Did the Wii win last gen in terms of best exclusives?

#231sonicfanaticjtbPosted 1/4/2013 11:16:44 PM
Terotrous posted...
I guess I'll attempt to do DS top 20 myself because I'm bored:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky
Pokemon BW2
Retro Game Challenge
Rune Factory 3
Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Fossil Fighters Champions
Megaman ZX Advent
Kirby Canvas Curse
Dragon Quest 9
Okamiden

Bleach: The Blade of Fate
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Elite Beat Agents
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
Advance Wars Days of Ruin

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Mario Kart DS
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Custom Robo Arena

Yeah, this is nowhere close to Wii or PS3. For one thing, the variety is way less. DS totally sucks at a lot of major genres, like racing, sports, 3D platformer, etc. A huge portion of its best games are also either ports of good games or remakes of good games, and either way they are ineligible. Most of the games it has here compare badly against Wii exclusives that don't even make the top 20, like Mario Kart DS vs Mario Kart Wii and Elite Beat Agents vs Rhythm Heaven Fever for example. DS simply has no other good racing games to put here.

I'm sure someone will complain that I left out Radiant Historia / TWEWY, but I honestly don't feel either deserves to be here. Even if you do, it changes nothing. The list is still mostly RPGs and Xenoblade walks over all of them pretty easily.

If DS was allowed to use its Japanese games, it would do better, simply putting Jump Ultimate Stars and Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier Exceed makes this list look a fair bit better.

No Ghost Trick, Apollo Justice (the other Ace Attorney's are ineligible do to being GBA ports, correct? ), Ace Attorney Investigations, Super Princess Peach, or 4th gen Pokémanz?

Why?
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#232MasterPokerPosted 1/4/2013 11:20:21 PM
super_luigi16 posted...
I find it funny how games like...

Terotrous posted...
Super Swing Golf
Skate It
Pandora's Tower

made it into your Top 20 over games like...

Terotrous posted...
Mario Kart Wii
Fortune Street
Wii Sports Resort

In terms of depth, ExciteBots > MK: Wii. Yeah, I played MK:W a lot more due to how laid back it was, but ExciteBots had much better polish/depth. Except nobody bought it.

Fortune Street is a worse Culdcept. And I'm not even sure if you can call it an exclusive, given that Itadaki Street DS exists.

Go Vacation > Wii Sports Resort by a lot. If you don't believe me, try renting it sometime. One of the rare "shovelware" games that really isn't.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#233genlockPosted 1/4/2013 11:22:45 PM
I really enjoyed the Wii, but not even close on exclusives, sorry. PS3, which seems universally hated for that.
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#234Roo82Posted 1/4/2013 11:31:49 PM
skypunch posted...
Xenoblade Chronicles, in my opinion, stole the show. Monolith Soft truly brought something new and fresh to the table with Xenoblade. Such a classic game!

Oh yes!
#235Kirbyiscool19Posted 1/4/2013 11:38:02 PM
Voted Wii because it has all the amazing 1st party titles, (favs being Smash Bros., Kirby's Epic Yarn and Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, all of which I love dearly), and some pretty rocking third party games like Trauma Center series and Muramasa, and especially Xenoblade.

Oh man I love Xenoblade :)

Nintendo tends to make good quality stuff consistently, no matter how much people bash the company.

I don't own a PS3, but none of the exclusives really popped out at me and said "Hey! Buy a PS3!"
---
>>>>>HI EVERYONE<<<<<
GT:Kirbyiscool19
#236fhsfootball74Posted 1/4/2013 11:39:42 PM
Kirbyiscool19 posted...
Voted Wii because it has all the amazing 1st party titles, (favs being Smash Bros., Kirby's Epic Yarn and Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, all of which I love dearly), and some pretty rocking third party games like Trauma Center series and Muramasa, and especially Xenoblade.

Nintendo tends to make good quality stuff consistently, no matter how much people bash the company.

I don't own a PS3, but none of the exclusives really popped out at me and said "Hey! Buy a PS3!"

Consoles talk to you? What do they say?
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#237Tsutarja495Posted 1/4/2013 11:40:31 PM
Kirbyiscool19 posted...

Xenoblade is 1st party, not 3rd party. Nintendo owns Monolith Soft.
#238Wiiplayer111Posted 1/4/2013 11:41:26 PM
Wii=PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360 had exclusives?
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#239Doom_InfinitePosted 1/5/2013 4:00:56 AM
On the PS3 side TC forgot the soon to be released Ni no Kuni, Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls. All very likely to be among the best exclusive titles of this gen.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#240StealthlysPosted 1/5/2013 4:02:45 AM
IMO. PC>Wii>Ps3>xbox360.