New Nvidia handheld will allegedly be able to stream PC games to a second screen

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. New Nvidia handheld will allegedly be able to stream PC games to a second screen
4 years ago#11
Thanks for the other link. My thoughts are that this makes the Ouya kinda pointless, since it says it can play Android games on the TV with a cord.
4 years ago#12
SteamedRice posted...
it's like a higher tech true portable Wii U not limited to nintendo games.

The Wii U isn't limited to Nintendo games. But this handheld thing seems to be focused more on portability than Wii U.
4 years ago#13
So what's the count on new systems trying to enter the market at this point? There's this. There was something said about a Steam console at some point. There was... what was the one that came out a while ago... not Phantom because that was a hoax, but there was something else with a similar concept to that... OnLive? Anyway, it seems like there have been even more systems than that mentioned at some point or another but I can't remember them all. Was Apple coming up with a dedicated gaming system of some sort or was that just rumors?

edit: Ouya! I forgot about that one. Remind me, what was that one's pitch again? Something about it being targeted more at indie developers instead of large studios?
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
4 years ago#14
Muljo Stpho posted...
So what's the count on new systems trying to enter the market at this point? There's this. There was something said about a Steam console at some point. There was... what was the one that came out a while ago... not Phantom because that was a hoax, but there was something else with a similar concept to that... OnLive? Anyway, it seems like there have been even more systems than that mentioned at some point or another but I can't remember them all. Was Apple coming up with a dedicated gaming system of some sort or was that just rumors?

There's also that new Android stick thingy.
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
4 years ago#15
Android stick thingy?
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
4 years ago#16
That's actually pretty impressive for what it is. Full 720p screen, 4K output directly from the handheld, and (hopefully) access to hundreds of games? Sounds like a pretty decent deal. In fact if it supports streaming PC games AND the full library of android games, it would pretty much have the most extensive game support available on a single platform. I'm interested to know what kind

Hopefully the price will be reasonable. I'm hoping for $200-$300 at launch, but I can definitely see it go higher considering it has a Tegra 3 and 720p screen packed in.

Along with this, what are the specs on the Tegra 4?

Cyclical posted...
Also, I know this is the Wii U board, but I think this thing just killed the Ouya.

While I can see some overlap in the potential userbase, the Ouya is going for an extreme low cost. Most of the people that would shell out $100 for an Ouya probably wouldn't have bought this otherwise, unless they manage to make it extremely inexpensive (but since it's basically a high end tablet and controller, I'd be surprised if that was the case).
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
4 years ago#17
I've said this in 2 other boards already but I'll say it again. I hate the design and I'm not understanding it at all. It's not pleasing to look at and it looks extremely fragile. Slapping a phone screen on a 360 controller doesn't seem very well thought out.

As for the streaming PC games to a console, what's the point in buying the console if you're going to do that? I'm really not impressed.
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
4 years ago#18
Well, at least it's different.
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
4 years ago#19
copying Nintendo, again...
4 years ago#20
3ds is nintendoomed, and this will make the vita flop more somehow.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. New Nvidia handheld will allegedly be able to stream PC games to a second screen

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived