I feel kind of sorry for Nintendo.

#141JaredexePosted 1/4/2013 12:16:11 PM
BoosterBurst posted...
Jaredexe posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

I didn't care much for OoT. But it looks better comparatively, and it functions much better than most games today.

plays better? are you kidding me? go compare the game play
skyrims game play is soo much better

I played OoT on the 3DS recently and yes it has far superior gameplay over Skyrim, you new casual gamer.

yea ok, i've been gaming since intellivision days, OoT definitely does not top newer games. But thats ok, have fun being delusional
---
bdfdbdfbdfbdbdbdbswhrymm,,tuiy,m
jjrjrjegswvvsdvsdsvshetjtkyuk
#142Faceman_Posted 1/4/2013 12:16:54 PM
Someone please explain to me what a kiddy/casual game is... If anything, the Wii has all the hardcore games. ACTUAL games. Galaxy for example. Where as all Sony and Microsoft get are five or six COD per YEAR. The only people you hear online are kids, yelling and screaming and then having their parents tell them to shut up XD If anyone is casual its Sony and Microsoft. Gamers play games. Fan boys and so called "hardcore gamers" play casual garbage like COD. Which is no different than the saw and paranormal activity film series. They were good. ONCE. When they were made soley for people who liked to be freaked out, but when they became cash cows they became mediocre, casual friendly trash. No different than COD.

Uncharted, probably the only real game series to be created this generation is casual now. Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece with fantastic online game play. Uncharted 3? Great single player, but horrible online. They traded in amazing multiplayer graphics to give us 3d... Because let's face it, everyone has a 3D TV and plays their games in 3D. THAT is a casual game.
#143Oni_TaedoPosted 1/4/2013 12:18:53 PM
Jaredexe posted...
BoosterBurst posted...
Jaredexe posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

I didn't care much for OoT. But it looks better comparatively, and it functions much better than most games today.

I played OoT on the 3DS recently and yes it has far superior gameplay over Skyrim, you new casual gamer.

yea ok, i've been gaming since intellivision days, OoT definitely does not top newer games. But thats ok, have fun being delusional

OoT doesn't top all. But most. The only thing OoT lacks, is size, but it makes up for it by being damn awesome.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#144TrueBlue91Posted 1/4/2013 12:22:28 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Jaredexe posted...
BoosterBurst posted...
Jaredexe posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

OoT doesn't top all. But most. The only thing OoT lacks, is size, but it makes up for it by being damn awesome.

As much as I like OOT, it's dated and the gameplay is (obviously) very shallow by today's standards. The combat is weak too, but not nearly as bad as Skyward Sword's I guess. It was amazing for its time though.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#145kyncaniPosted 1/4/2013 12:27:34 PM(edited)
Oni_Taedo posted...
Lord_Murdock posted...
kyncani posted...
t_wright1989 posted...
but if not for nintendo the other consoles would have no one to imitate. nintendo always leads the pack in launching next gen consoles, then sony and microsoft come through and you get crap like the kinect and playstation move. now we have knock off imitators playstation wii and xbox wii60. nintendo is the pioneer the rest just follow and observe for a chance to scavenge off of their success

Remember when Nintendo pioneered the cd and dvd ?
Or the dual analog sticks ?
Online features ?

I remember when Sega pioneered the CD and online features. Ah, Sega, that's a company I feel kind of sorry for...

Except NEC made the first CD based console. And the SNES/Genesis had online features. Sure the SNES didn't have them outside of Japan, but it still had them.

Sega got back on their feet quite nicely though. I've played Vanquish and Sega & All-Stars Racing: Transformed recently and they were both quite good :)

Anyway, it does not matter who pioneers what. Eventually all the better features will be available to us.

I don't get why Nintendrones or Sony ponies try to defend their companies so much. It's not like they work in said companies, or if those companies love them.
They had nothing to do with those inventions, they just bought the final product, nothing more.
#146El_ZaggyPosted 1/4/2013 12:23:28 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I think the gameplay in OoT is better than Skyrim. Horse riding is better, fighting, dodging, using items, and movement are all better in OoT. Skyrim may be bigger but that grandness dilutes the actual control.

ONly on nintendo boards I can read hilarious stuff like this.
Skyrim isnt meant to be like Zelda ini any shape or form.

If you want to compare so badly OoT time, compare it to similar games. Okami for example (which is a lot better than OoT in many many ways, art"graphics, story telling, world, exploration, puzzle)

If you want to compare Skyrim so badly there no game to compare with on a nintendo system.

Either way Skyrim is a damn great game, sales and numerous awards are there to prove it anyways
#147Oni_TaedoPosted 1/4/2013 12:24:19 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
I think the gameplay in OoT is better than Skyrim. Horse riding is better, fighting, dodging, using items, and movement are all better in OoT. Skyrim may be bigger but that grandness dilutes the actual control.

I don't really see that as a fair comparison, zelda is an action adventure, skyrim is an action rpg, with rpg elements being the main point. Action adventures always have better movement and combat then action rpgs

Skyrim is an RPG?
Well, Rock n' Roll racing has some RPG elements, guess it's an RPG too.

Skyrim is an action adventure with light RPG elements. It's not the same is previous Elder Scrolls, which were hardcore RPG to the bone. Skyrim strips that away so as to appeal to new players. It's no longer an action/RPG, but an action/adventure, and since the action gets a little dull sometimes, it's really more of an adventure.

I guess since in Zelda, you get more health as the game goes on, buy new things to protect yourself, each varying in how much protection they grant you, and stronger weapons as the game goes on, it could be classified as an RPG, but at this point, I'm just doing what DemonDog does, which is grasping at straws.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#148El_ZaggyPosted 1/4/2013 12:30:22 PM(edited)
Oni_Taedo posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

I don't really see that as a fair comparison, zelda is an action adventure, skyrim is an action rpg, with rpg elements being the main point. Action adventures always have better movement and combat then action rpgs

Skyrim is an RPG?
Well, Rock n' Roll racing has some RPG elements, guess it's an RPG too.

Skyrim is an action adventure with light RPG elements. It's not the same is previous Elder Scrolls, which were hardcore RPG to the bone. Skyrim strips that away so as to appeal to new players. It's no longer an action/RPG, but an action/adventure, and since the action gets a little dull sometimes, it's really more of an adventure.

I guess since in Zelda, you get more health as the game goes on, buy new things to protect yourself, each varying in how much protection they grant you, and stronger weapons as the game goes on, it could be classified as an RPG, but at this point, I'm just doing what DemonDog does, which is grasping at straws.

Skyrim is an rpg, you are given a lot of choices in the game, you play like you want to play, you do what you want to do, youo develop your character like you want it.

It's different from Morrowind of course, but still an RPG at its core. And what is an rpg again ? A game where you do what you want because you take the role of someone (I'm not talkign about those crap jpgs where they limit your gameplay and impose you choices, its like watching a movie without you playing a role)

If youre saying thats its not an rpg then we can all say that Zelda is an Hack n slash game with puzzle elements.
#149warior55Posted 1/4/2013 12:34:43 PM
Faceman_ posted...
KroganBallEater posted...

Grand Theft Auto IV
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Valve Games
Assassin's Creed II series.
Bioshock
Borderlands

GTA is over hyped trash. They're fun for about an hour before they get tedious and boring.

Never played RDR so no comment on it.

Skyrim is also over hyped and extremely boring

Never played a FO, they never stood out to me.

Portal is great, I'll give you that.

Assassin's Creed was meh.

Bioshock had its moments.

Borderlands is the only thing I'd miss on the U, but 3 will be on it so I don't mind it.

Denial at its finest
---
Halo 4
#150Lemmywinks13Posted 1/4/2013 12:34:55 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
Because they decided to go with a less powerful system. They got the most sales. But they missed out on some of the best games this generation.

Grand Theft Auto IV
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Valve Games
Assassin's Creed II series.
Bioshock
Borderlands

Some of those games are even considered some of the best of all time! And unless some nintendo "fanboys" have other consoles, they haven't played them :/

That's the beauty of owning *gasp* TWO consoles!!!! I can play all of those AND Nintendo's games. Something you probably can't do.