I feel kind of sorry for Nintendo.

#61JeroisourosinPosted 1/4/2013 8:12:16 AM
This was some good bait,despite how obvious it was look at all the haters and fanboys being drawn in,calling it now,to16 at the most (I hope).
---
I was wondering why the baseball was getting bigger,then it hit me
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#62KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 8:15:05 AM
_Yag_ posted...
KroganBallEater posted...
Because they decided to go with a less powerful system. They got the most sales. But they missed out on some of the best games this generation.

Grand Theft Auto IV
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Valve Games
Assassin's Creed II series.
Bioshock
Borderlands

Some of those games are even considered some of the best of all time! And unless some nintendo "fanboys" have other consoles, they haven't played them :/

you list those games but not Mass Effect 2/3? wrong.

I find that the ending to Mass Effect 3 just ruined the entire series because of how story driven it is.
#63SythisTaruPosted 1/4/2013 8:31:11 AM
Besides Valve, this list is true.
#64NubWerksPosted 1/4/2013 8:35:28 AM(edited)
This is fun to watch. Keep bickering.

In point of fact Nintendo girls didn't miss anything. It's a matter of opinion. Nintendo is working angles on the next generation of consumers. The kids toward whom their games were marketed in the last 10 years were under the age of 12. All the games quoted at the beginning of this post were, largely, rated M for consumers in their late teens and into adulthood. Kids who played Wii didn't miss anything. When they get older they find they like those games, but will consider a different set of games to be 'classic' in their mindframe because they will remember Wii as the 'golden age' of games for their generation.

Seriously, this conversation is full of opinionated crap. I'm positive there is a list that has best selling games by gross income and actual sales, so the conversational pieces including "Many consider this game to be the best of all time" is all fine and good, but subjective at best.
---
I got your bette midler right here you motor boatin' cake eater!
Proud member of Str8Klobbin!
#65datopgamerPosted 1/4/2013 8:33:59 AM
kyncani posted...
t_wright1989 posted...
but if not for nintendo the other consoles would have no one to imitate. nintendo always leads the pack in launching next gen consoles, then sony and microsoft come through and you get crap like the kinect and playstation move. now we have knock off imitators playstation wii and xbox wii60. nintendo is the pioneer the rest just follow and observe for a chance to scavenge off of their success

Remember when Nintendo pioneered the cd and dvd ?
Or the dual analog sticks ?
Online features ?

Nope, but I do remember Nintendo pioneering the following:

Rumble
d-pad
motion controllers
Analog Stick
Shoulder Buttons
Good 1st party wireless controllers (wavebird)

It's funny because all of these things are still used today. As for dual analog sticks, it wasn't properly used until the xbox, but Sony did have the first one on the playstation. As for online features, pc pioneered that one as well as CD gaming. If you mean CD in consoles then the CD-I was the first console released with CD capabilities.

As for feeling sorry for Nintendo over a few games, who cares really. Nintendo did well the past generation and have done well enough to stay in the console game since 1984. They must be doing something right. Sure they might not cater to everyone, but they have a loyal fanbase who enjoy their first party games. I don't feel sorry for any company right now as they are all doing alright, but if there's any company that needs to be worried about it's Sony.

As for the games listed, you could've picked a better list. I mean GTA4 was alright, but nothing spectacular. Haven't played RDR but heard great things about it. Skyrim got boring really fast for me, I enjoyed Oblivion more. Fallout 3 was alright, but too many glitches. Assassin's Creed series was boring to me, but I'm probably the minority here. Bioshock is an excellent game, but Nintendo doesn't need it on their console as it's been released on every other console. Borderlands is another one that's been released everywhere but is a great game. Last but not least the Valve games. I feel sorry for console gamers in general for this as PC gamers get the definitive versions of these games.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x 23" Acer Monitors
#66DinglesteedPosted 1/4/2013 8:36:15 AM
Someone thinks Skyrim is one of the best games of all time? Really?

Hell, Morrowind was way better and I wouldn't even include it in my top 10 D:
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#67squatch22Posted 1/4/2013 8:39:25 AM
datopgamer posted...
kyncani posted...
t_wright1989 posted...
but if not for nintendo the other consoles would have no one to imitate. nintendo always leads the pack in launching next gen consoles, then sony and microsoft come through and you get crap like the kinect and playstation move. now we have knock off imitators playstation wii and xbox wii60. nintendo is the pioneer the rest just follow and observe for a chance to scavenge off of their success

Remember when Nintendo pioneered the cd and dvd ?
Or the dual analog sticks ?
Online features ?

Nope, but I do remember Nintendo pioneering the following:

Rumble
d-pad
motion controllers
Analog Stick
Shoulder Buttons
Good 1st party wireless controllers (wavebird)

It's funny because all of these things are still used today. As for dual analog sticks, it wasn't properly used until the xbox, but Sony did have the first one on the playstation. As for online features, pc pioneered that one as well as CD gaming. If you mean CD in consoles then the CD-I was the first console released with CD capabilities.

As for feeling sorry for Nintendo over a few games, who cares really. Nintendo did well the past generation and have done well enough to stay in the console game since 1984. They must be doing something right. Sure they might not cater to everyone, but they have a loyal fanbase who enjoy their first party games. I don't feel sorry for any company right now as they are all doing alright, but if there's any company that needs to be worried about it's Sony.

As for the games listed, you could've picked a better list. I mean GTA4 was alright, but nothing spectacular. Haven't played RDR but heard great things about it. Skyrim got boring really fast for me, I enjoyed Oblivion more. Fallout 3 was alright, but too many glitches. Assassin's Creed series was boring to me, but I'm probably the minority here. Bioshock is an excellent game, but Nintendo doesn't need it on their console as it's been released on every other console. Borderlands is another one that's been released everywhere but is a great game. Last but not least the Valve games. I feel sorry for console gamers in general for this as PC gamers get the definitive versions of these games.

Sony didnt even have the first Dual Analogue. lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_analog_control#Dual_analog_sticks
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#68MilenninPosted 1/4/2013 8:44:51 AM(edited)
Why do you feel sorry for Nintendo when they themselves decided to develop a console that's barely better than the previous gen while Sony and Microsoft were developing their consoles way beyond the power of Wii?
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#69Tsutarja495Posted 1/4/2013 8:43:15 AM
Since I don't have Sony or Microsoft systems, and my PC isn't used for gaming, I never played any of those. But it doesn't bother me, as I had my Nintendo games.
#70MilenninPosted 1/4/2013 8:44:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]