Did the Wii win last gen in terms of best exclusives?

#71DemonDog666Posted 1/4/2013 1:42:44 PM
bleedingelite posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
bleedingelite posted...
I bought my PS3 because of the exclusives. I kept hearing about how great Uncharted 2 was. I'd never played a God of War game, and people were like "the new one will blow your mind!" Heavy Rain was the defining "cinematic experience!" Little Big Planet was supposed to be the ultimate creative gaming tool!

Well, 2 hours into Uncharted, I was too bored to bother with it anymore.
God of War turned out to be a much worse Ninja Gaiden, with dull combat and too many QTEs.
Heavy Rain was a bad movie where I had to press square to scratch my butt every so often.
LBP was a floaty platformer where the best parts were fan-made recreations of other games.

I ended up going weeks, sometimes months, without even turning the thing on. And every time I did, there was another system update to deal with. There were gems here and there like Yakuza 3, but for the most part I was better off just playing the really good multiplats on xbox and pc.

Overall, I'd say PS3 is the worst console I've ever owned.

These Wii games that I'm playing now, I'm having a lot of fun with them. I feel like kind of a moron for skipping out on Nintendo for the past 2 generations, but I'm also happy that I have this huge bank of games to play now.

You not knowing what types of games you like doesn't make ps3 a bad console.

Well, I like good games. Not bad games that are dressed up with big budgets and good marketing.

Then you should of bought folklore, Twisted Metal, MAG, Yakuza 3, pixel junk games, Demon Souls, Valkyria chronicles, MotorStorm, team ICO and sly collections, starhawk ect.
#72squatch22Posted 1/4/2013 1:43:02 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
By avoiding sequels I meant uncharted, uncharted 2, uncharted 3 all listed. I could of phrased it better admittedly and recognizing better games makes me a fanboy?

Sadly., in the world of Squatch, yes :c

Best just to avoid replying to him and agitating him further.

Well, if even being slightly positive about Nintendo makes ppl ''Nintendrones'' in your eyes...

SenorHypocrisy
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#73IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/4/2013 1:44:16 PM
Folklore was such a good game. It's one of those good games where if it was on the Wii they wouldn't be able to stop talking about it but on the PS3 it is overlooked because there are simply even more good RPGs.
#74squatch22Posted 1/4/2013 1:44:26 PM
MalkyeaImbak posted...
Sadly you ask this on a Wii U board so much bias

because there wouldnt be Sony bias on a Sony board...
---
#75bleedingelitePosted 1/4/2013 1:45:20 PM
MalkyeaImbak posted...

In reality PS3 has the best exclusives for that gen (I don't have a PS3 either)

I'm on 360 and our exclusives I played and love was tales of Vesperia and gears 1-3 (not a halo fan)

On wii the best exclusive imo was Smash Bros TvC and the 2 Zelda games. Mario Galaxy one was good but part 2 so overated

On PS3 Metal gear solid blows the competition out of the water.

yeah, I tried MGS 4 too. I got it for 11.99 used. I think I almost finished the first area, where you're fighting the mech things in the middle east. I just sort of lost interest and never played it again.

It makes me wonder if ps3 fanboys are brainwashed by some kind of subliminal marketing into thinking that these games are actually fun.
#76CptnStarFoxPosted 1/4/2013 1:45:35 PM
Mario Kart Wii and Zelda SS have unbelievable replay value. Still playing them till this day while many of my PS3 games are gathering dust.

It may be because my friends all have Wiis too, but who knows.
---
(Friend Code: 1247-2209-7226)(Foxx in Corneria)
#77IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/4/2013 1:48:52 PM
MalkyeaImbak posted...

I'm on 360 and our exclusives I played and love was tales of Vesperia and gears 1-3 (not a halo fan)

On wii the best exclusive imo was Smash Bros TvC and the 2 Zelda games. Mario Galaxy one was good but part 2 so overated

yeah, I tried MGS 4 too. I got it for 11.99 used. I think I almost finished the first area, where you're fighting the mech things in the middle east. I just sort of lost interest and never played it again.

It makes me wonder if ps3 fanboys are brainwashed by some kind of subliminal marketing into thinking that these games are actually fun.

Now watch as Squatch doesn't comment on this post since it's not about Nintendo fanboys.

lol
#78HungoverHero777Posted 1/4/2013 1:50:38 PM
DTY3 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

I say it's ridiculous to rank any of the consoles. So I won't say any console is the best, but Wii did get too much hate.

world of goo was an ios port
Um...Wii version=2008
iOS version=2010
Time Travel. Of course!

cave story is a nes or snes port

>cave story is a nes or snes port

Jesus please help this child.

I literally cracked up. There's just no way anyone could seriously be that ignorant.
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#79bleedingelitePosted 1/4/2013 1:51:18 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
MalkyeaImbak posted...

Now watch as Squatch doesn't comment on this post since it's not about Nintendo fanboys.

lol

I don't know what that means or why you're laughing out loud at it, but I just remembered you're that guy from yesterday who made that thread that ended up with like 200 posts of people making fun of you. Why are you back here?
#80squatch22Posted 1/4/2013 1:52:09 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
DTY3 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

I say it's ridiculous to rank any of the consoles. So I won't say any console is the best, but Wii did get too much hate.

world of goo was an ios port
Um...Wii version=2008
iOS version=2010
Time Travel. Of course!

cave story is a nes or snes port

Jesus please help this child.

I literally cracked up. There's just no way anyone could seriously be that ignorant.

Well, i said it before, that Doggy knows NOTHING about Nintendo or its games.
---