Did the Wii win last gen in terms of best exclusives?

#211SideshowBob311Posted 1/4/2013 8:53:44 PM
The Wii had Nintendo exclusives

The PS3 had original, diverse exclusives

The 360 had a small number of crap exclusives.
---
"Whether or not you can handle it, you have just heard another statement of the TRUTH."
[WoT] - [Evil Republican]
#212LoveFreakFlonnePosted 1/4/2013 9:29:36 PM
I'm confused on your idea of exclusives...

Monster Hunter, Tales of Graces, Tales of Vesparia not exclusives... sure there are more listed there that aren't.
---
I'm just a dirty little pop song, that keeps running through your brain. And even though you know its so wrong you're gonna love going insane.
#213NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 9:32:59 PM
LoveFreakFlonne posted...
I'm confused on your idea of exclusives...

Monster Hunter, Tales of Graces, Tales of Vesparia not exclusives... sure there are more listed there that aren't.

Unless you can read japanese and have your console modded...
#214TheArcadePosted 1/4/2013 10:03:18 PM
Where's the XBLA love? This poll is rather biased.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#215SpongeBob_SPPosted 1/4/2013 10:21:16 PM
I, personally, had the most fun with Nintendo's first party games. The PS3 had a few that I really enjoyed, like Uncharted 2 and the Ratchet Future games, but as a whole their exclusives didn't really keep my interest.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is one of my favorite games from that Gen, and DKCR was phenomenal. Not to mention, both Galaxies were amazing.

As for Xbox; I enjoyed beating Halo 3+4 on Legendary, but the multiplayer infuriates me. Gears is a series that looks much less interesting today than it did a few years ago, too. Alan Wake was fantastic, though.
#216TerotrousPosted 1/4/2013 10:31:14 PM(edited)
DTY3 posted...
Actuallyif DS counts, I'd pick that.

One of the greatest systems and the greatest handheld of all time currently.

I don't think DS beats Wii. It has more exclusives total, but it definitely has fewer top quality exclusives. After about 5-7 games there's a pretty significant quality dropoff, especially if we don't allow Japanese games.

The fact that 3DS stole Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor and that the first 3 Phoenix Wright games are also on GBA and Wii also really hurts.

You're welcome to try to make the top 20 list for this system if you disagree, but I suspect if you compare it to the Wii's list it'll be a slaughterhouse.

SideshowBob311 posted...
The Wii had Nintendo exclusives

The PS3 had original, diverse exclusives

The 360 had a small number of crap exclusives.

The Wii has dozens and dozens of third-party exclusives as well. If anything, it's PS3 where the exclusives are predominantly first-party.

It's also been mentioned like a hundred times that the TC's list is crap. I pointed that out on page one.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#217NoJobBob(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 10:35:39 PM
TheArcade posted...
Where's the XBLA love? This poll is rather biased.

Well what do you think I missed?
#218SegavsCapcomPosted 1/4/2013 10:57:25 PM
Heck to the no.
The Wii had some awesome games, but the PS3 crushes it in terms of good exclusives.
I'd take Ratchet and Clank over Mario any day.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#219jastenPosted 1/4/2013 11:01:46 PM
Not even close... Wii is behind even the 360 in that. Maybe even the original Xbox. Tired 1st party exclusives and a lack of support from third party devs made the wii a barren waste land of games.

To think we went from the Gamecube to the joke of a toy in the Wii. What the hell happened Nintendo?!
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#220TerotrousPosted 1/4/2013 11:09:30 PM
I guess I'll attempt to do DS top 20 myself because I'm bored:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky
Pokemon BW2
Retro Game Challenge
Rune Factory 3
Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Fossil Fighters Champions
Megaman ZX Advent
Kirby Canvas Curse
Dragon Quest 9
Okamiden

Bleach: The Blade of Fate
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Elite Beat Agents
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
Advance Wars Days of Ruin

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Mario Kart DS
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Custom Robo Arena

Yeah, this is nowhere close to Wii or PS3. For one thing, the variety is way less. DS totally sucks at a lot of major genres, like racing, sports, 3D platformer, etc. A huge portion of its best games are also either ports of good games or remakes of good games, and either way they are ineligible. Most of the games it has here compare badly against Wii exclusives that don't even make the top 20, like Mario Kart DS vs Mario Kart Wii and Elite Beat Agents vs Rhythm Heaven Fever for example. DS simply has no other good racing games to put here.

I'm sure someone will complain that I left out Radiant Historia / TWEWY, but I honestly don't feel either deserves to be here. Even if you do, it changes nothing. The list is still mostly RPGs and Xenoblade walks over all of them pretty easily.

If DS was allowed to use its Japanese games, it would do better, simply putting Jump Ultimate Stars and Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier Exceed makes this list look a fair bit better.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery