To those that say next Gen starts here

#1its_mattPosted 1/5/2013 1:54:29 AM(edited)
As much as I would like that to be true it is not Nintendo who gets to decide what makes the next gen. It is the video games and console market as a whole that decides this and from what I can see so far WiiU has not inspired anyone outside of Nintendo to make the next gen step with games and if it is inspiring anyone within Nintendo they are certainly keeping it to them selves. I live in hope though.
#2FoppePosted 1/5/2013 1:54:45 AM
Here we go again...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3StarBladeEdgePosted 1/5/2013 2:07:50 AM
nintendo is the best

nintendo always show us what real next gen is.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=fvwrel Proud user of the korean sackflash move in ttt2 !
#4xerofyre0Posted 1/5/2013 2:13:10 AM
generation is just the release of a new console from a console maker. this is the first console of the new generation, its kind of a fact and not open to interpretation. power, system specs have nothing to do with the ''next gen''.
thats just a misnomer because people have been using it as an adjective when game looks graphically more impressive than current gen tech. people are still stuck in box by thinking that graphics are the only advancements necessary for game systems.
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#5DiscostewSMPosted 1/5/2013 2:14:08 AM
Next-gen will never come, because by the time it does, it becomes current-gen.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6Soanevalcke6Posted 1/5/2013 2:23:39 AM
Current Gen started a little under two years ago. So far we have 3DS, Vita, and Wii U in Current Gen
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#7Mig_MejPosted 1/5/2013 2:28:30 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Next-gen will never come, because by the time it does, it becomes current-gen.

Only if it is a Nintendo system.
---
Worst E3 ever.
#8DynheartPosted 1/5/2013 2:33:23 AM(edited)
This next gen argument is all semantics.

Is it the experience?
Is it graphics?
Is it the Audio?
Media?

Or is it simply the games?

It's all a matter of the gamer's preference. That's why you don't put a generation on hardware. It's just a generation of consoles. The Wii U is an 8th generation console weather the hardware fanatics like it or not. The Wii Was 7th generation, despite it's hardware.

It is what it is.

I think people trying to complicate the matter, when in fact...it's just another generation of consoles. Nothing more, nothing less. Hardware never was never a factor until, well, the 8th generation .
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#9FoppePosted 1/5/2013 2:44:53 AM
People had no problems with generations before Wii was released.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#10its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 2:52:52 AM(edited)
xerofyre0 posted...
generation is just the release of a new console from a console maker. this is the first console of the new generation, its kind of a fact and not open to interpretation. power, system specs have nothing to do with the ''next gen''.
thats just a misnomer because people have been using it as an adjective when game looks graphically more impressive than current gen tech. people are still stuck in box by thinking that graphics are the only advancements necessary for game systems.

I'm not talking about just graphical capabilities I'm talking about everything a gaming device can do and all the WiiU is showing so far is the additional use of the screen in the controller which although is adding some nice extras it is not offering a generational leap. Now I'm all for Nintendo showing us what their new hardware can do but nothing they have revealed seems remotely ground breaking, I'm just hoping they are keeping their big news secret until the last minute but it has stopped me being an early adopter of the WiiU which I would have become if I could see something coming that made it worth owning above the current gen systems.