Did the Wii win last gen in terms of best exclusives?

#31DTY3Posted 1/4/2013 12:47:50 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

I say it's ridiculous to rank any of the consoles. So I won't say any console is the best, but Wii did get too much hate.

world of goo was an ios port
Um...Wii version=2008
iOS version=2010
Time Travel. Of course!

cave story is a nes or snes port

>cave story is a nes or snes port

Jesus please help this child.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#32DemonDog666Posted 1/4/2013 12:51:34 PM
DTY3 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

I say it's ridiculous to rank any of the consoles. So I won't say any console is the best, but Wii did get too much hate.

Um...Wii version=2008
iOS version=2010
Time Travel. Of course!

They still aren't exclusive lol.
#33NeojianXPosted 1/4/2013 12:55:42 PM(edited)
The launch ones lasted a lot longer than launch PS3s and much, much longer than the launch X360s. What good are great games if the system you are playing them on, no longer works. Some people have actually paid well over $2,000.00 to continue to play that X360 game and get all of their $50.00 worth of XBL. XD
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#34squatch22Posted 1/4/2013 12:54:40 PM
DTY3 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Um...Wii version=2008
iOS version=2010
Time Travel. Of course!

Well, it is Doggy
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#35CyricsServantPosted 1/4/2013 12:58:03 PM(edited)
Hell no, the Wii didn't win . . . though it did well enough, I suppose.

The PS3 won because it got Valkyria Chronicles, Infamous 1 + 2, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, and Heavy Rain. That's all there is to it. The only Wii exclusives I'd even put in the same league as those games are Little King Story (which got ported), LoZ: SS, and SMG2.

However, the Wii did have some very nice gems for those who went looking for them. Zack & Wiki, Fragile Dreams, No More Heroes 2, Klonoa remake, A Boy and his Blob reboot . . . unfortunately, no one bought them so the Wii mostly got flooded with crap.

How many shovelware exclusives did Ubisoft release on the Wii? 100? 200? 300? I honestly don't know, all I know is that whenever I walk into a game store the Wii wall is overflowing with cheaply made game show sims, Petz games, mini-game comps, and Imagine: Party Babies . . . all or most of which have that vile Ubisoft logo imprinted on them.
#36DemonDog666Posted 1/4/2013 1:02:04 PM
CyricsServant posted...

The PS3 won because it got Valkyria Chronicles, Infamous 1 + 2, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, and Heavy Rain. That's all there is to it. The only Wii exclusives I'd even put in the same league as those games are Little King Story (which got ported), LoZ: SS, and SMG2.

However, the Wii did have some very nice gems for those who went looking for them. Zack & Wiki, Fragile Dreams, No More Heroes 2, Klonoa remake, A Boy and his Blob reboot . . . unfortunately, no one bought them so the Wii mostly got flooded with crap.

How many shovelware exclusives did Ubisoft release on the Wii? 100? 200? 300? I honestly don't know, all I know is that whenever I walk into a game store the Wii wall is overflowing with cheaply made game show sims, Petz games, mini-game comps, and Imagine: Party Babies . . . all or most of which have that vile Ubisoft logo imprinted on them.

No more heroes was ported and wasn't received well on ps3, I really don't think it's that good of a game, playing the ps3 demo, story seemed fun though. Also little king story wasn't ported the vita one is a sequel.
#37drothegreat0nePosted 1/4/2013 1:03:04 PM
You are ignoring 10 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

So beautiful.
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
Xbox Live - PeterTheGreat01
#38CyricsServantPosted 1/4/2013 1:09:34 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
CyricsServant posted...

No more heroes was ported and wasn't received well on ps3, I really don't think it's that good of a game, playing the ps3 demo, story seemed fun though. Also little king story wasn't ported the vita one is a sequel.

I know the original NMH got ported, but I honestly can't imagine playing it with a standard controller. On the Wii version, the devs implemented several motion control gimmicks like shaking the Wiimote to recharge your light saber . . . and they all worked quite well, surprisingly. Also, while the sequel's bosses were more hit or miss, the game was streamlined in all the right ways. The mini-games were actually fun and engaging.

Honestly though, it's a game series I love more for its style than its gameplay.

As for LKS . . . that's interesting. It almost makes me want to buy a Vita because the ending to LKS had a really interesting cliffhanger.
#39El_ZaggyPosted 1/4/2013 1:14:00 PM
its funny to see people doing insane research over the intenet about wii's exclusive and not doing it for other consoles. I mean you can easily double the amount of games for the other 2 consoles but presnting only the wii part is somewhat important to them because it remove the free will when you read it but yea its pretty much illusions.
#40DTY3Posted 1/4/2013 1:16:54 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
its funny to see people doing insane research over the intenet about wii's exclusive and not doing it for other consoles. I mean you can easily double the amount of games for the other 2 consoles but presnting only the wii part is somewhat important to them because it remove the free will when you read it but yea its pretty much illusions.

...implying anyone is doing any researching...
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.