Which was better...WiiU launch or Xbox360 launch and why?

#41darkjedilinkPosted 1/9/2013 10:26:53 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
In terms of availability: Wii U wins. The demand for 360s was much higher.

You should check those sales numbers - the demand for the 360 was so low it didn't sell out in any major market, meaning even the low supply was too much for demand.

In terms of launch titles: 360 had a lot more original titles and all the ports were superior to the competition. Same cant be said for WiiU.

This just isn't true at all.

In terms of system reliability: This is unknown but if I'm honest I'm hearing about a lot more broken wiiu's then there was 360 in the first couple of months. 360s started breaking a bit later.

This isn't true either. RRoD happened well within the first month of the 360's launch, and at the time, MS wasn't even replacing them, even though it was MS's fault. Nobody's bricked a Wii U even remotely without fault, yet Nintendo replaces them no questions asked (even pays for shipping). The ratio of RRoD in the first two months to BrickU is much higher on RRoD, as well.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#42darkjedilinkPosted 1/9/2013 10:34:57 AM
Lordcrabfood posted...
Condemned convinced me that the next gen had arrived.

You were impressed by that rubbish?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#43Baha05Posted 1/9/2013 10:36:11 AM
darkjedilink posted...

Dude Condemned was a fun ass game, I wouldn't say it was a title suited for the 360 but still fun game.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#44Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/9/2013 10:49:00 AM
BonezWell posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Buretsu posted...
In terms of pure sales numbers: Wii U wins.
In terms of availability: Wii U wins.
In terms of launch titles: Depends on preference, mostly.
In terms of hype: About even, I'd say.
In terms of system reliability: Wii U wins by a head.

In terms of system reliability: This is unknown but if I'm honest I'm hearing about a lot more broken wiiu's then there was 360 in the first couple of months. 360s started breaking a bit later.

Lol. 33% hardware failure.

That did not start happening until about a year or so after the launch, according to everything I see on the net, unless you happen to work for Microsoft or the repair center. I'd say you're getting your information from BS.Com
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#45Baha05Posted 1/9/2013 10:52:45 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
That did not start happening until about a year or so after the launch, according to everything I see on the net, unless you happen to work for Microsoft or the repair center. I'd say you're getting your information from BS.Com

No there were reports since like near launch of RROD. And even if there are other reports later on the fact of the matter is RROD is a much bigger issue then the Wii U's bricking.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#46kdognumba1Posted 1/9/2013 11:06:12 AM
JinCA posted...
This is the danger in comparing launches that are 7 years apart, there is no way that had the WiiU been the console that came out 7 years ago that it would have had HDMI support, that it would have had wireless support, that it would have had a higher capacity disc drive and it wouldn't have had the controller either, it's insane that it doesn't have an optical audio out as it is.. The software at launch and through the holidays for the 360 was IMO better than what the WIiU had.

This is debatable. Wii and PS3 both had wireless right out of the box, PS3 had HDMI support right out the box, I didn't mention the discs but seeing as you did PS3 had the discs right out of the box, and while it's debatable if Wii U would of had its controller or not, the Wii controller also was completely different and introduced something that wasn't done before. Of course 7 year difference does come into play but as of right now, what you get out of the box for Wii U is top tier.

The problem here is Wii U got a lot of ports of great games but better versions were available on other consoles. When the 360 launched it got the best looking versions of it's ports because MS didn't go the cheap route on the hardware the way nintendo has with their last two machines, AC3, Batman, BOPS2, ME all looked better on the 360 and some even looked better on the ps3 as well. Nintendo did't put release anything that stands out, a Nintendo console needs strong 1st party games and it missed having one at launch

In all honesty, this was also the same for 360. CoD2 and Quake 4 were on PC about a month before and like most games they were better on PC. NFS:MW, King Kong, Condemned, Gun, and all those sports games. Even Geometry Wars was a port of a Xbox game that came out 2 years before it. Furthermore, nothing about them being on 360 gave them unique features software wise or control wise. The ports on Wii U however are of much MUCH better games over all and while most the games do run worse, most run nowhere near as bad as what people are making them out to (not like Skyrim on PS3), most have unique exclusive software features, some are actually better on Wii U (Ninja Gaiden 3 & Trine 2 for example), and ALL of them benefit from the controller. Also, there's a lot more to choose from and while I did enjoy some of 360's exclusives Wii U also outshines it in this area imo.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#47zalmutePosted 1/9/2013 11:16:30 AM
kdognumba1 Wins, Flawless Victory.
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device.
#48LordcrabfoodPosted 1/9/2013 10:04:46 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
Condemned convinced me that the next gen had arrived.

Each to their own and it was and still is a lot better then any of the crap on the wii u.
#49Andrew21044Posted 1/13/2013 2:04:48 AM(edited)
YamiYugi4400 posted...

Madden NFL 06 (EA) ----- Basketball
NBA 2K6 (2K Games) ------ Football

I don't know if this was intended or not.
---
This is endorsed and loved by Tony Stewart.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gtp63s.gif
#50IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/13/2013 2:03:02 AM
360 launch was a technical improvement over the last gen right from the beginning, so...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10