Did the Wii win last gen in terms of best exclusives?

#261DemonDog666Posted 1/5/2013 3:15:17 PM(edited)
jasten posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
jasten posted...
PS3 ... suck compared to the 360 for online

Ha!

It's true. Cross game party support isn't there, the ease of game invites isn't there, and most games have better communities on the 360. I play on both and quite often, but it's easy to see that LIVE just outstrips the PSN right now. At least the PSN isn't the god awful nintendo offering for online... it amazes me they are still stuck back 10 years ago with their set up.

xbl edges out psn it doesn't outstrip it and not having to pay for online on psn is more then the few perks xbl does have and don't even get me started on the dashboard ads.
#262jastenPosted 1/5/2013 3:20:09 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
jasten posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
jasten posted...
PS3 ... suck compared to the 360 for online

Ha!

It's true. Cross game party support isn't there, the ease of game invites isn't there, and most games have better communities on the 360. I play on both and quite often, but it's easy to see that LIVE just outstrips the PSN right now. At least the PSN isn't the god awful nintendo offering for online... it amazes me they are still stuck back 10 years ago with their set up.

xbl edges out psn it doesn't outstrip it and not having to pay for online on psn is more then the few perks xbl does have and don't even get me started on the dashboard ads.

Cross game party is quite a big missing function... that alone is enough to say PSN is lacking in comparison. Is it as bad as the gap between the Wii and 360? Hell no. But it's still a massive step down in comparison.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#263DTY3Posted 1/5/2013 3:27:29 PM
Jesus Christ this is pathetic.

*wii is winning*
OMG FANBOYS BIAS

*ps3 is winning*

HAHAHA PS3 MUST BE REALLY GOOD IF IT BEAT THE BIAS
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#264squatch22Posted 1/5/2013 3:31:28 PM
DTY3 posted...
Jesus Christ this is pathetic.

*wii is winning*
OMG FANBOYS BIAS

*ps3 is winning*

HAHAHA PS3 MUST BE REALLY GOOD IF IT BEAT THE BIAS

lol This
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#265DemonDog666Posted 1/5/2013 3:54:39 PM
jasten posted...
Cross game party is quite a big missing function... that alone is enough to say PSN is lacking in comparison. Is it as bad as the gap between the Wii and 360? Hell no. But it's still a massive step down in comparison.

It's a step but not a massive one, and from a technical stand point doesn't even have anything to do with online. 360 OS has more RAM allocated to it, that's really all it is.
#266grandabxPosted 1/5/2013 4:13:55 PM(edited)
NoJobBob posted...
Xenoblade
Madworld
Punchout
New Super Bario Bros Wii
Galaxy 1 and 2
Little Kings Story
The last story
Mario Kart Wii
Zelda SS
DKCR
Paper Mario
Monster Hunter Tri
Brawl
MP3

PS3

Journey
MLB the show games
Valkyria Chronicles
GT5
God of War 3
Uncharted 1-3
Ratchet and Clank games
Killzone 3
Resistance games
Little Big Planet 1-2
Modnation racers
Demons Souls
Heavy Rain
MGS 4
Flower
PixelJunkMonsters
Tales of Graces F

Gears of war 1-3
Fable 2-3
Crackdown
Alan Wake
Shadow Complex
Lost Odyssey
Halo 3, ODST, 4
Forza games
Tales of Vesperia
Dead Rising

I think it comes down to ps3 and wii. 360 almost loses by default unless you're just obsessed with gears or halo

you forgot infamous, 3d dot game heros and disgaea 3-4, the unfinished swan, pixel juunk shooter and starhawk
#267DTY3Posted 1/5/2013 4:26:19 PM
Too many children on thisboard. Maybe Rasputin was right.

Too many little kids going "HAHAHA MY CONSOLE IS WINNING YOU STUPID FANBOYS!!!"

Anyway the only correct answers are Wii or PS3. Depends on your tastes.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#268IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/5/2013 6:16:58 PM
jasten posted...
squatch22 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I love how Sony actually won this poll (so far) on the Nintendo board. That's how much better the exclusives on the PS3 were, they could override the Nintendrone bias, lol/

I guess its how Nintendo usually win on other boards. This board is so full of Sony trolls, that the Nintendo fans go to other boards to escape.

There is a reason this board is known as Nintendfaqs around the internet... you do know that right?

I hate fanboys of each. I have all three systems. It's just objectively clear the Wii's library is sadly lacking in exclusives. Just like it's clear both the PS3 and the Wii suck compared to the 360 for online. It's called taking the fanboy glasses off and knowing what makes each system. Why the trolls for each system just can't be civil and intelligent... well, stupid question, people aren't civil or intelligent. Most people are worthless idiots...

I should probably stop coming to forums and just hit this place for the faqs...

Yep, well said. Don't expect squatch to reply though, guy is toxic.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#269TerotrousPosted 1/5/2013 8:21:15 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...
999? I've heard of it, but never played it... I'm more worried 'bout your omission of Ghost Trick and the other Ace Attorney games. They're quite good... Especially Ghost Trick... I mean, I dunno if I'd say it's better than Ace Attorney, but it's a damn good game all the same!

I don't think anyone thinks Apollo Justice is as good as the other Ace Attorney games. Miles Edgeworth is closer but 999 is probably the choice most will agree with. Of course, Hotel Dusk and Ghost Trick are other possibilities.

I don't care if it's redundant... If it's a good game, then it should be listed as such on the top 20... And DPP were really good games... My favorite gen 'Till White 2.

The thing is, if you list a lot of very similar games, particularly if one basically renders the other redundant, it makes it look like the system doesn't have a lot to offer. That's why it's usually just best to pick the best from a series rather than tossing them all up there.

Of course, Mystery Dungeon Sky does give Pokemon a second slot (and it's very hard to debate that it deserves it). I think that's probably enough.

I haven't played those other games... I just know that Super Princess Peach was a really good game and needs more recognition...

It is better than you might think and I'd certainly list it before NSMB DS. I just don't see anything else on the list I'd drop for it, particularly if I have to drop something for 999.

Also, I'm pretty surprised this poll got over 1000 unique votes. That's a lot of votes for a poll.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#270sonicfanaticjtbPosted 1/5/2013 8:54:34 PM
Actually... Call me crazy, but Apollo Justice is on par with Trials and Tribulations for me, and Investigations is a great game as well. And Ghost Trick is almost on a different level for me... I mean, I liked Ace Attorney more, but Ghost Trick just felt so unique to me. I'm not to big on Hotel Dusk, though...

What exactly is 999, though?

Also, you're probably right, there... I'd probably have listed it as simply, "pokémon main series" though since they're all top games.

Also, what 'bout Kirby Super Star Ultra? It's a remake, so...
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?