New Nvidia handheld will allegedly be able to stream PC games to a second screen

#11Tsutarja495Posted 1/6/2013 11:04:15 PM
Thanks for the other link. My thoughts are that this makes the Ouya kinda pointless, since it says it can play Android games on the TV with a cord.
#12CyclicalPosted 1/6/2013 11:10:47 PM
SteamedRice posted...
it's like a higher tech true portable Wii U not limited to nintendo games.

The Wii U isn't limited to Nintendo games. But this handheld thing seems to be focused more on portability than Wii U.
#13Muljo StphoPosted 1/6/2013 11:15:42 PM(edited)
So what's the count on new systems trying to enter the market at this point? There's this. There was something said about a Steam console at some point. There was... what was the one that came out a while ago... not Phantom because that was a hoax, but there was something else with a similar concept to that... OnLive? Anyway, it seems like there have been even more systems than that mentioned at some point or another but I can't remember them all. Was Apple coming up with a dedicated gaming system of some sort or was that just rumors?

edit: Ouya! I forgot about that one. Remind me, what was that one's pitch again? Something about it being targeted more at indie developers instead of large studios?

---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#14BuretsuPosted 1/6/2013 11:15:38 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...
So what's the count on new systems trying to enter the market at this point? There's this. There was something said about a Steam console at some point. There was... what was the one that came out a while ago... not Phantom because that was a hoax, but there was something else with a similar concept to that... OnLive? Anyway, it seems like there have been even more systems than that mentioned at some point or another but I can't remember them all. Was Apple coming up with a dedicated gaming system of some sort or was that just rumors?

There's also that new Android stick thingy.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#15Muljo StphoPosted 1/6/2013 11:16:26 PM
Android stick thingy?
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#16SolisPosted 1/6/2013 11:25:47 PM
That's actually pretty impressive for what it is. Full 720p screen, 4K output directly from the handheld, and (hopefully) access to hundreds of games? Sounds like a pretty decent deal. In fact if it supports streaming PC games AND the full library of android games, it would pretty much have the most extensive game support available on a single platform. I'm interested to know what kind

Hopefully the price will be reasonable. I'm hoping for $200-$300 at launch, but I can definitely see it go higher considering it has a Tegra 3 and 720p screen packed in.

Along with this, what are the specs on the Tegra 4?

Cyclical posted...
Also, I know this is the Wii U board, but I think this thing just killed the Ouya.

While I can see some overlap in the potential userbase, the Ouya is going for an extreme low cost. Most of the people that would shell out $100 for an Ouya probably wouldn't have bought this otherwise, unless they manage to make it extremely inexpensive (but since it's basically a high end tablet and controller, I'd be surprised if that was the case).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#17kdognumba1Posted 1/6/2013 11:30:09 PM
I've said this in 2 other boards already but I'll say it again. I hate the design and I'm not understanding it at all. It's not pleasing to look at and it looks extremely fragile. Slapping a phone screen on a 360 controller doesn't seem very well thought out.

As for the streaming PC games to a console, what's the point in buying the console if you're going to do that? I'm really not impressed.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#18ADHDguitarPosted 1/6/2013 11:31:12 PM
Well, at least it's different.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#19Jx1010Posted 1/6/2013 11:31:15 PM
copying Nintendo, again...
#20StealthlysPosted 1/6/2013 11:32:46 PM
3ds is nintendoomed, and this will make the vita flop more somehow.