To those that say next Gen starts here

#41niels200683Posted 1/5/2013 9:17:02 AM
Because it isn't written for children with an elementary reading level. Rewrite it as a dora the explorer story and they might get it.
---
Nintendo Wii: Putting the 'p' in 'Epic'.
-Curse all these sock-eating gnomes!-
#42DTY3Posted 1/5/2013 9:18:25 AM
Gen 8 is Vita, 3DS and Wii U.
This isnt an opinion. This is a cold hard fact.

Get. Over. It.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#43anon_firePosted 1/5/2013 9:29:48 AM
DTY3 posted...
Gen 8 is Vita, 3DS and Wii U.
This isnt an opinion. This is a cold hard fact.

Get. Over. It.

This.
#44El_ZaggyPosted 1/5/2013 9:31:54 AM
Its next gen for nintendo fans, they have such low expectations, that any HD console is next gen for them.
#45CranberryPSOPosted 1/5/2013 9:32:44 AM
A generation is a measure of succession, not a measure of power. I am not as physcally strong as my father, but as his daughter I am still the next generation of the family.

If today Sega were to release a new 16 bit console called "The Genesis 2" it woud be in the same generation as the WiiU. It would not be the same generation as the SNES just because they would have similar power.

Where you might get a gray area on a generation is if you have a rather late entry into a generation. Like let's say Microsoft doesn't release a new console for like 5 more years, but 2 years after that Nintendo and Sony release new consoles. If this were to happen, it would be debatable as to whether Microsoft was a late entry into the current genertion, or an early entry into the next generation.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#46themoth2112Posted 1/5/2013 10:19:54 AM
Microsoft took a whole year into the 360 to release anything that looked 'next gen' ps3 as well.
Everyone thinks everything happens right away like nothing!
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#47_FalstaffPosted 1/5/2013 10:29:23 AM
CranberryPSO posted...
A generation is a measure of succession, not a measure of power. I am not as physcally strong as my father, but as his daughter I am still the next generation of the family.

If today Sega were to release a new 16 bit console called "The Genesis 2" it woud be in the same generation as the WiiU. It would not be the same generation as the SNES just because they would have similar power.

---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#48MikaeelPosted 1/5/2013 10:44:15 AM
Next gen maybe in next level of gimmick. The Wii U needs games right now, I won't say it's a failure for one reason or another because in a year it could have great games and blow everyone away but we need to see that. Also Ninty needs to try to make less cookie cutter first party games. Mario, Zelda, Kirby/ etc all need revamps.
---
PSN: Narc780
#49justdontaskPosted 1/5/2013 10:45:36 AM
CranberryPSO posted...

this. you dont need to be better than the previous generation to be next gen...

so many people saying that Nintendo fanboys will accept this as next gen because blahblahblah, but no, they accept it because its a fact... a person who has nothing special about him at all is still part of a new generation, even if his parents found the cure for cancer, it doesnt mean he is not a new generation because hes worthless... the wii u may have nothing special about it, but it comes after the wii, making it next gen...
---
the only part of gamefaqs i like are the walkthroughs for games i like.
trolls avoid large blocks of text they can't criticize for all to see.
#50Psychofang12001Posted 1/5/2013 10:52:00 AM
Do generations really matter? I mean rumors and speculations say that it won't be as big of an improvement as other generations have. If next gen looks like its the same thing as what we have now is everything gonna go in flames.