Stupid Question: If I buy a retail game, shouldn't I be able to download free?

#1YoyokuKOPosted 1/6/2013 8:54:05 PM
download a free digital copy i mean.

...it's essentially downloading a rom legally right (by owning the physical copy)?
what's the difference?

not trying to start illegal things
#2YamiYugi4400Posted 1/6/2013 8:54:52 PM
no
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#3-Thyme-Posted 1/6/2013 8:55:13 PM
Then you could just sell the retail copy.
#4DemonDog666Posted 1/6/2013 8:55:37 PM
If they let you do that, you could then sell your physical copy and keep the digital one.
#5YoyokuKO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 8:57:48 PM
huh

...what if Nintendo used NFC with the game box to confirm you still have the game every month?
#6TheStarCorePosted 1/6/2013 9:00:48 PM(edited)
They'd force you to do it everytime you played the game instead

I meant with a disc, not the box.
#7YamiYugi4400Posted 1/6/2013 9:01:02 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
huh

...what if Nintendo used NFC with the game box to confirm you still have the game every month?

Why download it if you have the game, just pop the game in
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#8YoyokuKO(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 9:01:32 PM
better than disc wear...

welp, thanks for pointing out that obvious.
dunno how i missed that
#9Tsutarja495Posted 1/6/2013 9:01:56 PM
"Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet."
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom
#10BuretsuPosted 1/6/2013 9:03:08 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
huh

Then you have a month of playing a game for free. It would pretty much have to check every couple of seconds.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit