Did the Wii win last gen in terms of best exclusives?

#41anon_firePosted 1/4/2013 1:17:08 PM
You forgot Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time
#42TerotrousPosted 1/4/2013 1:21:16 PM
Okay, I'm willing to revise the count to 5x the other systems, Wii loses slightly more of its games to PS2 and PSP than I thought. I can only get as far as 70 without including something that would hurt my personal integrity.

A Boy and His Blob
Arc Rise Fantasia
Another Code R
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Battalion Wars 2

Blast Works
Boom Blox
Boom Blox Bash Party
de Blob
Deadly Creatures

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Elebits
Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean: Blue World
Epic Mickey

Excite Truck
Excitebots
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
Fishing Resort

Fortune Street
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Go Vacation
Inazuma Eleven Strikers
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kororinpa: Marble Mania
Kororinpa: Marble Saga
Lost in Shadow
Madworld

Mario Kart Wii
Mario Sports Mix
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
No More Heroes 2
Opoona
Pandora's Tower
Punch-Out!

Rabbids Go Home
Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party
Red Steel 2
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Rune Factory Frontier

Shaun White Skateboarding
Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage
Shiren the Wanderer
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor

Skate It
Sonic Colors
Spectrobes Origins
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Swing Golf
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
The Conduit 2

The Kore Gang
The Last Story
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Munchables
Trauma Team

Wario Land: Shake It!
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Xenoblade
Zack and Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

No doubt, you can name 30 more exclusives from Wiiware or Japanese games, but as the other consoles can do that as well the 5x figure is probably more reasonable. You'll still find it very hard to make a list anywhere near this long for the other systems without padding it out much more than is done here.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#43AsuirPosted 1/4/2013 1:21:44 PM
Yes?! What?!
---
Ftw!
#44DarkAdonis123Posted 1/4/2013 1:25:20 PM
This board couldn't be any more biased. The result of the poll makes it painfully clear. I'm a Wii and Wii U owner, but I'd never say something as ridiculous as the Wii won with better exclusives.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#45CyricsServantPosted 1/4/2013 1:25:53 PM
Terotrous posted...
No doubt, you can name 30 more exclusives from Wiiware or Japanese games, but as the other consoles can do that as well the 5x figure is probably more reasonable. You'll still find it very hard to make a list anywhere near this long for the other systems without padding it out much more than is done here.

With games like Deadly Creatures and the Conduit 2 making the cut, I'm fairly confident I could produce a PS3 list that's comparable in length and quality.

While I like the 360, that would be much more difficult . . . and probably impossible ignoring PC games.
#46TerotrousPosted 1/4/2013 1:53:34 PM(edited)
CyricsServant posted...
With games like Deadly Creatures and the Conduit 2 making the cut, I'm fairly confident I could produce a PS3 list that's comparable in length and quality.

By all means give it a shot, but it's harder than it looks. Particularly if you disallow "regional exclusives", as I did, which means things like Tales of Graces F are not eligible because the Wii has it in Japan (Wii loses several titles like Castle of Shikigami 3 and Muramasa: The Demon Blade to this).

There's also a couple Wii games I specifically avoided, like Super Paper Mario, as I feel that game is godawful, though the common consensus might be that it's better than Deadly Creatures. I feel that that list really is not padded very much.

It also goes to show that it's not the case that Wii has "no multiplats". There are at least 50 good multiplats in addition to the stuff on that list. Obviously Wii is not the king of multiplatform titles by any stretch but it does have more than you'd think. It also means you can make a top 100 games for Wii list easily, it's not a system that has "3 games" as many morons are prone to suggest.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#47DemonDog666Posted 1/4/2013 1:54:49 PM
Terotrous posted...
Okay, I'm willing to revise the count to 5x the other systems, Wii loses slightly more of its games to PS2 and PSP than I thought. I can only get as far as 70 without including something that would hurt my personal integrity.

What personal integrity lol, that is not a list of good exclusives, it is a list of exclusives though I'll give you that.

I'd put every exclusive the other systems have and it wouldn't be padding it as much lol, okay the kinect games on 360 would be too far but those are it.
#48bleedingelitePosted 1/4/2013 1:58:09 PM
As somebody who didn't own a wii, but who is now playing wii games on the Wii U, I say that yes, the Wii has the best exclusives. The ps3 was a huge disappointment. Xbox is great because of its multiplats.
#49squatch22Posted 1/4/2013 1:58:25 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Terotrous posted...

What personal integrity lol, that is not a list of good exclusives, it is a list of exclusives though I'll give you that.

I'd put every exclusive the other systems have and it wouldn't be padding it as much lol, okay the kinect games on 360 would be too far but those are it.

Ur opinion is wrong Doggy
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5021_21Posted 1/4/2013 2:03:05 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
I would say it's Tied with the PS3, though I enjoyed the Wii Exclusives more, I can see why people would enjoy some of the PS3 exclusives.

The Only thing the 360 has going for it is Shadow Complex and Lost Odyssey

Don't forget Tales of Vesperia. At least outside of Japan, that is.

Anyway, I think PS 3 was the best. Uncharted 2 and 3 alone makes me think Sony wiped the dust with Nintendo imo.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited