Did the Wii win last gen in terms of best exclusives?

#51TerotrousPosted 1/4/2013 1:08:01 PM
21_21 posted...
Anyway, I think PS 3 was the best. Uncharted 2 and 3 alone makes me think Sony wiped the dust with Nintendo imo.

Wii has enough top quality exclusives that it's fairly well protected from the "quality over quantity" argument. Even if you want to limit this to, say, top 10 or top 20, Wii isn't at any significant disadvantage.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#52DemonDog666Posted 1/4/2013 1:09:41 PM
Terotrous posted...
21_21 posted...
Anyway, I think PS 3 was the best. Uncharted 2 and 3 alone makes me think Sony wiped the dust with Nintendo imo.

Wii has enough top quality exclusives that it's fairly well protected from the "quality over quantity" argument. Even if you want to limit this to, say, top 10 or top 20, Wii isn't at any significant disadvantage.

Top 20 wii is definitely at a distinct disadvantage, top 10 it might be able to scrap through and look decent though.
#53IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/4/2013 1:10:39 PM
PS3 easily won last gen with exclusives, Wii was not even close.
#54BigAl519Posted 1/4/2013 1:16:13 PM
GT5, God of War and Resistance were the only PS3 exclusives I cared for.I played Gears a lot with friends but never cared for Halo or anything else exclusive to the 360. The Wii just had much better names behind it with much higher fun factors. I could care less about a game just because it looks pretty which seems to be the only selling point for games such as Halo. Take the looks away and it really offers nothing that you cant get in other FPS games.
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#55TerotrousPosted 1/4/2013 1:19:52 PM(edited)
I'd choose this as the top 20 exclusives for Wii:

Xenoblade
Excitebots
Kirby Returns to Dream Land
Shaun White Road Trip
Donkey Kong Country Returns

The Last Story
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Sin and Punishment 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Super Swing Golf
Skate It
Pandora's Tower
Elebits
Punch-Out

De Blob
Sonic Colors
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Skyward Sword
Mario Strikers Charged

That's actually so solid I'm quite skeptical PS3 can even match that.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#56IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/4/2013 1:19:56 PM

Xenoblade
Excitebots
Shaun White Road Trip

The Last Story
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Sin and Punishment 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Super Swing Golf
Skate It
Pandora's Tower
Elebits
Rune Factory Frontier

De Blob
Sonic Colors
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Skyward Sword
Mario Strikers Charged

Notsureifserious.gif
#57EndgamePosted 1/4/2013 1:20:01 PM
no, PS3 and 360 sucked equally, while Wii sucked even harder, where's the poll option to reflect THAT?!

Wii had Super Mario Galaxy, best game this entire horrible generation, yes, but Nintendo descended into pure suck shortly afterwards, producing abominations such as Radiant Dawn, Other M, Skyward Sword, and Brawl, which more than cancel out SMG's goodness

so yeah, Wii was the worst
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#58DTY3Posted 1/4/2013 1:21:01 PM(edited)
^You can pick MUCH better games than that.
Props for including Mario Strikers Charged though. Easily the best Mario Sports game and the most daring a Mario game has ever gotten.

EDIT: THat was directed at the guy with the list, obviously.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#59DarkAdonis123Posted 1/4/2013 1:21:54 PM
Terotrous posted...

Xenoblade
Excitebots
Shaun White Road Trip

The Last Story
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Sin and Punishment 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Super Swing Golf
Skate It
Pandora's Tower
Elebits
Punch-Out

De Blob
Sonic Colors
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Skyward Sword
Mario Strikers Charged

I lol'd. I admit it, I did.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#60bleedingelitePosted 1/4/2013 1:34:34 PM
I bought my PS3 because of the exclusives. I kept hearing about how great Uncharted 2 was. I'd never played a God of War game, and people were like "the new one will blow your mind!" Heavy Rain was the defining "cinematic experience!" Little Big Planet was supposed to be the ultimate creative gaming tool!

Well, 2 hours into Uncharted, I was too bored to bother with it anymore.
God of War turned out to be a much worse Ninja Gaiden, with dull combat and too many QTEs.
Heavy Rain was a bad movie where I had to press square to scratch my butt every so often.
LBP was a floaty platformer where the best parts were fan-made recreations of other games.

I ended up going weeks, sometimes months, without even turning the thing on. And every time I did, there was another system update to deal with. There were gems here and there like Yakuza 3, but for the most part I was better off just playing the really good multiplats on xbox and pc.

Overall, I'd say PS3 is the worst console I've ever owned.

These Wii games that I'm playing now, I'm having a lot of fun with them. I feel like kind of a moron for skipping out on Nintendo for the past 2 generations, but I'm also happy that I have this huge bank of games to play now.