I feel kind of sorry for Nintendo.

#41TheProphecies05Posted 1/4/2013 7:45:45 AM
Console GOAT - Super Mario Bros. 40.23 million

GOAT - as much as I hate it.. WoW has a GDP of 2.2billion a year.. plus expansion game purchases.

Sorry, everyone has a opinion and says this is GOAT or this is GOAT.. just look at where the money is.
#42_Yag_Posted 1/4/2013 7:57:58 AM
KroganBallEater posted...
Because they decided to go with a less powerful system. They got the most sales. But they missed out on some of the best games this generation.

Grand Theft Auto IV
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Valve Games
Assassin's Creed II series.
Bioshock
Borderlands

Some of those games are even considered some of the best of all time! And unless some nintendo "fanboys" have other consoles, they haven't played them :/

you list those games but not Mass Effect 2/3? wrong.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#43xxSkyShadowxxPosted 1/4/2013 8:04:50 AM
Didn't read all the opinions being batted back and forth like a shuttlecock in a game of Badminton over which game is the best of all time (many critics consider Deus Ex--the first one, not the recent sequel- one of the best of all time--but that may have changed, but I digress...)...figured I'd add my two cents to the TC's actual topic.

There is no reason to feel bad for Nintendo....they made ridiculous money off the Wii sales. They probably swim in it like Scroodge McDuck.

I guess you could feel sorry for the folks that purchased the console....but then again, there isn't much of a point to that either, considering most who purchased it weren't heavy gamers, and those who were chose to go with it chose it because they like the games that Nintendo typically offers. The true die-hard gamers bought it and one (or even both) of the other consoles in addition to it to get a wider variety of games.

Offering a less powerful console, at a much lower price, with some gimmicks added played out extremely well for them. There is no reason to feel sorry for them.
#44KAMMYqueenPosted 1/4/2013 8:05:35 AM
Because they decided to go with a less powerful system. They got the most sales. But they missed out on some of the best games this generation.

Grand Theft Auto IV
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Valve Games
Assassin's Creed II series.
Bioshock
Borderlands

Some of those games are even considered some of the best of all time! And unless some nintendo "fanboys" have other consoles, they haven't played them :/

the funny thing is only one of those games i would buy
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#45XWolfOPosted 1/4/2013 8:05:57 AM
All those games are much better on the PC.

Either that or they just suck.

We don't need them on Nintendo consoles.

I buy Nintendo consoles for Mario. Link, Samus, Kirby and Smash Bros. anyway.
---
It's-a me!
#46MarioMan847Posted 1/4/2013 8:13:03 AM
At this rate, defending the Wii again is pretty much pointless. *walks out*
---
Video games are awesome.
#47t_wright1989Posted 1/4/2013 8:15:21 AM
but if not for nintendo the other consoles would have no one to imitate. nintendo always leads the pack in launching next gen consoles, then sony and microsoft come through and you get crap like the kinect and playstation move. now we have knock off imitators playstation wii and xbox wii60. nintendo is the pioneer the rest just follow and observe for a chance to scavenge off of their success
#48MotiJrPosted 1/4/2013 8:19:50 AM
I feel sorry for you.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#49kyncaniPosted 1/4/2013 8:25:10 AM
t_wright1989 posted...
but if not for nintendo the other consoles would have no one to imitate. nintendo always leads the pack in launching next gen consoles, then sony and microsoft come through and you get crap like the kinect and playstation move. now we have knock off imitators playstation wii and xbox wii60. nintendo is the pioneer the rest just follow and observe for a chance to scavenge off of their success

Remember when Nintendo pioneered the cd and dvd ?
Or the dual analog sticks ?
Online features ?
#50DeathSoul2000Posted 1/4/2013 8:30:49 AM
toad133 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Those other consoles have missed out on some of the best games of this generation as well.

Also, take out GTA4, Skyrim and Fallout 3 because they are garbage.

You are aware that Fallout 3 is considered to be the best game of all time right?.

In terms of what, sales? You know what else sells well but isn't great? Twilight.

Now if you had said New Vegas, I could have agreed with that.

In terms of sales what are you talking about? If it was in terms of sales then Wii Sports would be the best game of all time.

you cannot "buy" wii sports. the only reason it has huge numbers is because it comes with damn near every wii system produced.