Is it worth getting the Wii U at this point so early on?

#11Squished_MarioPosted 1/6/2013 9:37:40 PM
It's got too many kinks to work out at this point, including freezing issues, not enough games ( typical of launch ), Nintendo ID is linked to one Wii U console forever ( so if you want to download digitally, wouldn't recommend it ) and other issues. I am a Wii U owner by the way.

I'd wait.
---
The SquishedMario hurts, and has just been spoken by the truth.
PSN: VexSilver
#12G1243Posted 1/6/2013 9:39:39 PM
General consensus is that the Nintendo Wii U as it's current pricepoint and library of available games is NOT worth it's MSRP, not including the price of a single game.

The smart move is to wait until a larger library of quality titles are released, and more third party support. In addition, the emergence of the forthcoming PS4 and Xbox 720 will also be in the consumer's favor, forcing Nintendo to be more competitive in the coming months.

So unless you think spending $350 to play ZombiU or rehash NSMB is worth the price, it's better to take the wait-and-see approach.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#13Tsutarja495Posted 1/6/2013 9:40:37 PM
Any console is only worth getting once it has at least a few games you want. I got it at launch cause it had five I wanted, but if hardly anything appeals to you so far don't bother yet.
#14Xyres(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 9:45:25 PM
Alright thanks for all the honest input guys. I shall wait for some games I really want and get it then. I would hate to let it gather dust on my shelf for three months before a game I want comes out like what happened for the VITA with me haha.
---
"But I still kill him every time I can if he overextends because, y'know. He can go to hell." Bart27
#15Tsutarja495Posted 1/6/2013 9:47:55 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Any console is only worth getting once it has at least a few games you want. I got it at launch cause it had five I wanted, but if hardly anything appeals to you so far don't bother yet.

Worded incorrectly. I got it because I'm a Nintendo fanboy that gets every Nintendo consoles at launch. It just so happened to have five launch titles I wanted. People who aren't blind fanboys like myself are encouraged to wait till enough comes out that they want though.

It will be nice when I get to the level where I can edit instead of quoting myself.
#16Lemmywinks13Posted 1/6/2013 9:53:27 PM
Xyres posted...
Alright thanks for all the honest input guys. I shall wait for some games I really want and get it then. I would hate to let it gather dust on my shelf for three months before a game I want comes out like what happened for the VITA with me haha.

This is a bad place to come for opinions. Lots of hate here lol. Ive been loving the system personally. Lots of great looking games are coming soon as well. Rayman, Lego City, Monster Hunter, Pikmin, Toki Tori 2,Game and Wario, are great looking exclusives to go with Zombi U (my favorite game of 2012), Mario (Greatest 2d since Mario World), and Scribblenauts. Great ports of Assassins Creed, Batman, and Call of Duty as well. Dont believe the trolls saying there are no games.
#17DBPanterAPosted 1/6/2013 10:07:15 PM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Xyres posted...

This is a bad place to come for opinions. Lots of hate here lol. Ive been loving the system personally. Lots of great looking games are coming soon as well. Rayman, Lego City, Monster Hunter, Pikmin, Toki Tori 2,Game and Wario, are great looking exclusives to go with Zombi U (my favorite game of 2012), Mario (Greatest 2d since Mario World), and Scribblenauts. Great ports of Assassins Creed, Batman, and Call of Duty as well. Dont believe the trolls saying there are no games.

I agree with most of this sentiment. There is what, 50 games out currently? The fact is that people need to expand their horizons in regards to genres of games. If you do not want to purchase games, something like gamefly would actually help. The other thing that people forget is 2013 is looking to be a very dry gaming year due to developers focusing their attention on 3 new consoles, so we will not see many new IPs, but rather a continuation of sequels.

Video games are one form of entertainment that people spend their disposable income on for entertainment. Any game you would want will cost money, putting the TC over the $350 price tag. I personally have really enjoyed the titles I have played (more so Ubisoft than Nintendo).

The reason I would purchase the Wii U all over again is that playing games off the TV (needed if you have significant other, kids, or others sharing a TV), the remote capabilities of the gamepad for the TV, and Nintendo TVii for a sports enthusiast (can't wait for NCAA basketball tourney time).
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#18blazeUP12Posted 1/6/2013 10:11:49 PM
I bought one at launch and I think you should wait. The library is still lacking.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#19JKatarnPosted 1/6/2013 10:21:28 PM
I personally wouldn't after hearing about all the brickings/game freezings and the fact that more than a few ports of third-party current gen games are inferior to the 360/PS3/PC originals (which are much cheaper as well - and I'm speaking from a visual/performance standpoint). I'm sure quality first-party content will entice me to buy one down the road, but nothing being offered currently makes me want to run right out and buy one.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES