DLC would be pefect for zelda

#1omniryuPosted 1/6/2013 6:26:28 PM
I have been thinking awhile about the Zelda series. I wanna bring this up first because it would lead up to my main point. I'm growing disinterest in the same/similar map of Hyrule.
It has the same desert at the west, mountain up north, lake to south and grass in the center. Worst, it is land lock. Ocarina of time & Twilight Princess (sometime Wind Waker and Skyward Sword). Every time i go to the edge of Hyrule, I always want to go beyond. But, since I'm not an idiot, I know there is an abyss that i will fall down and die.

This brings me to me idea (which really come from a couple of snes rpgs). Make the next have Zelda multiple continent or land. Like go on a ship or other method and travel. it will have islands and continent. Make each DLC add a new continent or island. With two or three dungeons and at least one town. My other idea is to let other developers get a crack at DLC. We always wanted other developers to try. So this way would be perfect. You have Nintendo handling the main core mechanics and main overworld and the main dungeon. Let some trustworthy devs try the DLC dungeon and DLC overworld.

Whenever I play Assassin Creed's 3 I love the frontier. To me it is the true successor to A Link To The Past overworld in terms of content. In most 3D Zelda (Majora Mask and Skyward Sword is a somewhat an exception of this) The overworld is just sometime fillers. Everybody knows Capcom would be a warm welcome. Retro Studio can also get time to shine. Just my thoughts. And again. The DLC would have nothing to do with the main plot. It could pertain to the overall timeline story.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#2YoyokuKOPosted 1/6/2013 6:59:26 PM
no

i didn't need to read the whole thing.
unless its free, then no.
#3GAMERCAMRYPosted 1/6/2013 7:02:35 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
no

i didn't need to read the whole thing.
unless its free, then no.

---
Chuck Norris once ordered a Big Mac at Burger King....and got one.
#4XRay2984Posted 1/6/2013 7:04:44 PM
If you want Skyrim, the search bar is at the top of the page. I'll take my Zelda without DLC please. Unlike in most open world games, Zelda dungeons are actually creative and relevant to some plot.
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#5LUlGIPosted 1/6/2013 7:04:54 PM
(Free) DLC would be perfect for every game.
#6ColorfulColorsPosted 1/6/2013 7:06:20 PM
DLC isn't good for anything.
---
Go on the Wii U board and find a topic where the word fanboy isn't used. Its impossible.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed~SuperShyGuy9000
#7ZvolTxPosted 1/6/2013 7:10:32 PM
Extra post-launch dungeons would be great, even if they aren't free. There are those of us that don't get a whole lot of enjoyment out of playing the exact same thing over and over again, so adding post endgame content would be amazing for me, especially since Zelda is my favorite franchise.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#8YoyokuKOPosted 1/6/2013 7:19:15 PM
ZvoLtx posted...
Extra post-launch dungeons would be great, even if they aren't free. There are those of us that don't get a whole lot of enjoyment out of playing the exact same thing over and over again, so adding post endgame content would be amazing for me, especially since Zelda is my favorite franchise.

buy extended filler
buy next new game

only one of those choices make sense
#9omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 7:21:00 PM
XRay2984 posted...
If you want Skyrim, the search bar is at the top of the page. I'll take my Zelda without DLC please. Unlike in most open world games, Zelda dungeons are actually creative and relevant to some plot.

Like most snes rpg their overworld and dungeon are important too. And what's wrong with having more dungeons?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#10jesse7150Posted 1/6/2013 7:22:09 PM
omniryu posted...
Make the next have Zelda multiple continent or land. Like go on a ship or other method and travel.

?!?
---
Today I step into the shoes of a great man, a man by the name of Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.