I feel kind of sorry for Nintendo.

#131TheSpectrePosted 1/4/2013 12:51:53 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Those other consoles have missed out on some of the best games of this generation as well.

Also, take out GTA4, Skyrim and Fallout 3 because they are garbage.

All three of those games are considered to be the best game of this generation.

Heck Fallout 3 is considered to be the best game of all time to many.

WTF?? *eyes board* Oh yea, I'm definitely lost here. *exits*
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#132Lord_MurdockPosted 1/4/2013 12:53:49 PM
kyncani posted...
t_wright1989 posted...
but if not for nintendo the other consoles would have no one to imitate. nintendo always leads the pack in launching next gen consoles, then sony and microsoft come through and you get crap like the kinect and playstation move. now we have knock off imitators playstation wii and xbox wii60. nintendo is the pioneer the rest just follow and observe for a chance to scavenge off of their success

Remember when Nintendo pioneered the cd and dvd ?
Or the dual analog sticks ?
Online features ?

I remember when Sega pioneered the CD and online features. Ah, Sega, that's a company I feel kind of sorry for...
---
Hm...You made it this far.
I congratulate you, but can you defeat me? -Murdock
#133Oni_TaedoPosted 1/4/2013 12:57:29 PM
Jaredexe posted...

plays better? are you kidding me? go compare the game play
skyrims game play is soo much better

I did actually. Played a lengthy session of Skyrim the other day, and am currently in the midst of my 100th play through of OoT. OoT is still better made, It plays better, it looks better (OoT looks amazing for a console game from '97. Skyrim looks okay for a PC game from 2011).

OoT is great from the get go. Skyrim needs mods. Mods add fun. OoT comes with fun included.

Skyrim may be bigger, but in most cases bigger = / = better.

Skyrim's combat is slow and clunky, relies largely on using shouts, spamming the attack button, and blocking once in a blue moon. I fought a dragon, and killed it within seconds, shouted it to oblivion after slapping it with my stabby mcpoker, and it toppled over.

OoT's combat is varied, forcing you to dodge, reflect attacks, block, spam the attack button, use items, and the environment to your advantage. I fought some Wolfos the other day, and found myself on the losing end of the fight, so I whipped out the hookshot, got to higher ground, picked one off with the bow, dropped back down, and continued the fight mano-a-wolfos.

OoT is just simply better made.
And I'm actually not blinded by nostalgia, I didn't get to play OoT until 2003, when I got the Master Collection. When the N64 came out, I was rocking the Saturn.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#134Oni_TaedoPosted 1/4/2013 1:00:52 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Kitchen Sink posted...
What I see on that list are 3rd party developers afraid of trying something new.

Nintendo once again to the rescue for innovation in the console gaming.

Looks at Mirror's Edge, Batman AA, Xcom Enemy Unknown, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, Resonance of Fate, Catherine, Alice: Madness Returns, Portal, Vanquish ect.

Looks at Nintendo: mario, mario, zelda port, mario, pokemon, mario, metroid, mario, mario zelda.

Only thing Nintendo innovates with is controller, their games hardly evolve at all and they hate new IPs.

Only one of those that are even slightly innovative, is Dark Souls. AA takes a lot from Metroid, with the exception of the brilliant combat, that's exclusive to AA, but hardly innovative, as Assassin's Creed did it way before AA, and Ninja Gaiden did it before Assassin's Creed.

Also, lol Catherine, worst game of last gen is somehow innovative?
---
#135DemonDog666Posted 1/4/2013 1:08:27 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Kitchen Sink posted...
What I see on that list are 3rd party developers afraid of trying something new.

Looks at Mirror's Edge, Batman AA, Xcom Enemy Unknown, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, Resonance of Fate, Catherine, Alice: Madness Returns, Portal, Vanquish ect.

Looks at Nintendo: mario, mario, zelda port, mario, pokemon, mario, metroid, mario, mario zelda.

Only thing Nintendo innovates with is controller, their games hardly evolve at all and they hate new IPs.

Only one of those that are even slightly innovative, is Dark Souls. AA takes a lot from Metroid, with the exception of the brilliant combat, that's exclusive to AA, but hardly innovative, as Assassin's Creed did it way before AA, and Ninja Gaiden did it before Assassin's Creed.

Wow you are delusional, completely ignoring mirror's edge lol and Catherine is a good game I'm guessing you just suck at puzzle games. I was actually considering listing actually bad games which are innovative though like neverdead but decided against. If you think innovative has to be good you simply don't know the meaning of the word and AC combat is nothing like Batman AA same with Ninja gaiden... and there is nothing like the stealth in AA in metroid at all or any game at all...

You didn't even mention the others which is just pathetic of you.
#136Oni_TaedoPosted 1/4/2013 1:09:38 PM
Lord_Murdock posted...
kyncani posted...
t_wright1989 posted...
but if not for nintendo the other consoles would have no one to imitate. nintendo always leads the pack in launching next gen consoles, then sony and microsoft come through and you get crap like the kinect and playstation move. now we have knock off imitators playstation wii and xbox wii60. nintendo is the pioneer the rest just follow and observe for a chance to scavenge off of their success

Remember when Nintendo pioneered the cd and dvd ?
Or the dual analog sticks ?
Online features ?

I remember when Sega pioneered the CD and online features. Ah, Sega, that's a company I feel kind of sorry for...

Except NEC made the first CD based console. And the SNES/Genesis had online features. Sure the SNES didn't have them outside of Japan, but it still had them.
---
#137DemonDog666Posted 1/4/2013 1:09:50 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I think the gameplay in OoT is better than Skyrim. Horse riding is better, fighting, dodging, using items, and movement are all better in OoT. Skyrim may be bigger but that grandness dilutes the actual control.

I don't really see that as a fair comparison, zelda is an action adventure, skyrim is an action rpg, with rpg elements being the main point. Action adventures always have better movement and combat then action rpgs
#138bleedingelitePosted 1/4/2013 1:10:37 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Kitchen Sink posted...

Wow you are delusional, completely ignoring mirror's edge lol and Catherine is a good game I'm guessing you just suck at puzzle games. I was actually considering listing actually bad games which are innovative though like neverdead but decided against. If you think innovative has to be good you simply don't know the meaning of the word and AC combat is nothing like Batman AA same with Ninja gaiden... and there is nothing like the stealth in AA in metroid at all or any game at all...

Hey, why are you still here?
#139sonicfanaticjtbPosted 1/4/2013 1:12:16 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

they hate new IPs.

Maybe 'Cause they have IPs coming out of the wazoo as is.

Mario and it's various subseries'
Zelda
Pokémon
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Smash Bros.
Puzzle League
Fire Emblem
Advanced Wars
Star Fox
Pikmin
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Punch Out
Sin and Punishment
Mother
Wii series
Donkey Kong
Wario Land
Warioware
Kirby

And I'm sure I'm missing some, too. Outside of F-Zero, Pikmin, and Mother (isn't the developer for Mother working on something? ), all of these game series' have had a game last gen or this gen.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#140Oni_TaedoPosted 1/4/2013 1:16:10 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Kitchen Sink posted...

Nobody's really taken anything from Mirror's Edge and put it to good use in any recent games.

AA's combat relies solely on, wait for opponent to attack, counter, watch him begin his new job as a speed bag. Ninja Gaiden and AC rely heavily on this too.

Catherine was terrible. Real puzzle games like Bubble Bobble, Puyo Pop, and Tetris put it to shame. It's a romance animu that's meant to look like a puzzle game. Not to mention, Atlus sucks at everything. They make ugly games, with terribad music, forgettable characters and almost anime bad dialogue.

Of course there's no stealth in Metroid. I meant in the whole, go hear, get this upgrade to open this door, but you can sort of use it in combat too. Certain doors are opened with certain gadgets. Sort of like Metroid.

The Thief games are much better at stealth than AA could ever be.
---