New Nvidia handheld will allegedly be able to stream PC games to a second screen

#71blankempathyPosted 1/7/2013 5:48:19 AM(edited)
RainingMetal posted...
Isn't the point of PC gaming to avoid the use of controllers? I hope this thing flops like the N-Gage.

There are plenty of games nowadays (mainly multiplats) that can easily be played with a controller. Also emulators. Also you want it to flops because.....? Did nvidia burn your house down?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#72messhiaunedPosted 1/7/2013 5:49:15 AM
RainingMetal posted...
Isn't the point of PC gaming to avoid the use of controllers? I hope this thing flops like the N-Gage.

Umm no.
#73Board_hunter567Posted 1/7/2013 5:52:51 AM
RainingMetal posted...

Unless it's an FPS or strategy game, a controller will probably be preferred by most.
#74MuryoPosted 1/7/2013 6:02:02 AM
Is this a troll topic? Because Nvidia sounds like Envidia(just like Ngage to Engage), which means "Jealousy" in spanish.
#75IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/7/2013 6:03:14 AM
RainingMetal posted...

There are plenty of games nowadays (mainly multiplats) that can easily be played with a controller. Also emulators. Also you want it to flops because.....? Did nvidia burn your house down?

Because it isn't Nintendo.
#76FoppePosted 1/7/2013 9:15:30 AM
Muryo posted...
Is this a troll topic? Because Nvidia sounds like Envidia(just like Ngage to Engage), which means "Jealousy" in spanish.

Nvidia is a pretty big hardware company, they and ATI pretty much dominate the GPU market together.
They were founded in 1993 and you have probably heard about their GeForce...
So no, Nvidia is not a joke...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#77AsellusPosted 1/7/2013 4:45:11 PM
Nvidia is a pretty big hardware company, they and ATI pretty much dominate the GPU market together.

They also produced the gpu used in the original X-Box and the gpu in the ps3. Not exactly a stranger to this sort of thing.
#78bleedingelitePosted 1/7/2013 4:54:26 PM
I like how they have a really crappy d-pad like the xbox controller, and badly placed thumbsticks like the dualshock, so the player really gets the worst of both worlds.