I feel kind of sorry for Nintendo.

#121DemonDog666Posted 1/4/2013 12:29:03 PM(edited)
Kitchen Sink posted...
What I see on that list are 3rd party developers afraid of trying something new.

Nintendo once again to the rescue for innovation in the console gaming.

Looks at Mirror's Edge, Batman AA, Xcom Enemy Unknown, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, Resonance of Fate, Catherine, Alice: Madness Returns, Portal, Vanquish ect.

Looks at Nintendo: mario, mario, zelda port, mario, pokemon, mario, metroid, mario, mario zelda.

Only thing Nintendo innovates with is controller, their games hardly evolve at all and they hate new IPs.
#122fawfulmark2Posted 1/4/2013 12:28:56 PM
I don't know what's worse, those who are acting like thier opinions are law,or those who blindly ignore the fact that at least half those games mentioned did help shape the gaming medium for the last 5-10 years.

That's really the only explanation I can think of for those who call the GTA series overrated. Yeah people, there is a reason why that series gets so much acclaim(and it's not just for killing hookers.)
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#123P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/4/2013 12:30:14 PM
fawfulmark2 posted...
I don't know what's worse, those who are acting like thier opinions are law,or those who blindly ignore the fact that at least half those games mentioned did help shape the gaming medium for the last 5-10 years.

That's really the only explanation I can think of for those who call the GTA series overrated. Yeah people, there is a reason why that series gets so much acclaim(and it's not just for killing hookers.)

It's pretty much the hooker killing...
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
#124BoosterBurstPosted 1/4/2013 12:31:09 PM
I kind of feel sorry for TC. listing a bunch of sickly games and believing that they're good. you need to wake up from your denial.

did I see the Ass series, GTA4, bioshock, and borderlands on your list? all the games on your list are crap and pewpews suck.

now if you had said the Souls series you would be onto something.

don't quit your day job, TC.
#125squatch22Posted 1/4/2013 12:34:29 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Looks at Sony: Uncharted, ,Little Big Planet, Ratchet, GT, Killzone, Uncharted, , Little Big Planet, Uncharted, GT, Ratchet, Ratchet, Killzone , Little Big Planet ect.

Looks at Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade Chronicles, Pikmin

Fixed :)
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#126fawfulmark2Posted 1/4/2013 12:37:23 PM
squatch22 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Looks at Sony: Uncharted, ,Little Big Planet, Ratchet, GT, Killzone, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Resistance,God of War,Twisted Metal

Looks at Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade Chronicles, Pikmin

Fixed :)

fixed again.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#127JaredexePosted 1/4/2013 12:37:37 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
DDP886 posted...
squatch22 posted...
KroganBallEater posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Those other consoles have missed out on some of the best games of this generation as well.

Also, take out GTA4, Skyrim and Fallout 3 because they are garbage.

You are aware that Fallout 3 is considered to be the best game of all time right?
and GTAIV isn't garbage, people just don't like realism.

Skyrim is also one of the best games of all time.

Actually, Ocarina of Time is considered to be the best game of all time...

that game is garbage you obviously don't know video games.

You mad because a 14 year old game looks and plays better than Skywim?

I didn't care much for OoT. But it looks better comparatively, and it functions much better than most games today.

plays better? are you kidding me? go compare the game play
skyrims game play is soo much better
---
bdfdbdfbdfbdbdbdbswhrymm,,tuiy,m
jjrjrjegswvvsdvsdsvshetjtkyuk
#128higherflyerJPosted 1/4/2013 12:44:46 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Those other consoles have missed out on some of the best games of this generation as well.

Also, take out GTA4, Skyrim and Fallout 3 because they are garbage.

LOL... you're funny.
#129BoosterBurstPosted 1/4/2013 12:48:28 PM
Jaredexe posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

I didn't care much for OoT. But it looks better comparatively, and it functions much better than most games today.

plays better? are you kidding me? go compare the game play
skyrims game play is soo much better

I played OoT on the 3DS recently and yes it has far superior gameplay over Skyrim, you new casual gamer.
#130P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/4/2013 12:51:31 PM
I think the gameplay in OoT is better than Skyrim. Horse riding is better, fighting, dodging, using items, and movement are all better in OoT. Skyrim may be bigger but that grandness dilutes the actual control.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU