Which was better...WiiU launch or Xbox360 launch and why?

#31xerofyre0Posted 1/9/2013 1:50:46 AM
i LOVE perfect dark zero, kameo and geometry wars so i have to say 360 no matter how much i love zombiu and nintendo land. i easily put 1,000 hours into pdz.
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#32LordcrabfoodPosted 1/9/2013 1:57:09 AM
Condemned is one of my fav games this gen and smokes anything currently available on the wii u. The wii u launch line up is abysmal, nintendo should of held off till they had some bigger titles ready.
#33xerofyre0Posted 1/9/2013 1:58:49 AM
abysmal? really? thats harsh and makes me think you havent played many of the titles.
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#34JinCAPosted 1/9/2013 2:01:46 AM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
JinCA posted...
The 360 launch was better in many ways and likely would have sold far more consoles had they been in ample supply the way the WiiU has been and not suffered the supply shortages it did at the time. People keep pointing out the 2005 November NPD and saying "the 360's first full month of sales" which is BS, the 360 was only on sale for 5 days before they stopped tracking for that month, it launched on the 21st and they stopped tracking on the 25th. You had the 360 sell 100k consoles less with their tracking time about half of what the WiiU's was and COD 2 sold about the same amount of copies as NSMBU even with 100k less potential customers out there.

The 360 had the best versions of 3rd party ports not the worst (AC3, COD, Batman aren't as good on the WIiU as they are on the ps3/360) and there was less confusion about what it actually was. Nintendo has done an AWFUL job of marketing this thing and it will NOT be anywhere near as successful as the wii. People who want to game on tablets will use a tablet for gaming, looking at 2 different screens is silly for games that move at anything more than a snails pace. It also doesn't help that it's a brand new console that has games that don't look as good as the versions appearing on a 7 year old machine.

are you done being a drone?

Wow great point you didn't make there.
#35JinCAPosted 1/9/2013 2:10:01 AM
kdognumba1 posted...
The 360 launched with not that many games and only had a handful of good ones. Wii U launched with some really big games but most of them were ports. Over all, I'd still give to Wii U considering how the exclusives were pretty good and while many games were ports some had more content, played better, and/or were a lot less cumbersome because of the controller.

Fact of the matter, despite them being ports, the Wii U launched with Ninja Gaiden 3, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, CoD:BO2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Sonic's Allstar Racing, Epic Mickey 2, Batman Arkham City, Trine 2, Mighty Switch Force and quite a few other notable games and then had a pretty extensive list of exclusives that for the most part were good.

As for the systems themselves, I think Wii U has an edge for a few reasons:

- 360 launched with a no HDD SKU and a 20 gig SKU and had proprietary HDD upgrades and proprietary memory cards, Wii U launched with 8 gig flash and 32 gig flash but also allows allows conventional external memory to be used right out the gate

- 360 launched with some BC support and allowed you to use the 360 controller with all Xbox games, Wii U launched being able to play all Wii games from your region as well as use all the Wii accessories but required Wiimotes for Wii games

- 360 launched with no HDMI support, Wii U comes out the box with a HDMI cable

- 360 launched with sliders and cross game chat between 1 person, Wii U launched with Miiverse no cross game chat but video chat and internet browsing that doesn't close your games down

- 360 required a monthly/annual fee to play games online and sold at $400 for the 20gig HDD SKU and $300 for the no HDD SKU, Wii U had no monthly fee requirements and costs $350 for deluxe 32 gig and $300 for basic 8 gig.

- 360 had monthly deals that required you to have xbl gold meaning you have to pay to get them, Wii U deluxe has a cash back system that gives you 10% back on all digital purchases and club nintendo registration that wracks in CN coins that can be used to purchase games digital for Wii, 3DS, and DSi.

- 360 had cutting edge graphics for a console at its time, Wii U has (so far) average 360/PS3 level graphics but is the first console to offer 2 screen gaming among many other features in its controller.

- 360's controller(s) were either wired or required you to purchase conventional batteries or battery packs separately, Wii U's pad has a crappy battery life but has an internal battery and comes with a charger (and cradle for deluxe purchasers)

- 360 had a lan port in the back but no wifi requiring you to purchase an expensive wireless adapter, Wii U has wifi built in but no lan but has the option for you to buy a *cheap* lan port adapter.

Over all, what you got at launch with Wii U was of much more value imo and tbh, is of more value then MOST home consoles at launch.

This is the danger in comparing launches that are 7 years apart, there is no way that had the WiiU been the console that came out 7 years ago that it would have had HDMI support, that it would have had wireless support, that it would have had a higher capacity disc drive and it wouldn't have had the controller either, it's insane that it doesn't have an optical audio out as it is.. The software at launch and through the holidays for the 360 was IMO better than what the WIiU had.

The problem here is Wii U got a lot of ports of great games but better versions were available on other consoles. When the 360 launched it got the best looking versions of it's ports because MS didn't go the cheap route on the hardware the way nintendo has with their last two machines, AC3, Batman, BOPS2, ME all looked better on the 360 and some even looked better on the ps3 as well. Nintendo did't put release anything that stands out, a Nintendo console needs strong 1st party games and it missed having one at launch
#36LordcrabfoodPosted 1/9/2013 2:51:04 AM
xerofyre0 posted...
abysmal? really? thats harsh and makes me think you havent played many of the titles.

Played most, ports were not any better then the other versions. zombiu was boring as hell. Condemned convinced me that the next gen had arrived. Wii u has not done this at all.
#37art_of_the_killPosted 1/9/2013 3:24:44 AM
megax11 posted...
It's systems like the 360 and PS3, and perhaps PS4 and 720, that will ruin gaming, by giving us a lot of M-Rated, gritty, games, that put more focus on graphics and realism than fun.

Oh look. It's the same regurgitated Nintendo fanboy propaganda that is still absolutely untrue.

Here's a question. If graphics and realism come at the price of fun, then why are Nintendo fans so keen to point out when Wii U multiplats look superior to the PS3/360 versions? (which, by the way, has yet to even happen in the first place)
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#38geneticsftwPosted 1/9/2013 3:53:48 AM
art_of_the_kill posted...
megax11 posted...
It's systems like the 360 and PS3, and perhaps PS4 and 720, that will ruin gaming, by giving us a lot of M-Rated, gritty, games, that put more focus on graphics and realism than fun.

Oh look. It's the same regurgitated Nintendo fanboy propaganda that is still absolutely untrue.

Here's a question. If graphics and realism come at the price of fun, then why are Nintendo fans so keen to point out when Wii U multiplats look superior to the PS3/360 versions? (which, by the way, has yet to even happen in the first place)

Look, its the same regurgitated response to the same fanboy propaganda.
---
Sweet
#39jwillennPosted 1/9/2013 4:39:08 AM
In less than a month of the system's release, the following games were available for the Wii U:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii U
Batman Arkham City
Assassin's Creed III
Nano Assault Neo
Sonic Racing Transformed
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Mighty Switch Force HD
Little Inferno
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Darksiders II
Nintendo Land
Trine 2
Fifa 13/Madden 13/NBA 13
Mass Effect 3
Chasing Aurora
ZombiU
Orochi Warriors 3

The diversity in quality games here blows the 360's lineup within a similar span out of the water.
#40art_of_the_killPosted 1/9/2013 10:13:19 AM
geneticsftw posted...
Look, its the same regurgitated response to the same fanboy propaganda.

At least I'm not the total hypocrite in this instance.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.