My idea for a Nintendo achievement system

#11Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 10:41:53 PM
TheBonfini posted...
I think it is a cool idea, but all you are really suggesting is a game world representation of the achievements you have received except instead of looking at a list you are looking at a room.

So you get all the heart containers in Zelda.. Instead of seeing a trophy for it on your profile, you get to invite Mii's over to your e-elf house to see your decorative Master Sword in your electronic Polly Pocket world.. There is no way Nintendo will ever convince TP's to do this for the Nintendo version of games.

It is a cool little gimmick, but resources will simply be deemed better spent elsewhere.

Achievements in games that don't want to participate can still go towards points to buy expansions for the house. With the popularity of Animal Crossing I think it would be huge.
#12BankAMGPosted 1/6/2013 11:20:26 PM
If you beat zelda 100% invested 80 hours wouldn't you want to tell someone? achievements are bragging rights. If i beat halo 4 on legendary in under 2 hours i want other gamers to know.
#13Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:51:42 PM
BankAMG posted...
If you beat zelda 100% invested 80 hours wouldn't you want to tell someone? achievements are bragging rights. If i beat halo 4 on legendary in under 2 hours i want other gamers to know.

What better way to tell them then to have the Master Sword or something like that in your house. Much better than a meaningless trophy or points if you ask me.
#14FlyinTonitePosted 1/6/2013 11:53:18 PM
I'd rather just have them link achievements to club nintendo so you can get points to buy actual physical merchandise like folders, pens, cards, etc. So not only do I have bragging rights for completely something, I also have points to buy items I can use irl.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd