A power outage bricked my used Wii U with tons of e-shop purchases

#1LunaOrange20990Posted 1/4/2013 7:48:48 PM
What's next, will Nintendo not allow used sales of the new Pokemon game announced on January 8th?
#2lazycomplifePosted 1/4/2013 7:51:03 PM
Wow really
---
Yoshi is my BFF
#3geneticsftwPosted 1/4/2013 7:53:11 PM
Sweet, time to buy a used one.
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 1/4/2013 7:58:02 PM
The great prophet Patcher foresaw this happening soon after his A button fell off.
---
I like video games.
#5DTY3Posted 1/4/2013 8:00:40 PM
why is it every person who bricks their system is a "New User"?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#6tav19Posted 1/4/2013 8:10:51 PM
The thing that gets me is that the TC apparently didn't go out and pay like $10 to get a decent surge protector to use/plug in his Wii U.
#7PlaysaverPosted 1/4/2013 11:40:24 PM
tav19 posted...
The thing that gets me is that the TC apparently didn't go out and pay like $10 to get a decent surge protector to use/plug in his Wii U.

How in the world do you think a Surge protector is going to stop a brick from a power Failure??
People might want to invest in a uninteruptable power suppy(ups). Not nearly as cheap as a UPS. But a ups would do wonders if the power only blinks. Even a small ups would power the Wii U for awhile. Since the Wii U is only taking 80watts or so.
#8MathewMansonPosted 1/4/2013 11:43:07 PM
Playsaver posted...
tav19 posted...

How in the world do you think a Surge protector is going to stop a brick from a power Failure??
People might want to invest in a uninteruptable power suppy(ups). Not nearly as cheap as a UPS. But a ups would do wonders if the power only blinks. Even a small ups would power the Wii U for awhile. Since the Wii U is only taking 80watts or so.

Every system bricks in these situations, why is he going off at Nintendo? He should be going off at electronics in general.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#9Kiro_namiPosted 1/4/2013 11:52:52 PM
Lot of power outages since the Wii U's debut huh?

I blame PG&E.
---
GameFAQs is like a car crash - you know it's horrible but you just can't turn away.
#10PlaysaverPosted 1/4/2013 11:57:27 PM(edited)
MathewManson posted...
Playsaver posted...
tav19 posted...

Every system bricks in these situations, why is he going off at Nintendo? He should be going off at electronics in general.

if my computers power failed during a flash of it's bios, there would be a bootstrap part of the bios that is never overwritten and is there to let the user plug in a usb flash drive with the bios on it and let the computer retry the update. Electronics that have firmware, and that can and will just shutoff during a power loss, should be using a system like that so no one has to waste their time and nintendos time having to send a in a system that failed its firmware update. It's 2013 and my pc has been able to to that since 2008 and some pcs have been doing that even longer then that.