New Nvidia handheld will allegedly be able to stream PC games to a second screen

#31TheFlamingCPosted 1/7/2013 1:41:42 AM(edited)
It apparently needs a computer with a GTX 680 to actually stream to the TV and controller, so I don't know how successful it will be.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#32BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 1:45:07 AM
blankempathy posted...
r8mli posted...
http://shield.nvidia.com/

Read the specs and be prepared to be shocked at how no PC gamer will take this seriously. PC gamers love multiple monitors and large screens, why would a PC gamer spend another 250-400 dollars to play their high end pc games on a 5 inch 720p screen? This device is pretty much a smarter Wii U gamepad that doesn't understand its audience. Seeing that the PSV is already at 250-299 I don't see this costing less than 250-400. The Tegra 4 tech is amazing but people buy tablets as a device to do work on and surf the internet. This has a lot of things going against it.

Actually it does understand its audience, if it were just a portable android system with a controller it'd be different. As a pc gamer depending on this cost it does interest me. I would love to play some of my pc games ot emulated games in the comfort of my own bed. Like you said above, Pc gamers love that extra mile, the shield isn't a new platform, its essentially a pc gamer accessory. Of course me buying comes down to the actual cost and how it functions in its release stage.

Hope you have an NVIDIA graphics card in your PC, GTX 650 or higher. Otherwise, you're pretty much SOL. And I've heard estimates up to $500 for the cost of the thing.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#33PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 1:46:40 AM
Dragongod165 posted...
80/80

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323706704578225601224073018.html
http://kotaku.com/5973641/nvidia-out-of-nowhere-announces-a-new-gaming-handheld

Similar to Wii U Gamepad? Discuss.

Personally I think the design of this thing looks horrible lolol

What for? we have a keyboard & multiple output support. Multiple output means you're supporting touch screens already. This means you can have a large screen, a small touch screen & a keyboard/whatever. Further proof PC gamers just want consoles.
#34blankempathyPosted 1/7/2013 1:47:06 AM
Buretsu posted...
blankempathy posted...
r8mli posted...
http://shield.nvidia.com/

Read the specs and be prepared to be shocked at how no PC gamer will take this seriously. PC gamers love multiple monitors and large screens, why would a PC gamer spend another 250-400 dollars to play their high end pc games on a 5 inch 720p screen? This device is pretty much a smarter Wii U gamepad that doesn't understand its audience. Seeing that the PSV is already at 250-299 I don't see this costing less than 250-400. The Tegra 4 tech is amazing but people buy tablets as a device to do work on and surf the internet. This has a lot of things going against it.

Actually it does understand its audience, if it were just a portable android system with a controller it'd be different. As a pc gamer depending on this cost it does interest me. I would love to play some of my pc games ot emulated games in the comfort of my own bed. Like you said above, Pc gamers love that extra mile, the shield isn't a new platform, its essentially a pc gamer accessory. Of course me buying comes down to the actual cost and how it functions in its release stage.

Hope you have an NVIDIA graphics card in your PC, GTX 650 or higher. Otherwise, you're pretty much SOL. And I've heard estimates up to $500 for the cost of the thing.

I actually have a 680 so I'm good. Estimates are estimates we can speculate all we want it'll get us nowhere though.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#35ShadowSkill11Posted 1/7/2013 1:54:49 AM
Buretsu posted...
I said it in the topic on the 3DS board, I'll say it here:

It's a crappy tablet stuck to a caved-in XBox controller.

Pass.

Yeah? That's how most of the gaming community thinks about the WiiU controller. It's a cheap feeling controller with an old DS screen carved into it.
#36blankempathyPosted 1/7/2013 1:59:08 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Pass.

Yeah? That's how most of the gaming community thinks about the WiiU controller. It's a cheap feeling controller with an old DS screen carved into it.

Actually the wii u gamepad feels very comfortable for long periods of gameplay and does not feel cheap.. Lol you guys are so quick to write things off. Its sad really, have an open mind.
---
#37BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 1:59:55 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Pass.

Didn't mean to offend anyone who works at NVIDIA, sorry.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#38blankempathyPosted 1/7/2013 2:04:01 AM
Buretsu posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Pass.

You're here daily defending the wii u but you're just as bad as trolls, so quick to look down on a competitors technology and write it off as lame. Seriously you guys are just a cancer to gaming. New tech is revealed and because its not developed by the company you have a loyalty to its "meh".
---
#39IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/7/2013 2:12:33 AM
It's interesting.

up to 4k resolution stream to TV
5'' 720p screen
pure android
xbox 360 controller...

how is that bad? It's completely portable android device with a 360 controller, that's pretty awesome aside from the design.

Yep, more powerful than the Wii U as far as streaming and resolution.
#40BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 2:13:52 AM
blankempathy posted...
Buretsu posted...
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Pass.

You're here daily defending the wii u but you're just as bad as trolls, so quick to look down on a competitors technology and write it off as lame. Seriously you guys are just a cancer to gaming. New tech is revealed and because its not developed by the company you have a loyalty to its "meh".

No, get out of here with that stupid fanboy logic. Why can I not say that something I think is "Meh" is "Meh" without people always reading things into it that I never intend to say? Why is it assumed that if you have a positive opinion on something, you're automatically a fanboy of it, and if you have a negative opinion on something, it's because you're a fanboy of something else?

The Shield is a nifty little piece of technology, sure, but I have no interest in the Android gaming market. The fact that it can stream games from the PC? Yeah, that starts to interest me, but the fact that you're limited to the range of your WiFi, you have to have specific graphic cards in your PC to even use this feature, and my interest falls in direct opposition to the price that it will be marketed at.

Silly goddamn fanboys. Quit thinking everyone subscribes to the same "My toy is better than yours!" mentality that you do.
---