Nintendos lack of controller standardization is a MESS

#41LinkSSJ6Posted 1/5/2013 4:47:34 AM
It doesn't has analog triggers but it has a freaking touch screen that can replace the function of two or more buttons if necessary.
---
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly become any dumber.
You go and do something like that.
#42GoombaXPosted 1/5/2013 9:04:06 AM
sonic777 posted...
So delicate, these fangirls.

XD

aww thats cute
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#43VampiricDragon_Posted 1/5/2013 9:34:14 AM
Baha05 posted...
/Troll Topic

it is
#44SebVettelPosted 1/5/2013 9:55:54 AM
I don't really see the problem with Nintendo's controllers not being exactly like a PS3 or a 360 controller, other than the WiiMote and Wii U tablet not having analog shoulder buttons.

The only thing I don't like about Nintendo always making completely different controllers for each console is that backwards compatibility becomes a pain in the ass if you don't already own controllers from a previous console.
#45SpongeBob_SPPosted 1/5/2013 9:58:05 AM
How is this a troll topic? I'll admit, the topic title seems to be worded in a way that would cause arguments, but the lack of controller standardization is a valid complaint.

It's nice to have different controller designs, but Nintendo should at least offer comparable functionality to their competitors. The biggest offender has to be the 3DS, with the lack of a second analog stick. I understand that games can use the touch screen as a substitute, but it's not nearly as comfortable as an analog stick. Kid Icarus is a good example of a game that needed to at least take advantage of the CPP.
#46LinkSSJ6Posted 1/5/2013 11:08:16 AM
SebVettel posted...
I don't really see the problem with Nintendo's controllers not being exactly like a PS3 or a 360 controller, other than the WiiMote and Wii U tablet not having analog shoulder buttons.

The only thing I don't like about Nintendo always making completely different controllers for each console is that backwards compatibility becomes a pain in the ass if you don't already own controllers from a previous console.

The only reason they let those consoles be backwards compatible is for early adopters and people who already own games from the last gen.
---
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly become any dumber.
You go and do something like that.
#47GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:14:12 PM
bump
#48SteamedRicePosted 1/5/2013 3:17:03 PM
the worst offender is...

NSMBu...

Cool ok, bring it home, have a wiimote for 2nd player aaaaaand... 2 player mode will not work with gamepad + wiimote

What is that crap?
#49GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 6:25:40 PM
SteamedRice posted...
the worst offender is...

NSMBu...

Cool ok, bring it home, have a wiimote for 2nd player aaaaaand... 2 player mode will not work with gamepad + wiimote

What is that crap?

truth
#50ZHDALKERPosted 1/5/2013 6:28:42 PM
I like how he notes that a 3DS with a circle pad lacks analogue buttons, rumble and clickable sticks.
Because every other portable system has all that.
---
Yes! I am invincible!