Why is Miiverse such a big deal here?

#1Argh4430Posted 1/4/2013 9:02:53 AM
It just seems like a Swapnote/Forum combination, where you can post while playing a game. Where's the oomph people gush about that i'm missing?
#2SexPantherPandaPosted 1/4/2013 9:04:31 AM
Fanboys gonna fan.
#3Reznik00Posted 1/4/2013 9:09:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Rasputin77Posted 1/4/2013 9:14:20 AM
It's a big deal to coddled brats who only want to view the world through blinders, and have what they read pre-screened for them. Nobody else.
---
Fun game: Find a Wii U thread on GameFAQs where the word "troll" isn't typed by post #10. Good luck.
"TL;DR" = My parents; failed me.
#5gamewhooper181Posted 1/4/2013 9:17:10 AM(edited)
It's a massive message board where gamers can come together to post their artistic drawings, ask questions or seek tips about certain games, and show everybody their accomplishments.

Can't find a hidden Star Coin in a certain level in NSMBU? Post on Miiverse and you'll likely have a response within minutes. No need to pull up GameFAQs.

Just got a Gold Medal in a tough NSMBU Challenge? Post a screenshot of that on Miiverse for everybody to see. Unlike trophies or achievements, these aren't just shown to your friends, they're shown to everybody on that message board at that time.

Are you good at art and like to draw? Post your gaming-related drawings for thousands to see. There's so many artistic people on Miiverse.

Do you like what certain users are posting? You can "Follow" them similar to how you do so on Twitter. I'm currently following Shu Yoshida, the lead designer of NSMBU, one of the creators of Little Inferno, Peer from IGN, Jeremy Parish from 1UP, Jim Sterling from Destructoid, etc.

Also, the absolute best thing about Miiverse is that you need to have a NNID to post, and there's also a box that is checked that shows everybody, when you post, if you own the game you're posting about. It really cuts down on the unnecessary trolling.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#6Warp_ZonePosted 1/4/2013 9:19:31 AM
The oomph is that you can talk to people about games without everyone trying to rip you to shreds over your opinion. That's a big plus. Also, everything gamewhooper said.

That said, it's true that it's not a complete revolution or anything, and not entirely new. But it's certainly a great feature.
---
Currently playing: Sticker Star, NSMBU
#7Argh4430(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 9:31:51 AM
Yeah, I thought it was neat, nothing more. When I was on the 3DS board, a lot of people kept talking about Miiverse and getting hyped-up about it. Admittedly, it got me hyped-up for it too, despite not knowing what Miiverse actually is. Then I get the Wii U and tried out Miiverse, and it's just a forum. Though I do like the speed people "yeah" and comment. And sometimes the boards on GFaqs make me want to bang my head against the wall, I only had one dumb comment on Miiverse trying to troll me (though i've been using it for just two weeks so far).
#8DTY3Posted 1/4/2013 9:33:19 AM
Because there is less BS there and more actual game discussion.

However haters will chalk it up to
"LOL BCUZ THEY FANBOYS"
or
"LOL BUBBLE".
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#9gamewhooper181Posted 1/4/2013 9:39:10 AM
Argh4430 posted...
Yeah, I thought it was neat, nothing more. When I was on the 3DS board, a lot of people kept talking about Miiverse and getting hyped-up about it. Admittedly, it got me hyped-up for it too, despite not knowing what Miiverse actually is. Then I get the Wii U and tried out Miiverse, and it's just a forum. Though I do like the speed people "yeah" and comment. And sometimes the boards on GFaqs make me want to bang my head against the wall, I only had one dumb comment on Miiverse trying to troll me (though i've been using it for just two weeks so far).

Thinking of it as "just" a forum is a bit of a disservice. Think of Twitter, Facebook, SwapNote/Flipnote Studio, and achievements/trophies at their most basic and all rolled into one.

Hell, Nintendo TVii allows me to post to Miiverse about the Fiesta Bowl and other people can post about their thoughts on a certain play as well.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#10GloryChaosPosted 1/4/2013 9:40:40 AM
I don't see a lot of miiverse discussion but that might just be me.

It basically is a swap note/forum fusion. You're right. I use it for to see good art, and actually talk about video games. And unlike gamefaqs and certain other forums, you don't get modded when you enter a community for a certain game and say that you don't like it. You'll probably get discussion out of your posts.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png