I feel kind of sorry for Nintendo.

#171Ness0123456789Posted 1/4/2013 2:27:16 PM
El_Zaggy posted...

Or maybe its the opposite, you have bad taste. But who cares anyway ? Those games are blockbuster games that skip the wii u and its a bad thing since those games are quite popular and have a nice fanbase that could help nintendo keep the wii u afloat. That you dislike them or not is not even the question. The sales talks, the awards talks and many many gamers, websites and reviewers put Skyrim for their GOTY. Democracy wins. Your taste means absolutely nothing compared to the millions of sales those games did. Thats a fact.

Lol poor kid doesn't realize that sales/=/quality. You know what else sells like there's no tomorrow? Twilight. And only the most deranged, cut-off from society fanboy would call that...stuff...acceptable writing, let alone good... Fact is, Xenoblade is bland, and boring. sure those are opinions. What's FACT is, is that Xenoblade is a boring, dumbed down and casualized experience compared to the previous series entries. Compare Xenogears, or even Xenosaga to Xenoblade, they both have so much more to offer compared to Xenoblade its not even funny..

Opinions work both ways. I've played Xenogears, Xenosaga, and had the unfortunate pleasure to play Xenoblade after buying into the hype. I found Xenoblade to be an extremely boring, cliched, terribly written game filled with dues ex machina, unlikeable characters, horrific voice acting and one liners, and a game world that was, like Skyrim, vast but completely devoid of any real depth.

Yes, it had hundreds of quests, but like Skyrim, most of those quests were generic fetch quests or kill "X" quests that are better suited in MMO's. And the combat system? It was a watered down Hot-key based MMO combat system that, without class synergy, was an absolute bore to play through.

But there are people ( and I'll never understand why) who liked the game and thought it was an absolute masterpiece. I did not. I thought it was terrible and one of the worst JRPG's I played in 2012. However, I'm not going to sit here and throw out idiotic "Facts" that are simply thinly veiled opinions and berate someone else for having an opinion that differs from me. The only actual fact you had in that ridiculous post of yours was that Skyrim, like ALL of Bethesda's games, was buggy as all hell on the Consoles.

The rest is entirely subjective.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#172x2link777Posted 1/4/2013 2:35:25 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...

Opinions work both ways. I've played Xenogears, Xenosaga, and had the unfortunate pleasure to play Xenoblade after buying into the hype. I found Xenoblade to be an extremely boring, cliched, terribly written game filled with dues ex machina, unlikeable characters, horrific voice acting and one liners, and a game world that was, like Skyrim, vast but completely devoid of any real depth.

Yes, it had hundreds of quests, but like Skyrim, most of those quests were generic fetch quests or kill "X" quests that are better suited in MMO's. And the combat system? It was a watered down Hot-key based MMO combat system that, without class synergy, was an absolute bore to play through.

But there are people ( and I'll never understand why) who liked the game and thought it was an absolute masterpiece. I did not. I thought it was terrible and one of the worst JRPG's I played in 2012. However, I'm not going to sit here and throw out idiotic "Facts" that are simply thinly veiled opinions and berate someone else for having an opinion that differs from me. The only actual fact you had in that ridiculous post of yours was that Skyrim, like ALL of Bethesda's games, was buggy as all hell on the Consoles.

The rest is entirely subjective.

Nope, this whole post of yours is redundant as it doesn't work. While yes, Xenoblade has ties to the others mentioned, it is NOT the next in line like Skyrim is of the TES series. And like it or not, I posted FACTS, you posted a bunch of whining. Take your little ##### fest whining about those FACTS to any board with REAL TES fans and see just how bad you get torn asunder. Fact is, in comparison to the very series it's part of, Skyrim is dumbed down, casualized, and nowhere near what the previous games were.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#173laxnd23Posted 1/4/2013 2:37:48 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
Because they decided to go with a less powerful system. They got the most sales. But they missed out on some of the best games this generation.

Grand Theft Auto IV Still a chance this might come out actually
Red Dead Redemption This game was released more than 2 years ago. Really?
Skyrim I wouldn't want this on Wii U, Bethesda can't even handle PS3.
Fallout 3 How old is this game now? Why port it?
Valve Games These things are terrible on all consoles. Valve games are meant for PC
Assassin's Creed II series. It has Assassin's Creed III you idiot
Bioshock Finally the first legitimate point. Although I can understand why they wouldn't want to redo all the design so it works with the gamepad.
Borderlands Again, this game is old. Also, same point as with Bioshock.

Some of those games are even considered some of the best of all time! And unless some nintendo "fanboys" have other consoles, they haven't played them :/

You don't think before posting do you?
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#174laxnd23Posted 1/4/2013 2:40:07 PM
laxnd23 posted...
KroganBallEater posted...
Because they decided to go with a less powerful system. They got the most sales. But they missed out on some of the best games this generation.

Grand Theft Auto IV Still a chance this might come out actually
Red Dead Redemption This game was released more than 2 years ago. Really?
Skyrim I wouldn't want this on Wii U, Bethesda can't even handle PS3.
Fallout 3 How old is this game now? Why port it?
Valve Games These things are terrible on all consoles. Valve games are meant for PC
Assassin's Creed II series. It has Assassin's Creed III you idiot
Bioshock Finally the first legitimate point. Although I can understand why they wouldn't want to redo all the design so it works with the gamepad.
Borderlands Again, this game is old. Also, same point as with Bioshock.

Some of those games are even considered some of the best of all time! And unless some nintendo "fanboys" have other consoles, they haven't played them :/

You don't think before posting do you?

Wow I need to listen to my own advice. I thought you said GTA5, not GTA4. Why rerelease a 4 year old(?) game at this point?

And while all those games above are very good or even excellent, greatest games of this generation or all time they are not. With the exception of Valve games.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#175MathewMansonPosted 1/4/2013 2:41:02 PM
squatch22 posted...
MathewManson posted...
Other than the SNES and 64, when has Nintendo not had the weakest system?

Gamecube, and NES was strongest at time of launch...

Yes, then they eventually got overtaken. The other two systems aren't out yet, so this whole talk of what the Wii U will or won't get is moronic.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.