Nintendo needs to just release games they are known for

#1anonymous4everPosted 1/5/2013 11:24:14 PM
They need to release known franchises at LAUNCH, and stop luring buyers into buying their gimmicky consoles in hopes of having decent games IN THE FUTURE.

I might buy a WiiU if and when decent Zelda, and Metroid franchises are announced, and release dates set.

I'm sick of buying Nintendo consoles wanting their specific games they are known for, and having to wait months, or years for them to release.
#2FFXIgaiaknightPosted 1/5/2013 11:27:06 PM
anonymous4ever posted...
They need to release known franchises at LAUNCH, and stop luring buyers into buying their gimmicky consoles in hopes of having decent games IN THE FUTURE.

I might buy a WiiU if and when decent Zelda, and Metroid franchises are announced, and release dates set.

I'm sick of buying Nintendo consoles wanting their specific games they are known for, and having to wait months, or years for them to release.

in terms of zelda i dont think anyone realistically expected a new zelda game at launch especially sense they just released one on the wii not to long ago...
---
Currently Playing: Nintendo Land (Wii U)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#3GloryChaosPosted 1/5/2013 11:28:33 PM
This kind of attitude is what lead to use getting two New Super Mario Bros. games in the same year.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#4anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 11:30:36 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
anonymous4ever posted...

in terms of zelda i dont think anyone realistically expected a new zelda game at launch especially sense they just released one on the wii not to long ago...

Perhaps, but even so, they need to have more recognizable games available at launch. The WiiU launch reminded me too much of the Wii launch, meaning very few quality games were available, and nothing new was available for the forseeable future.

The Metroid Prime series was cancelled....WHY??? Instead, we got the subpar, "Other M" series. They released Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 but what else? Finally as the system neared its end, we got Skyward Sword.
#5GloryChaosPosted 1/5/2013 11:34:27 PM
Metroid Prine was a trilogy. It ended.

Nintendo launches tend to be weak in general. Wii launched with Excite Truck and a GameCube port. GameCube launched with Luigi's mansion. DS launched with a remake of an N64 game. 3ds launched with a port of a ps3/360 game and a port of another n64 game.

WiiU launched with Mario and Nintendoland. And we haven't seen a Mario Launch in a while.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#6Banjo2553Posted 1/5/2013 11:34:47 PM
Nintendo would've done what you're suggesting if they didn't want to let third parties have the spotlight.

Also, I don't recall the Prime series getting cancelled. It was concluded, barring the secret ending of Prime 3.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#7ADHDguitarPosted 1/5/2013 11:43:29 PM
GloryChaos posted...
This kind of attitude is what lead to use getting two New Super Mario Bros. games in the same year.

---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#8Tsutarja495Posted 1/5/2013 11:55:27 PM
But Nintendo keeps making games all the way until the end of the console's lifespan, how do you expect them to make games for their upcoming system at the same time as making games for their current system?

Let's look at Zelda, starting with the 3D games.
N64 (1996)- Ocarina of Time (1998), Majora's Mask (2000)
GC (2001)- Wind Waker (2003), Twilight Princess (2006)
Wii (2006)- Twilight Princess (2006), Skyward Sword (2011)
Wii U (2012)- ???

The only reason Wii was able to launch with a Zelda was because they made the game for GC and Wii. The games are a few years apart each time. Be patient.
#9MotiJrPosted 1/6/2013 12:26:53 AM
Sounds to me like you're the problem. The Wii U launched with great games. You don't like these and only want games Nintendo are known for because you have a narrow mind and should therefore consider broadening your taste in games. If a company tried to cater to everyone's personal tastes and demands, they would be finished.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#10muffinmasherPosted 1/6/2013 12:38:55 AM
GloryChaos posted...
This kind of attitude is what lead to us getting two New Super Mario Bros. games in the same year.

I agree wholeheartedly. This kind of mentality is hypocritical.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.