just sold my Wii U

#21NiftyManZPosted 1/4/2013 11:19:51 AM
I am just bored at work. Playing with trolls passes the time. Although the semantics of what a video game generation is is VERY important and not something to joke about.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#22Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/4/2013 11:20:24 AM
Paladinrja posted...
Jaredexe posted...
Foppe posted...
You start saving for the next gen already?

yea dude, it's gonna be amazing. they are talking dual i7 cpus, both at 3.6 quadcore. Also to have dual 2TB HDs. gonna be a beast

^This^ is 100% of the reason why PC gamers think console are moronic.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/03/16/farewell-to-directx/2

"On consoles, you can draw maybe 10,000 or 20,000 chunks of geometry in a frame, and you can do that at 30-60fps. On a PC, you can't typically draw more than 2-3,000 without getting into trouble with performance, and that's quite surprising - the PC can actually show you only a tenth of the performance if you need a separate batch for each draw call. "
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#23Jaredexe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:27:13 AM
NiftyManZ posted...
Jaredexe posted...
Foppe posted...
Jaredexe posted...
NiftyManZ posted...
Have fun in 7 years, I guess...

720 is in 2014

720 is current gen, not next gen...

no, its next gen. wii u isn't even 1080p

Lol. You're a funny one. With your false information and disillusioned definition of what a generation is.

look at the specs...
its on par with the previous generation making it NOT future generation. The next gen hasn't even started yet.
---
bdfdbdfbdfbdbdbdbswhrymm,,tuiy,m
jjrjrjegswvvsdvsdsvshetjtkyuk
#24P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/4/2013 11:28:48 AM
TC still doesn't get it
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
#25Jaredexe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:31:49 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
TC still doesn't get it

well then being the scholar that you are, what is the generation?
---
bdfdbdfbdfbdbdbdbswhrymm,,tuiy,m
jjrjrjegswvvsdvsdsvshetjtkyuk
#26FoppePosted 1/4/2013 11:33:29 AM
Jaredexe posted...

look at the specs...
its on par with the previous generation making it NOT future generation. The next gen hasn't even started yet.

A i5 1.7 GHz is faster than a P4 3.0 GHz.
Anyway, do you wanna place the Wii in the sixth generation together with PS2, Xbox and Gamecube, and putting the Wii U in the seventh generation with PS3 and Xbox 360?
So Nintendo is the only company that got two consoles in one generation...
Anyway, if powerful hardware is the only requirement for new generations, why didn't Xbox and NeoGeo start new generations?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#27Sharky8Posted 1/4/2013 11:36:02 AM
Poor people buying video games. Why must this continue?

Better save your $300 for the next console. It's $300!!! If you can't swipe your card for $300 and not worry about it, then you shouldn't be buying entertainment items to begin with. If $300 is a big deal to you, you should be saving your money for food, rent, insurance, emergency funds, NOT VIDEO GAMES.

Not to mention, you shouldn't have purchased the Wii U if you didn't know for sure you wanted it. That's what demos are for.
#28NiftyManZPosted 1/4/2013 11:37:55 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

That's what the general consensus on video game generations is.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#29P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/4/2013 11:38:15 AM
Jaredexe posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
TC still doesn't get it

well then being the scholar that you are, what is the generation?

Generation (gen-er-a-tion)
Noun

1 a : a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor (b : a group of individuals born and living contemporaneously (c : a group of individuals having contemporaneously a status (as that of students in a school) which each one holds only for a limited period

To put it simply, Generation is a measure of time, not power.

Gen6
--
PS2
GCN
Xbox

Gen7
--
Wii
Xbox360
PS3

Gen8
--
Wii U
Orbis
Durango
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
#30Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/4/2013 11:55:59 AM
Sharky8 posted...
Poor people buying video games. Why must this continue?

Better save your $300 for the next console. It's $300!!! If you can't swipe your card for $300 and not worry about it, then you shouldn't be buying entertainment items to begin with. If $300 is a big deal to you, you should be saving your money for food, rent, insurance, emergency funds, NOT VIDEO GAMES.

Not to mention, you shouldn't have purchased the Wii U if you didn't know for sure you wanted it. That's what demos are for.

That makes no sense, so by your logic unless you make 50k a year, you shouldn't buy video games

because $300 is a big deal unless you make around 50K a year when it starts to become easier to maintain savings in a bank without having to worry about $300, when you have car payments, mortgages and other items to pay for and then you want savings, you should at least put 25% of your income into savings or other investments.

Swiping your card is wasteful, sure you can do it with less but you're not responsible with money if you don't think about it because $300 is still a workable sum of money.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12