Can I use an External USB Drive with a Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can I use an External USB Drive with a Wii U?

User Info: backguard222

backguard222
4 years ago#1
Are there any drawbacks to doing so? Performance hits? Needing to transfer games to play them or can they be played off the external drive? Copy protection issues? Others?

User Info: stekim40

stekim40
4 years ago#2
Using the search tool will answer all your questions here.
Playing: Xcom:EU, PC Minecraft, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
4 years ago#3
Up to 2tb hard drives work. Powered or usb powered. No performance changes and it plays straight from hdd.
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
4 years ago#4
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Wii-U/Storage/Compatible-USB-storage-devices/Compatible-USB-storage-devices-676063.html

backguard222
4 years ago#5
Cool - well not as much of a point of getting the premium bundle even though it is still a much better deal.

User Info: Giygasminion

Giygasminion
4 years ago#6
backguard222 posted...
Cool - well not as much of a point of getting the premium bundle even though it is still a much better deal.

Nintendo Land and 10% rebate on all downloads makes it well worth it, IMO.
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89

User Info: Reznik00

Reznik00
4 years ago#7
backguard222 posted...

I didn't find one thing in the premium to be worth the extra $50, but to each his own. Hope you enjoy the console.
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!

backguard222
4 years ago#8
backguard222 posted...

I didn't find one thing in the premium to be worth the extra $50, but to each his own. Hope you enjoy the console.

Not even the charger? I didn't care about NL but it is a bonus. The charger almost seems like a necessity?

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
4 years ago#9
The color alone makes it well worth it imo. lol. That's the main reason I bought the Premium Pack.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can I use an External USB Drive with a Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived