The main arguments against nintendo are subpar hardware and lack of third party

#1FlyinTonitePosted 1/6/2013 11:40:21 PM
games. PC will always have superior tech (including tech better than what the next gen of microsoft and sony consoles will have most likely) and don't people generally buy consoles for exclusives anyway? My point is, it just boils down to games, and people need to stop spewing tech like they know what half that crap does rather than make the game look pretty (first person to spew terms like tessellation will be slapped). Why can't people just talk about the games when spewing hate for nintendo, or in my opinion, an immense displeasure. "I don't like mario, he feels stale," is a far more valid argument then, "nintendo isn't getting bioshock, it therefore sucks."
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#2BuretsuPosted 1/6/2013 11:43:06 PM
Did someone say... tesselations? Nostalgia bomb!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFwSpw7Bv3s
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3MotiJrPosted 1/7/2013 12:12:03 AM
How is the hardware subpar? Maybe your expectations are too high. I'm not looking to buy a console for 400-500.
How is there a lack of third party? That was actually stupid to say. Most launch games are third party. If you assume that no recent third party games being on Wii U equals no third party support, you would be wrong. You can't expect companies to suddenly make their games available for a new console with new hardware when the games have been in development for a long time.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#4HELZEROPosted 1/7/2013 12:15:29 AM
MotiJr posted...
How is the hardware subpar? Maybe your expectations are too high. I'm not looking to buy a console for 400-500.
How is there a lack of third party? That was actually stupid to say. Most launch games are third party. If you assume that no recent third party games being on Wii U equals no third party support, you would be wrong. You can't expect companies to suddenly make their games available for a new console with new hardware when the games have been in development for a long time.

Wow man youre dillusional. TC hit it on the money.
#5MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 1/7/2013 12:21:16 AM(edited)
So because computer hardware will always be superior to consoles that means console hardware gets a pass if it's weak/sucks? Hmm, ya learn something knew everyday.

P.S. I don't like Mario, he feels stale and Nintendo isn't getting Bioshock and many other great games, therefore it sucks.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#6PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 1:14:15 AM
FlyinTonite posted...
games. PC will always have superior tech (including tech better than what the next gen of microsoft and sony consoles will have most likely) and don't people generally buy consoles for exclusives anyway? My point is, it just boils down to games, and people need to stop spewing tech like they know what half that crap does rather than make the game look pretty (first person to spew terms like tessellation will be slapped). Why can't people just talk about the games when spewing hate for nintendo, or in my opinion, an immense displeasure. "I don't like mario, he feels stale," is a far more valid argument then, "nintendo isn't getting bioshock, it therefore sucks."

You wrote this? Listen, I've had a gaming PC since forever why intoduce this element into a discussion about the Wii U?
The hardware is far from subpar & if you are really into PC gaming you'd understand this point.
The fact that Dual GFx cards, top tier CPUs & 4-8GB of RAM is needed to have the best possible experience in PC gaming, should tell you, that too much is needed in terms of hardware just to enjoy that.
I remember when PC gamers woulda killed just to be able to play console games on PC. Man we used to have to learn to program just so we could do it.
Truth is that consoles evolved from the PC experience. Todays consoles are what games are made for, its the bestpossible compromise, therefor experience & the U is a step above that. PC gaming is the over the top experience.
If gaming developers want to give PC gamers the alternative experience in gaming they all claim, then why are those games not tailor made to utilize all of the PC unique qualities?
Because its not needed, PC gamers, still justwant to use the rig as a gaming console. Nuff sed.