What's with this power brick?

#21BuretsuPosted 1/5/2013 1:09:08 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
I WOULD except I got rid of all my other 360s that I've owned before this one...

Like how many people got rid of their Wii after they bought a Wii U?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#22Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:10:33 PM
Why would anyone ditch such an easily hackable console?
---
Linux will never be a gaming platform.
#23Baha05Posted 1/5/2013 1:11:21 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
I WOULD except I got rid of all my other 360s that I've owned before this one...

Here's a hint, the original 360 and the 360 slim use DIFFERENT power cords.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#24BuretsuPosted 1/5/2013 1:12:18 PM
Because everything the Wii does, the Wii U can too, including hacks and homebrew.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#25Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:16:01 PM
Solid Sonic posted...

Here's a hint, the original 360 and the 360 slim use DIFFERENT power cords.

I said I had other 360s before my current one. I'm saying because of that I have no reason to complain. Keep up!
---
#26DiscostewSMPosted 1/5/2013 1:19:48 PM
The Wii power brick has an output of 12V with 3.7A. That makes a max of 44.4 watts.

The Wii U power brick has an output of 15V with 5A. That makes a max of 75 watts.

Many games "right now" on the Wii U have shown to use a max of about 32 watts, so just by watt usage, the Wii power brick would be enough, but that isn't taking into account so many other factors, one of which is the stability of the system using a different volt and amperage. Assuming that the Wii U is stable at 15V and 5A, would it even be possible to use the Wii power brick? Here are the conditions for any device with regards to using a different adapter...

1) Adapter must be within -/+5% of set voltage of the original
2) Adapter must have an amperage at minimum what the original offers
3) Connector tip of adapter must fit securely.

Assuming the connector was the same, you'd only need to check the voltage and amperage. Going from Wii U to Wii power brick voltage is a difference of -20%, far more than the -/+5% limit. Amperage is 1.3A lower than the original. Either case would demonstrate the Wii power brick could not be used on the Wii U.

tl;dr

The Wii power brick does not meet the needs of the Wii U.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#27Baha05Posted 1/5/2013 1:26:12 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
I said I had other 360s before my current one. I'm saying because of that I have no reason to complain. Keep up!

Then you should already know that they don't use the same power cords, aka you shouldn't have assumed the Wii and the Wii U use the same power cords.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#28Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 1:28:21 PM
i looked at the Wii U connector and it looked identical to the Wii's. It's a fair misunderstanding...
---
#29Baha05Posted 1/5/2013 1:29:41 PM
Solid Sonic posted...
i looked at the Wii U connector and it looked identical to the Wii's. It's a fair misunderstanding...

No it's not.
---
#30GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/5/2013 1:30:17 PM
Solid Sonic posted...

On Meth it is
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie