How many times has your Wii U frozen, and what is your current play time?

#1NettoSaitoPosted 1/6/2013 12:25:49 PM
A lot of people seem to be complaining about the Wii U freezing, but it seems like a lot of people are making it out to be more of an issue than it really is. So, if you're one of the people who has had their Wii U freeze; how many times has it frozen, what were you doing when it froze, how how much have you actually played your Wii U?

As for me...

1. My first freeze ever actually came from Scribblenauts Unlimited. I had around 30-50 objects on the screen, and two of my friends were using Wii remotes to control different objects. It's pretty clear that after we did so much, we finally overloaded the game and it flat out froze. Later on the tablet screen froze while using the download menus, but once again that was a game issue.

2. Second time it froze I was playing Ninja Gaiden 3 in a Ninja Trial. After playing about 10 trials my teammate picked a stage, and as soon as he hit start it froze. Still this happened in the original game during the very same Ninja Trial, so pretty sure it was a game issue once again.

3. When I first put Warriors Orochi 3 in my console, the screen turned green and black, and the system flat out locked up. Since then I've played the game for about 15 hours, and I have never seen this issue again. Might have been an issue with the opening movie.

4. Ninja Gaiden 3 got stuck loading the main menu. The Wii U didn't actually freeze or anything (just the game did), so I could still open up mii verse and what not; however when I went to close the game, the console did freeze, or rather, it wouldn't load until it closed down Ninja Gaiden which was frozen. Once again, pretty sure it was a game issue.

Now I already have around 70 hours worth of play time on my Wii U, and I have only seen it freeze 4 times. Two of the freezes were from the same game where it also happened in the original, another freeze was because too much was going on on screen, and another one was from a brand new game. Really not sure why it happened there.

Either way, this really doesn't seem like an issue to me. All games on every system released could possibly freeze, so it shouldn't be too shocking that it's happening on the Wii U as well.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#2NilockePosted 1/6/2013 12:27:28 PM
Ha, wow. Sounds like quality hardware.
#3NettoSaito(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 12:32:23 PM
lol, at least we don't have to worry about files becoming corrupt. Every time my PS3 freezes on me, I really have no idea if it'll start up again or not. Due to the PS3 being a lot like a computer, freezing and hard shut downs have a chance of corrupting data which will then render the console useless. Like the 360, and Wii before it, the Wii U doesn't have this risk. Unless it's during a system update.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#4Lightning_fanPosted 1/6/2013 12:34:52 PM
0 times. Runs butter smooth.

Meanwhile my 360 RRODed 8 times
PS3 YLOD 5 times

PC got a **** ton of errors and glitches and is hardly compatible with old games. Sucks I paid 10,000 bucks for a rig that has the amazing Crysis graphics and the dumb computer has such issues running games.

So much for "PC master system"
#5muffinmasherPosted 1/6/2013 12:35:18 PM
Nilocke posted...
Ha, wow. Sounds like quality hardware.

You obviously didn't read the post.

The majority of his freezes, as with everyone else, are game related.
I've had my console freeze once or twice as well, but they were all game related.

If you're playing Skyrim or Call of Duty and it freezes, nobody blames the Xbox, you blame the game.
Why the backwards logic here?
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#6endoflevelbossPosted 1/6/2013 12:35:51 PM
3 times in approximately 100 hours which is less frequent than my PS3.
#7Lightning_fanPosted 1/6/2013 12:38:39 PM
endoflevelboss posted...
3 times in approximately 100 hours which is less frequent than my PS3.

Mainly because Nintendo builds their consoles with love and care. They quality test all of their products for consumer satisfaction.

Nintendo is like a friendly mom and pop store. Sony is this Scrooge like corporation always cutting corners. Their general greed and apathy shows in their appalling hardware stability.

My friend's MP3 play broke 1 day after warranty... Pretty sure Sony designs many of their products to do that to rip off their customers.

I am very sorry you were duped into buying that junk system. It is all better now though because you have the Wii U.
#8StickMen1090Posted 1/6/2013 12:39:03 PM
froze 3 times and iv played probably a bit over 100 hours
#9Lightning_fanPosted 1/6/2013 12:41:59 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
froze 3 times and iv played probably a bit over 100 hours

Maybe you should get some sleep... I do not think that is healthy for one... Secondly you could just be imagining or dreaming (micronap probably) that it froze.

If your system really froze then it will probably be sorted out in a firmware update.
#10TiamatKillerPosted 1/6/2013 12:44:31 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
0 times. Runs butter smooth.

Meanwhile my 360 RRODed 8 times
PS3 YLOD 5 times

PC got a **** ton of errors and glitches and is hardly compatible with old games. Sucks I paid 10,000 bucks for a rig that has the amazing Crysis graphics and the dumb computer has such issues running games.

So much for "PC master system"

Guaranteed troll right here.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM