Getting a Wii U used will let you download the previous user's content

#11StickMen1090Posted 1/4/2013 7:43:00 AM
zetsuclone posted...
lol this console seems like more and more of a joke each day. Why did you people buy this thing again? tablet controller? mario rehash?

why do people like you bother commenting?
#12Reznik00Posted 1/4/2013 9:24:02 AM
Why has this topic been posted 4 times today? Each time the answer is given, the idiot who had the console failed to read up on how....you know what, nevermind...this cesspool is growing too large. You'd think the mods would stop multiple same-topic posts and redirect them to the original.
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!
#13squatch22Posted 1/4/2013 9:25:05 AM
Reznik00 posted...
Why has this topic been posted 4 times today? Each time the answer is given, the idiot who had the console failed to read up on how....you know what, nevermind...this cesspool is growing too large. You'd think the mods would stop multiple same-topic posts and redirect them to the original.

Itll be posted at least 2 more times by various trolls.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#14NyyarkPosted 1/4/2013 9:25:40 AM
Can you do this on the 360 if you sell it and don't delete anything and someone signs into your live account and downloads your stuff?
#15Petey_MeanisPosted 1/4/2013 9:28:43 AM
all eShop activity gets deleted when you deactivate the NNID correctly. The guy at neogaf is either lying or he did it wrong. In the system settings there's an option to "delete all content and settings" and it clearly says that it doesn't get rid of eShop activity, it's just a basic system format. I'm guessing the previous owner or the guy at neogaf only used this option.

Step by step instructions on deactivating a Nintendo Network Account.

Important Note!

Deactivating a Nintendo Network Account will also delete the following information associated to the account: Nintendo eShop activity and balance, Friend List, Miiverse activity, and registered e-mail address.

Deactivated accounts cannot be restored.

The username associated to a deactivated Nintendo Network Account cannot be reused to create a new Nintendo Network Account.

On the Wii U Menu, access the User Settings for the Mii you want to delete.
(How To)

Tap "Delete User."

If prompted, enter the four-digit PIN and select "OK."

Select "Next" to agree to delete the save data associated with the user.

Select "Delete ID."

Deleted Nintendo Network Accounts cannot be recovered.

Enter the password for the Nintendo Network Account.

Select "Delete" to confirm deletion of the user and associated Nintendo Network Account.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/account_your_account.jsp

---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#16rockyminPosted 1/4/2013 9:36:28 AM
StickMen1090 posted...
zetsuclone posted...
lol this console seems like more and more of a joke each day. Why did you people buy this thing again? tablet controller? mario rehash?

why do people like you bother responding?
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#17DarkAdonis123Posted 1/4/2013 9:44:06 AM
I had a feeling this would be the case. Now it's been confirmed.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#18Rasputin77Posted 1/4/2013 9:50:02 AM(edited)
I honestly don't care about this news. Watching people react is waaaaaay better than any faux concern I might muster up.

StickMen1090 posted...
zetsuclone posted...

Because it's a public message board. Does the meaning of that word honestly still escape certain people? Zetsu, MY answer is a) local multiplayer, and b) future exclusives. I don't think you're getting a straight response from Stick, though... probably off to post in another kyomagi thread. ;)

squatch22 posted...
Itll be posted at least 2 more times by various trolls.

Because ONLY trolls post negative articles. Squatch logic. Quick, someone spill a box of toothpicks to distract him.
---
Fun game: Find a Wii U thread on GameFAQs where the word "troll" isn't typed by post #10. Good luck.
"TL;DR" = My parents; failed me.
#19thundercat2600Posted 1/4/2013 9:47:43 AM
Digital downloads tied to the physical hardware, not the user's account, confirmed.

Sucks for anybody who has a system die. I will never buy downloadable anything from Nintendo until they finally join the 21st century.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#20tizzywilkillyouPosted 1/4/2013 9:55:52 AM
40Dribylf posted...
It's tied to your account on the PS3 and 360, not the console.

I'm not sure about the 360 (which is funny because that's my main console), but the PS3 used to let up to 6 accounts share the same content, but now they lowered it to 2.

But if you wipe your account from the console, you can't do it.

The Wii U, regardless if you delete your account or not, will let other people download your stuff.

It's just so sloppy, damn.

How will it let them redownload your stuff if they don't know your NNID and/or password?
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050