Is it worth getting the Wii U at this point so early on?

#1XyresPosted 1/6/2013 9:31:36 PM
I am debating on spending my money on a new monitor or a wii u. I know this board will be a little biased but I realize that. Without the wii u store, a wider selection of games and no HD up-scaling is the console worth it ATM or would it be better to wait until the store is up and more games are out and just get a new monitor instead?
---
"But I still kill him every time I can if he overextends because, y'know. He can go to hell." Bart27
#2DemonDog666Posted 1/6/2013 9:39:47 PM
WiiU is good for 2 things right now ZombiU and playing games while someone else is using the tv, that's it.
#3Descedent1Posted 1/6/2013 9:41:05 PM
Yes. I am loving it and recommend it
#4TheBonfiniPosted 1/6/2013 9:42:40 PM
Do you have a really good computer?
What is your budget for a monitor?
Some of the higher end tier monitors look freaking amazing.

How often would you play the WiiU vs the computer?

Too many variables to give a straight answer. If you want games currently out buy a Wii-U. You know more games are coming so it isn't exactly a big risk.

I bought a PS3 as soon as the first game I wanted came out for it I had to play (MGS4) and then it collected dust until more games I wanted came out and I could have waited because it dropped at least $100.00 in price in that time span.. I don't think the U will be dropping so drastically in price so just get what you would get more enjoyment out of today.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#5omescythePosted 1/6/2013 9:43:14 PM
have you even bother to figuer out what wii u games you might be intrested in. no point in buying a wii u unless you got enought games you want to play.
#6MichaeIPachterPosted 1/6/2013 9:46:26 PM
No. They will release a revision in 2 years called the Wii U 4K.
---
It's a profit deal.
#7Xyres(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 10:21:03 PM
My computer is awesome. And my budget is the cost of a wii 32g. 350$. And really the main game I want is bayonetta 2 but that has no release date and any future rpgs. I will 100% have one in the future it is just a matter of me deciding on what to go with first. So I decided to look online for some opinions.
---
"But I still kill him every time I can if he overextends because, y'know. He can go to hell." Bart27
#8teh1337gosuPosted 1/6/2013 10:27:46 PM
Xyres posted...
My computer is awesome. And my budget is the cost of a wii 32g. 350$. And really the main game I want is bayonetta 2 but that has no release date and any future rpgs. I will 100% have one in the future it is just a matter of me deciding on what to go with first. So I decided to look online for some opinions.

Get the monitor, wait for at least 1 game you really want to play before getting a wii u.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#9HELZEROPosted 1/6/2013 10:34:16 PM
Na I wouldnt bother at this point
#10IntoTheN1ghtPosted 1/6/2013 10:37:21 PM
Just get a new monitor, give the WiiU a solid year from this very date and see what comes up, if the poor sales continue it might drop in price and much better software will be out by then.

Zombi U is only worth it if you are a survival horror purist and NSMB U is exactly what you think it is. The console is already gathering dust and people are playing the waiting game with Nintendo Direct and E3 which is half a year away
---
Look at my game it must hurt! GA GA GA GA GA Hooray for me! In your face! You cant deny me, its to real for you!