were much better, I'd say yes for sure. There are plenty of games I want for the system and playing it, it's a lot of fun.

But, it also set me back a little (as with any entertainment product of this price-range). I mostly wanted it because I'm a tech-addict, I like messing around with new devices etc.

(FYI I'm 26 - so it's all my money that pays for it etc).

I probably should have waited, but I got the system when it was discounted by a fair amount already and I am having tonnes of fun with it.

Bottom line, if you can afford it, go for it.
#10TheStarCorePosted 1/4/2013 5:33:47 AM
stekim40 posted...
Right now I have to say no, it's not. But that's because I paid 400 for it and I barely use it 1 hour a day right now.

Hopefully in time it will come good.

Where on Earth did you buy from?

It's been very much worst the purchase for me, bought it Day 1 in the UK and I've got about 140 hours use of it according to the daily log doing various things. I have 6 disc games, 5 eShop games. Regret none of my choices so far. I play games more now thanks to the Gamepad and off-TV play.