DLC would be pefect for zelda

#61HeliosAscensionPosted 1/7/2013 4:55:25 PM
darkjedilink posted...
HeliosAscension posted...
I'm talking small things, like the trees in Ocarina of time. It could be something as simple as a shovel.While that's not a weapon or a dungeon level find the idea still works. You can go back to other dungeons and locations later and dig up something cool. Or you have a weapon that will basically just lower/destroy/power up a barrier or something. That way the DLC creator is making the actual content that you access later in the game. It doesn't even really need that much work ahead of time.

So, you're asking them to devote significant development time to make DLC with no point...

I get what you're trying to do here, but for the sake of the possibility you aren't just trying to be difficult and derail the topic, I'm not asking anyone to do anything. I was merely suggesting a way that they could leave space in the game for future content that other companies could do the work on later, just as the topic creator was talking about. And also a way that wouldn't devote unneeded resources that seemed to botehr you.
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#62darkjedilinkPosted 1/7/2013 5:04:51 PM
darkjedilink posted...
I'm talking small things, like the trees in Ocarina of time. It could be something as simple as a shovel.While that's not a weapon or a dungeon level find the idea still works. You can go back to other dungeons and locations later and dig up something cool. Or you have a weapon that will basically just lower/destroy/power up a barrier or something. That way the DLC creator is making the actual content that you access later in the game. It doesn't even really need that much work ahead of time.

So, you're asking them to devote significant development time to make DLC with no point...

I get what you're trying to do here, but for the sake of the possibility you aren't just trying to be difficult and derail the topic, I'm not asking anyone to do anything. I was merely suggesting a way that they could leave space in the game for future content that other companies could do the work on later, just as the topic creator was talking about. And also a way that wouldn't devote unneeded resources that seemed to botehr you.

Except none of that content would have a point, so they WOULD be devoting resource wastefully.

I have no problem with DLC as a general rule (not even day-1 DLC in most cases), but DLC purely for the sake of DLC - which is exactly what is proposed - is just plain stupidity
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#63omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:05:25 PM
darkjedilink posted...

Just like what they did for Ocarina of Time for the 64DD?

How'd that game turn out? Oh yea one of the greatest game of all time. It is extra content.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#64omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:13:58 PM
darkjedilink posted...
darkjedilink posted...

Except none of that content would have a point, so they WOULD be devoting resource wastefully.

I have no problem with DLC as a general rule (not even day-1 DLC in most cases), but DLC purely for the sake of DLC - which is exactly what is proposed - is just plain stupidity

You mean just like all side quest in every game has little to none to do with the main plot?
---
#65omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:17:11 PM
darkjedilink posted...
darkjedilink posted...

You mean just like all side quest in every game has little to none to do with the main plot?
---
#66darkjedilinkPosted 1/7/2013 5:29:47 PM
omniryu posted...
darkjedilink posted...
darkjedilink posted...

You mean those quests that directly improve your character via experience, cash or items?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#67omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:32:32 PM
So when did I say you can't collect anything?
---
#68DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/7/2013 5:37:01 PM
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Not as a replacement for the main formula, but post-release, make new dungeons and overworlds, and add them in. Like, you buy the Gerudo Desert DLC, and some NPC pops up somewhere on the map, or some broken bridge somewhere gets fixed through some now-available sidequest, opening up a new chunk of world to explore.
Full Zelda game on the disk, extra padding post-release.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#69omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:47:43 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Not as a replacement for the main formula, but post-release, make new dungeons and overworlds, and add them in. Like, you buy the Gerudo Desert DLC, and some NPC pops up somewhere on the map, or some broken bridge somewhere gets fixed through some now-available sidequest, opening up a new chunk of world to explore.
Full Zelda game on the disk, extra padding post-release.

Pretty much. I know people aren't fans of having content cut out from the main game. So I just try to make something easy to understand.
---
#70omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 6:41:11 AM
Bomp
---