Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Wii U the first system to port last gen games?

#61Darksilver4Posted 1/7/2013 10:33:03 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
PS3
---
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Call of Duty 3
Madden 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tony Hawk's Project 8
FIFA 07
Fight Night Round 3
The Godfather: The Game

---
Gun
Madden NFL 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
NHL 2K6
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Wii
---
Call of Duty 3
Pinball Hall of Fame
Happy Feet
Madden NFL 07
Need for Speed: Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Twilight Princess
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Barnyard
Cars
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Open Season
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Super Fruit Fall
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

Really, the only console not to launch with multiplats or ports from other consoles (the above list does not include Arcade ports or PC ports) was the N64 that I can think of at the top of my head.

You forgot about Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, it was a GameCube game that ported to Wii, or did they port the PS2 version to Wii?
---
PSN: Darksilver4
NN ID: Darksilver4
#62OzzieArcanePosted 1/8/2013 2:10:03 AM
Darksilver4 posted...
You forgot about Resident Evil 4 on the Wii, it was a GameCube game that ported to Wii, or did they port the PS2 version to Wii?

It had the PS2 content in it from my understanding.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#63DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/8/2013 2:51:27 AM
Actually, it's completely normal, and every console in existence that ever did anything, ever has had cross-generational multiplatform titles. In fact, it used to be common for a platform to live well into the early life of it's successor. For example, NES was still getting games well after the SNES came out, some of which were multiplats. SNES was getting games while the N64 was around. The last worthwhile PS1 game came out in 2004, after the series' PS2 entry.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#64miraimikePosted 1/9/2013 9:23:59 PM
kdognumba1 posted...
I can't really recall a system that DIDN'T port or emulate games from previous generations.

Maybe N64... I dunno.

Sim City 2000 was ported to SNES, and later to N64.
---
-Mike 3DS Friend Code: 2148-8168-3762 Street Fighter IV
"Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts"
#65Enigma149Posted 1/9/2013 9:38:40 PM
Nope. The Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii all launched with ports of last generation-games. If you want to talk handhelds, so did the DS, PSP, and 3DS...but oddly, not the Vita (as far as I can tell).
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#66DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/9/2013 9:44:27 PM(edited)
Enigma149 posted...
Nope. The Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii all launched with ports of last generation-games. If you want to talk handhelds, so did the DS, PSP, and 3DS...but oddly, not the Vita (as far as I can tell).

Doesn't Vita have several multiplats from "current" generation consoles?
Assasin's Creed III, Disgaea 3, Little Big Planet...
So yeah, Vita as well. Actually, probably Vita especially.
---
#67vidalmorazaPosted 1/9/2013 9:50:04 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Enigma149 posted...

No, AC3 Liberation and LBP are new games for the console, not multiplats, only Disgaea is a direct port with all the DLC included....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#68ZBug_Posted 1/9/2013 9:53:20 PM
HELZERO posted...
Maybe I'm wrong, need some clarification. For example COD and asscreed are ports from last gen systems and are nothing new.

The word you're looking for is multiplatform.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#69DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/9/2013 9:56:26 PM(edited)
There's also FFX HD announced for it, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, and probably a giant pile of games I don't care about, too.
Vita definitely follows the trend to a T.

And Ninja Gaiden, and Tales of Hearts...
---
#70Enigma149Posted 1/9/2013 9:58:23 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Enigma149 posted...

I was only doing launch games. After the launch, however, you are correct - most of the Vita's games (essentially every notable game except for Gravity Rush) are multiplats, ports, or spin-offs. But I was also only counting multiplats, ports, or spin-offs of last (in this case, 7th) generation games, which the Vita does not currently have.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch