'Crysis 3' not coming to Wii U due to lack of "business drive"

#11Lemmywinks13Posted 1/7/2013 4:21:14 AM
Mass Effect 3 won't sell well on Wii U so EA will take that as proof nothing will work. Geniuses those guys are.
#12IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/7/2013 4:22:45 AM
Looks like Nintendo denied their crappy game.

Wonder if Squatch is going to jump on this guy with his Super Paper Mario image about judging games without playing them?

Probably not, oh well.
#13PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 4:25:43 AM
Y'know developers releasing statements like this are doing themselves no favours.
These companies didn't take advantage of the Wii, now it seems they won't with the Wii U. What makes me laugh is that with the Wii it was understandable.
Considering the Wii U is being mirrored in every other console, this seems to have less to do with business than anything I can think of. Truth is the U is a comprable platform to release their game on, don't they like money?
Anyway EA & Pachter are behind this. Anything that keeps money out of their pockets I am all for. No loss.
#14mcsmellingtonPosted 1/7/2013 4:26:15 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Mass Effect 3 won't sell well on Wii U so EA will take that as proof nothing will work. Geniuses those guys are.

I'm surprised they didn't port the full trilogy. Why would anyone want just Mass Effect 3 on Wii U? Surely one of the main draws is that you've been through the first two games making choices and stuff.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#15PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 4:30:36 AM
mcsmellington posted...
I'm surprised they didn't port the full trilogy. Why would anyone want just Mass Effect 3 on Wii U?

Its like telling the end of a story & keeping the rest of the book from the reader.
#16blankempathyPosted 1/7/2013 4:40:38 AM(edited)
mcsmellington posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...

I'm surprised they didn't port the full trilogy. Why would anyone want just Mass Effect 3 on Wii U? Surely one of the main draws is that you've been through the first two games making choices and stuff.

Oh im sure they will for more money later, this is EA afterall.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#17P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/7/2013 4:37:39 AM
Looks like they need someone to publish it.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
#18Rasputin77Posted 1/7/2013 4:44:49 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Looks like Nintendo denied their crappy game.

Wonder if Squatch is going to jump on this guy with his Super Paper Mario image about judging games without playing them?

Probably not, oh well.

Dat reverse psychology! =D
---
When you get called a troll on the Wii U board, keep in mind who's probably doing the "judging"... http://alturl.com/r7wt9
#19DTY3Posted 1/7/2013 4:55:46 AM
Oh wow so this is the neweset excuse?

I mean I dont care for Crysis and im sure anyone who does plays it on PC but still.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#20PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 5:50:14 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Looks like they need someone to publish it.

Yep, because EA won't. Ever since that UO fissco & how they practically robbed Richard Garriots Origin Systems (Yes kids), thats where 'Origin' for their Digital subscriber shop comes from. Originally, EA's Origin was supposed to compete with Steam for the PC Digital download market. Dunno what thy were thinking using Origins name for it, only a complete effing imbecile would make a decision like that.
You see, for the gazillions of gamers from back then, 'Origin sytems Inc' is hallowed ground, that EA delibertely effed up, has always been just as much about aquiring EAs IPs as it was sticking it to OSIs fans. OSI was almost unanimously regarded as the Nintendo of the PC developers. Massive & massively popular.
Screw EA! I'll never forgive them for ruining that company, Looking Glass technologies & many others. If you think EA won't screw Crytek the minute they don't tow EAs line guess again. Pft, and you lot BUY their games! & watch Pachters drivel.
When are you lot gonna get it? Today its EA on the U. Tomorrow it will be your fav. over something else. Sad when you think about it. That you all feel you have so little control.
If you like Cryteks games & want to see them on the U, then you should make sure EA don't have a choice but to do it. Then if they still don't you will see, just how much, EA give a damn what you think.