Should I get a wiiu?

#1xxxxxnPosted 1/6/2013 5:14:44 AM
I want to get a wiiu but there are a few things about it that worry me. First there's the lack of games which makes me worry that Nintendo will quit making games for the wiiu forget about it and scrap this system like the Cdi and virtual boy were scrapped. Next is the fact that I heard you can brick the system just by using the first download that you have to do in order to play any games.

Lastly what worries me is that I heard the wiiu isn't selling very well. Should these things have me worried or should I quit worrying and just buy a wiiu already?
#2Chocobo115Posted 1/6/2013 5:16:07 AM
I would wait and buy it later when there are more games and the console is cheaper.
#3JoeSkeletorPosted 1/6/2013 5:20:46 AM
If i were you i would wait unless your interested in the ports that are out. NSMBU is great but it only took me 2 weeks to beat everything including the secret levels. So now im stuck with no games till pikmin3 comes out sometime in Q2. I wish i would have waited honestly its just not worth it at this point.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#4teknic1200Posted 1/6/2013 5:22:35 AM
monster hunter , nuff said.

and the ports that are out are all pretty good. It's hard to believe people complain about framerate issues in batman, I rolled the credits yesterday and that game is gorgeous
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#5NiftyManZPosted 1/6/2013 5:25:07 AM
1. It's a console launch. There will always be a lack of games. That being said, don't buy a ck sole if you see no games that interest you.
2. The system bricking is if you unplug during an installation (same reason why EVERY program tells you not to turn off when installing).
3. The wiiu is selling fairly well, considering the horrible economy. It is hard to judge anything like that with only 2 months worth of sales history...
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#6Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/6/2013 5:26:27 AM
You're letting the trolls get to you.
The system launched recently. Launch libraries are always small. Comparatively, Wii U's launch library is actually one of the better ones.
The Wii U can brick if power is cut after a system update finishes downloading while the installation is in progress. This is no different than other consoles and many other devices that receive similar updates, and is the reason for those warning screens telling you not to cut power during updates.
It's normal for systems that have been out for years, with their libraries fully expanded and their prices dropped, to outsell a console that has launched only recently. If you were to compare Wii U's sales rates with the sales rates of other game systems during their launch periods, you'd see that the Wii U is doing quite well for this point in its life.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#7STE573Posted 1/6/2013 5:29:49 AM
If you don't absolutely need one, hold off for now and wait on that killer app that you must have.

I've had mine since launch, and I'm not going to lie, the vast majority of my time with it has been on Netflix due to finishing ZombiU and NSMBU all too quickly.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) NSMBU (Wii U) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#8JoeSkeletorPosted 1/6/2013 5:31:52 AM
teknic1200 posted...
monster hunter , nuff said.

and the ports that are out are all pretty good. It's hard to believe people complain about framerate issues in batman, I rolled the credits yesterday and that game is gorgeous

Monster Hunter is to grindy and takes a huge time investment its not for everyone its not a bad game by any means but a little bump in graphics and a few more enemies is no reason to sink 100s of hours into a rehashed wii game again. And for the ports they are good but many have played them many month ago.
---
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
#9ElGadoPosted 1/6/2013 5:51:12 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
I would wait and buy it later when there are more games and the console is cheaper.

This if anything.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it until Nintendo gets their act together.
#10mozilla345Posted 1/6/2013 5:54:06 AM
2.2 Million sold in 2 months
tons of great games out now and to come out this year
just don't turn the system off during the update
---
Nintendo Network ID: Chrome345