New Nvidia handheld will allegedly be able to stream PC games to a second screen

#51JackalPosted 1/7/2013 3:32:34 AM
I'll buy it if it's cheap.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#52blankempathyPosted 1/7/2013 3:35:30 AM
Buretsu posted...
blankempathy posted...
Buretsu posted...
Man, for someone who thinks he's above the fanboys, you're sure doing a good job of sinking to their level...

Sure bud

Pathetic.

Upset that much? I left you questions, you decided to ignore them and deflect them.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#53EoinPosted 1/7/2013 3:40:40 AM
midgar posted...
Then again, why can't Sony just strike a deal to run a version of android on the Vita and instantly bolster their library? Seems smarter.

Vita developers would very much hate a sudden influx of low-priced competition.

Buretsu posted...
I've heard estimates up to $500 for the cost of the thing.

Those estimates are simply incorrect. This is moderately better specced than a Vita, and will release at least 18 months after the Vita (likely more), so those better specifications will cost less then than the Vita's specifications did back in 2011. Anyone suggesting it will cost a lot more than the Vita hasn't a clue what they're talking about.
#54BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 3:44:15 AM
blankempathy posted...
Buretsu posted...
blankempathy posted...
Buretsu posted...
Man, for someone who thinks he's above the fanboys, you're sure doing a good job of sinking to their level...

Sure bud

Pathetic.

Upset that much? I left you questions, you decided to ignore them and deflect them.

I answered your questions. You dismissed my answers with a pithy two word response.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#55blankempathyPosted 1/7/2013 3:47:47 AM
Buretsu posted...
blankempathy posted...
Buretsu posted...
blankempathy posted...
Buretsu posted...

Sure bud

Pathetic.

I answered your questions. You dismissed my answers with a pithy two word response.

"But I accuse you of being a fanboy, because you're using the same sort of fanboy logic that states that if I don't like something, it's because I'm a fanboy of something else. Like it's an alien concept that there exists someone who has specific preferences instead of blind brand loyalty."

Where did I state I didn't like something or blindly said "oh that sucks"?
---
#56FoppePosted 1/7/2013 3:48:18 AM
blankempathy posted...
r8mli posted...
http://shield.nvidia.com/

Read the specs and be prepared to be shocked at how no PC gamer will take this seriously. PC gamers love multiple monitors and large screens, why would a PC gamer spend another 250-400 dollars to play their high end pc games on a 5 inch 720p screen? This device is pretty much a smarter Wii U gamepad that doesn't understand its audience. Seeing that the PSV is already at 250-299 I don't see this costing less than 250-400. The Tegra 4 tech is amazing but people buy tablets as a device to do work on and surf the internet. This has a lot of things going against it.

Actually it does understand its audience, if it were just a portable android system with a controller it'd be different. As a pc gamer depending on this cost it does interest me. I would love to play some of my pc games ot emulated games in the comfort of my own bed. Like you said above, Pc gamers love that extra mile, the shield isn't a new platform, its essentially a pc gamer accessory. Of course me buying comes down to the actual cost and how it functions in its release stage.

Put TV in front of your bed, use any card with TV Out, welcome to the 90's.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#57BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 3:50:35 AM
blankempathy posted...
"But I accuse you of being a fanboy, because you're using the same sort of fanboy logic that states that if I don't like something, it's because I'm a fanboy of something else. Like it's an alien concept that there exists someone who has specific preferences instead of blind brand loyalty."

Where did I state I didn't like something or blindly said "oh that sucks"?

I never said you did. That's like asking why I call a lion a cat if I've never heard it meow. I call you a fanboy because you use the same logic that fanboys use, not because you expressed blind dislike for something.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#58AsellusPosted 1/7/2013 3:54:16 AM
Streaming from the cloud or your PC is completely useless due to input lag and poor image quality. Even in their demonstrations you could see the delays in user input.

Can hardly imagine streaming from a pc in the same house would have much input lag, really shouldn't be any different than the Wii U in this respect since it's pretty much the same in how it works there.
#59blankempathyPosted 1/7/2013 3:57:44 AM
Foppe posted...
blankempathy posted...
r8mli posted...

Read the specs and be prepared to be shocked at how no PC gamer will take this seriously. PC gamers love multiple monitors and large screens, why would a PC gamer spend another 250-400 dollars to play their high end pc games on a 5 inch 720p screen? This device is pretty much a smarter Wii U gamepad that doesn't understand its audience. Seeing that the PSV is already at 250-299 I don't see this costing less than 250-400. The Tegra 4 tech is amazing but people buy tablets as a device to do work on and surf the internet. This has a lot of things going against it.

Actually it does understand its audience, if it were just a portable android system with a controller it'd be different. As a pc gamer depending on this cost it does interest me. I would love to play some of my pc games ot emulated games in the comfort of my own bed. Like you said above, Pc gamers love that extra mile, the shield isn't a new platform, its essentially a pc gamer accessory. Of course me buying comes down to the actual cost and how it functions in its release stage.

The way my bed is designed its incredibly uncomfortable to lay down on it since the frame blocks my view to my monitor.
---
#60FoppePosted 1/7/2013 4:01:03 AM
blankempathy posted...
Foppe posted...
blankempathy posted...
r8mli posted...

The way my bed is designed its incredibly uncomfortable to lay down on it since the frame blocks my view to my monitor.

Then you move your monitor, problm solved.
...or get a new bed?
Or introduce the frame to a saw?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC