The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

'Crysis 3' not coming to Wii U due to lack of "business drive"

#1Helmsly2008Posted 1/7/2013 2:18:35 AM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a448410/crysis-3-not-coming-to-wii-u-due-to-lack-of-business-drive.html

"There has been discussions between Nintendo and EA and Crytek, but the bottom line is that there is that there's not enough business drive in it," he told Digital Spy.

"It's a purely business decision. I'd love to see it on Wii U, but what I love to see and what gets done at the end of the day are two different things. Even so, I could initiate it but someone has to sell it, right?"

Yerli added: "It's a business decision between EA and Nintendo. If that business decision doesn't make sense, or seems to not make sense for them, it's... not possible for us to make it. We can't publish ourselves, and that's the bottom line."
#2R3al1Posted 1/7/2013 2:21:29 AM
"Bwaaah, our 3rd party games don't sell on Nintendo's Platforms"

*Doesn't release third party content to try it out*

EA... Oh well, at least Activision and Gearbox is giving Wii U full support.
#3lazycomplifePosted 1/7/2013 2:31:07 AM
Looks like Nintendo denied their crappy game.

Crysis belongs on a PC.
---
Wow really
#4nonexistingheroPosted 1/7/2013 2:34:45 AM
Seems more like they're not willing to fund it. Anyhow, something needs to come from both sides.

On Nintendo's part, they'd need to be willing to fund it.
On Crytek's part, they need to be willing to work a little more on their game so the Wii U will get a better version, perhaps even with more content. Now if Crytek just wants to port it without anything extra aside from tacked on Wii U support, I would be cautious in publishing it as well.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5STE573Posted 1/7/2013 2:58:05 AM
I understand why Nintendo isn't funding it themselves, given that EA is funding the other versions but not a Wii U version, and honestly that is unfair. I hate EA and their greed.

But IMO Nintendo should be funding the game from a business stand point just to have it on the system, even though it would lose them money and likely be an outsourced port that may be sub par.

Crysis and Crysis 2 were two fantastic games, and I would have went with 3 on the 360 anyway so it makes no difference to me. But it's still greedy and very safe from EA.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) NSMBU (Wii U) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#6OtakuGameraPosted 1/7/2013 3:06:32 AM
well if black ops 2 is not selling super numbers, what are the chances that crysis 3 or battlefield 3 will? i think they made the right choice
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#7EoinPosted 1/7/2013 3:17:23 AM
lazycomplife posted...
Looks like Nintendo denied their crappy game.

...so you actually believe Nintendo would turn down a third-party game with a huge brand name behind it, from a massive publisher like EA? That's seriously what you're suggesting? That Nintendo are completely fine with Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade, Game Party Champions and ESPN Sports Connection on Wii U, but Crysis 3, no, that's crossing a line.

(Also, the kind of veto that you're talking about is illegal in Japan and Europe, just FYI).

OtakuGamera posted...
well if black ops 2 is not selling super numbers, what are the chances that crysis 3 or battlefield 3 will? i think they made the right choice

The Black Ops 2 sales on Wii U must be terrifying for developers (and potential developers) of FPS games on Wii U. Obviously FPS games might still sell in reasonable or high numbers on Wii U, but any developer pitching an FPS game for Wii U (either as a multiplatform or a Wii U exclusive) to a publisher is going to have to be able to deal with the question: "Black Ops 2 didn't sell well on Wii U and that's one of the biggest games of all time. What's this game going to do differently?"
#8G1243Posted 1/7/2013 3:25:19 AM
Every article where a developer or publisher says their game isn't coming to the Wii U, all the Nintendo fanboys come in saying the game wasn't good anyway, lol

The fact of the matter is, is that the Wii U needs every 3rd party title it can get its hands on.

There's one category for games called 'exclusives', which help sell the console. Then there's another category which fall under being 'excluded'. The more 3rd party games being denied on the Wii U, is another setback against the console; another hurdle in the overall success of the system.

Don't blame the devs or publishers -- the fault lies solely on Nintendo.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#9Board_hunter567Posted 1/7/2013 4:59:44 AM(edited)
G1243 posted...
Don't blame the devs or publishers -- the fault lies solely on Nintendo.

Crytek seems game (getting their engine up and running fairly early, this statement), it's EA that's in fear of not making enough money.
The fault lies with publishers worried about making a profit and Wii U owners for not making a convincing argument by not buying 3rd party titles (although why would you buy BLOPS 2 for a new system instead of the one you and your friends already have?)

Unless you're criticizing Nintendo for not giving EA enough money to do the port. Then I guess it's their fault for not complying with a screwed up system.
#10Beatperson14Posted 1/7/2013 4:02:34 AM
Helmsly2008 posted...
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a448410/crysis-3-not-coming-to-wii-u-due-to-lack-of-business-drive.html

someone has to sell it, right?

L
o
L